NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 09-10-2021, 03:10 PM
Ben North

Default Fish and Animal cards

While at the state fair last weekend I noticed Game Fish and Parks had some cards in packs of 5 laying out for free.

I grabbed a few and texted the wife to grab me some before she left. I ended up with most of the 25 card fish set and about half of the 32 card animal set.

My wife was going back to the fair the next day so I asked her to grab me some more packs. I gave her my list, yes she is awesome. Any way later she handed me a pile of cards and said I now have all the fish and most of the animals. She said she had all 4 game wardens opening packs looking for the cards I needed.

Hopefully next year I can finish the animal set. I also got this awesome t-shirt free from GF&Ps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fish.jpg (68.5 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg animal.jpg (71.3 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg shirt.jpg (68.7 KB, 128 views)
Old 09-10-2021, 04:29 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default wow

Man you pulled a White Crappie Rookie! Getting it slabbed or leaving it raw? In all seriousness getting excited over this shows you are a true collector at heart! Rocky
Old 09-10-2021, 04:34 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default addendum

A wife or girlfriend like that is AWESOME !
Old 09-11-2021, 09:24 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I like the design on the fish series. I wish non-sports cards like this were more widespread still, there’s been some great general issue wildlife series. T29 is a personal favorite.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:35 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDocter View Post
Man you pulled a White Crappie Rookie! Getting it slabbed or leaving it raw? In all seriousness getting excited over this shows you are a true collector at heart! Rocky
I know, I bet that rookie Crappie is worth many many dull pennies.

I have several extra of these cards. If anyone would like some for their selves or kids PM me and I would happily send you several of them.

They are printed on a real printing press but are definitely hand cut as they vary in size.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:36 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)
Default Series 3 Set

American Game Birds Cards from 1981 My Mom got these when she worked at Veterinary Hospital
Attached Images
File Type: jpg birds 001.jpg (76.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg birds 002.jpg (79.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg birds 003.jpg (74.8 KB, 75 views)
Old 09-13-2021, 11:04 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default game birds

Kind of reminds me of the old Arm and Hammer cards from long ago.....
Old 09-14-2021, 12:35 PM

Red Rose Tea.
Anyone else into those at all, or are they just universally held in contempt?
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/baseballgames/

Successful transactions with: bocabirdman, GrayGhost, jimivintage,
Oneofthree67, orioles93, quinnsryche, thecatspajamas, ValKehl
Old 09-14-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch7999 View Post
Red Rose Tea.
Anyone else into those at all, or are they just universally held in contempt?
I live in Canada and in the past year I have become some what addicted to these(Canadian version only). I did not realize when I started that there were so many variations. So somewhat of a completest type collector when it comes to sets. So series 1 has three variation, series 2 has three variations,series 6 has two, series 10 has two and series 15 has two.I am down to 4 cards for one of the series 2 variations and they will all be completed. That includes set of 1990 Lipton that was a reissue if the Red Rose series 15.Than there was the 1991 Lipton Dinosaur set that never got released. It was a reissue of the series 5 Red Rose Dinosaur set. But a few complete set of the Lipton Dinosaurs set made it out into the collector world from the workers that worked at Lipton.I was able to locate a set of this as well.And through all this I have accumulated well over 5,000 singles. This does not even account for all the complete sets I have stuck in albums(likely 3-5 of every series). plus at least 5-7 sets of every series loss. and at least 75 unused albums.So yes at least one person has got involved with the Red Rose. Not sure it was the right move. But it was pandemic time and I needed something to occupy my mind and my collecting itch.It has been fun.Just need someone to supply those last 4 cards I need.Then maybe my Red Rose addiction will come to an end.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:39 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I live in Canada and in the past year I have become some what addicted to these(Canadian version only). I did not realize when I started that there were so many variations. So somewhat of a completest type collector when it comes to sets. So series 1 has three variation, series 2 has three variations,series 6 has two, series 10 has two and series 15 has two.I am down to 4 cards for one of the series 2 variations and they will all be completed. That includes set of 1990 Lipton that was a reissue if the Red Rose series 15.Than there was the 1991 Lipton Dinosaur set that never got released. It was a reissue of the series 5 Red Rose Dinosaur set. But a few complete set of the Lipton Dinosaurs set made it out into the collector world from the workers that worked at Lipton.I was able to locate a set of this as well.And through all this I have accumulated well over 5,000 singles. This does not even account for all the complete sets I have stuck in albums(likely 3-5 of every series). plus at least 5-7 sets of every series loss. and at least 75 unused albums.So yes at least one person has got involved with the Red Rose. Not sure it was the right move. But it was pandemic time and I needed something to occupy my mind and my collecting itch.It has been fun.Just need someone to supply those last 4 cards I need.Then maybe my Red Rose addiction will come to an end.
Another guy with an affinity for Red Rose / Brooke Bond cards. PM sent.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:06 PM
Lüc@s Dëwėãšę

Here's my 1910 snake hawk

My Baseball Snapshot Photo collection- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/snapshotcollection

Original Type 1/Press photos etc for sale- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/photosforsale