NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-03-2022, 02:47 PM

Default '56 Dodger Autographs auction help

Hi there, I have an autograph book with 18 '56 dodger Autos (Robinson, Campy, Hodges etc...). I'm looking to move it soon. Any Auction house recommendations? Goldin? Heritage? Any others?
Old 01-04-2022, 08:06 AM
J@RR0D

Why not try selling it here first? A lot of folks, myself included, may be very interested in a piece like that. Unfortunately, autograph books don't go for the big bucks you may be hoping for, simply because they don't display well. At best, they just end up being a bunch of lower value cuts. Feel free to send me a PM though with pics and what you were looking to get out of it.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:06 PM
Doug Goodman

Agreed, many on this site would love to see pix and a price, myself included.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:45 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
Why not try selling it here first? A lot of folks, myself included, may be very interested in a piece like that. Unfortunately, autograph books don't go for the big bucks you may be hoping for, simply because they don't display well. At best, they just end up being a bunch of lower value cuts. Feel free to send me a PM though with pics and what you were looking to get out of it.
Robinson and Campanella will not be lower value cuts if on pages by themselves. I too would be interested in the book. You can post pictures even if you don't want to move it here. You might get an offer you can't refuse.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:02 PM
Curt

We went through this 2 years ago or so with you. The value has probably jumped a fair bit in that time too, as the memorabilia world has gone crazy during covid.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=291117

Based on the last thread, its not clear what you are wanting to hear? The value was well spelled out before. I am guessing you got a slew of offers on it when you posted the pictures last time. (I guess I didn't read the latest comment close enough, you now want seller recommendations). I'm sure there are plenty of those available for the asking.

I'm sure many members here are major players in those larger auctions. You might just consider trying to come up with a price and sell direct and save yourself the auction fees. Yes, it takes away the possibility of a runaway price that is in your favor, but also thinking the right buyer will know the ceiling on a piece like this. I am not a major player, so I do not know that answer.

Last edited by mrmopar; 01-09-2022 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 06:21 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

I reread your original thread from 2020 and as a collector I can appreciate your situation: a great family heirloom with lots of sentimental meaning for you . I’ll say that you shouldn’t sell until you are absolutely sure you are prepared to sell the album .
You must consider several things with this item . Yes the value may have increased 10 -20 % since your post but it won’t have increased as cards have . Also the value is not easily stated . If you send to any AH you will have to pay some sort of a consignment fee , unless you are able to negotiate a 0% seller’s fee which depending on the AH’s perceived value of the item you may be able to do .
But remember also you are asking for a value of the item and to sell it for that amount ( or more ) and I’m sure you want that price in an auction. All AH will start the minimum bid at a fraction of the estimated value of the item so once the MB is made it sells and many times items do sell for amounts far below the estimated value of the item leaving the seller with remorse . You can request a Reserve on the item which is above the MB but not revealed until the Reserve is met and then it will sell , but still possibly less then the estimated value of the item.
So you can ask all you want and as long as you want as to what the album is worth and you’ll get good estimates of its value but it’s not what it’s worth , or could be worth , or should be worth . It’s worth only what it sells for whether here on Net 54 or in an AH .
Personally I would set a value you can live with and sell it here on NET 54 and avoid the AH fees and selling price uncertainty. If you are set on an AH then I’d look at REA , Heritage , Huggins and Scott , SCP , maybe Hunt and R&R .
But you have to be willing to sell the album and live with the decision to sell and whatever you sell it for .
Old 01-09-2022, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
I reread your original thread from 2020 and as a collector I can appreciate your situation: a great family heirloom with lots of sentimental meaning for you . I’ll say that you shouldn’t sell until you are absolutely sure you are prepared to sell the album .
You must consider several things with this item . Yes the value may have increased 10 -20 % since your post but it won’t have increased as cards have . Also the value is not easily stated . If you send to any AH you will have to pay some sort of a consignment fee , unless you are able to negotiate a 0% seller’s fee which depending on the AH’s perceived value of the item you may be able to do .
But remember also you are asking for a value of the item and to sell it for that amount ( or more ) and I’m sure you want that price in an auction. All AH will start the minimum bid at a fraction of the estimated value of the item so once the MB is made it sells and many times items do sell for amounts far below the estimated value of the item leaving the seller with remorse . You can request a Reserve on the item which is above the MB but not revealed until the Reserve is met and then it will sell , but still possibly less then the estimated value of the item.
So you can ask all you want and as long as you want as to what the album is worth and you’ll get good estimates of its value but it’s not what it’s worth , or could be worth , or should be worth . It’s worth only what it sells for whether here on Net 54 or in an AH .
Personally I would set a value you can live with and sell it here on NET 54 and avoid the AH fees and selling price uncertainty. If you are set on an AH then I’d look at REA , Heritage , Huggins and Scott , SCP , maybe Hunt and R&R .
But you have to be willing to sell the album and live with the decision to sell and whatever you sell it for .
Excellent advice, Kevin!
Old 01-09-2022, 06:50 PM
Tim

Default Keep it intact

If this were sold here on Net54 I think it would garner a great deal of interest. I for one would be interested in purchasing it and keeping it intact. Even without the personal connection the value to me is in the intact autograph book.