NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Default Mark Macrae please email me thanks

Posted By: dan mckee

r337man@yahoo.com

Old 04-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

You can get his e-mail address from me, if you haven't already. He DOES support himself and his family entirely with mail order business and shows.

Old 04-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Julie, it really isn't a good idea give out other people's email address on a public forum.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike P.

Another email address to add to my email spammer sell list!
JUST KIDDING!!!

Old 04-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

your name in blue or purple--with your OWN e-mail address. Anyway, you can get it from me if you haven't gotten it already.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Julie

Part of not listing one's email address in an open forum is to stop the crawling automated bots (if that's the correct term) from "harvesting" email addresses for spam purposes. Such software will search the internet for text strings that are email addresses; ie with the "@" sign in them. My understanding that if it's listed in the Blue text it is protected from the spam harversters.

Max

Old 04-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Administrator

I guess it's not just about the spammers, I think it has to do with divulging anothers information. When we post our OWN it's just that, our OWN, thus we have approved it being in a public forum. IMHO I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Many people are like myself, I have more than one email address. I have a primary address that only goes out to family and close friends. My other addresses are for public and bot consumption. I would be very upset if anyone listed my primary address publicly. I've done a good job of limiting who gets this address and in 3 years have never gotten a single piece of spam and I want to keep it that way.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

give up jay's unspammed address.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Administrator

posts of mine from Net54--including one with my phone number!

Anyway, SORRY.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

It's dunderhead@aol.com.

Thanks Mike Wentz for a fitting name for Jay.

Lee

Old 04-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Lloyd

would agree should not give an email or other data out but in this SPECIFIC case Mark has had his Phone number and other info in OLD CardBoard and his sends out MANY lists of cards to sell with his phone number...so, for this SPECIFIC case his INFO is out there in the world ...
my 2 cents..

Old 04-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Dealers want their contact info out in the public as much as possible. It means more sales. Private individuals and private info should not be put on the board, of course.....regards

Old 04-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Administrator

The reason I brought it up is becuase I know Mark has 2 different email addresses and I don't know which one is his public address and which one is his private address. Yes, he wants is contact info out there, but I don't think he would want his private email out there, just as I or anyone else wouldn't want their private email out there.

Jay

Old 04-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Not to worry Jay , Julie and others....This email address gets quite a bit of spam already. Besides I got a real nice email from a Nigerian businessman...He's sending me $10,000 today.All I have to do is give him my social security number......Dan & I have already made contact...

Old 04-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

I am currently representing a guy who responded to one of these emails and received a money order from Africa for $25,000 and deposited it and turned around and bought 2 money orders for $12,500 each and sent them out to the designated payees. The original money order proved to be a counterfeit and he is stuck. He said he was just trying to help out a seeemingly distraught and pleading victim of repression in an African country. It is amazing what these slimeballs will do to try and con people by the internet.

Old 04-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Administrator

I agree that those types are scum and I mean no offense to your client but it is amazing that there are people out there that fall for it! Hopefully things will turn out well for him.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Administrator

of 26 MILLION dollars two days ago! And not a week ago, I got an innocuous ad for downloading movies from the internet for a modest fee; if you just click HERE, you can find out all about it--clicking HERE produced dozens of small, really hardcore sex pictures, with promises of hundreds more if I just click HERE again...

But if you accept a spam-weeder-outer, it will, I'm told, weed out everything--like an offer to sell you your favoirte card cheap...

Can't win!

Old 04-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

You are right. I used to use one of those spam killers. It weeded out many good deals for me so I eventually just said the heck with it. Now I highlight down my crappy emails and delete them all at once. I get about 50-80 a day at home. I usually open and read approx. 3 of them. regards

Old 04-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Marquette

For those of us with AOL we must continually check our spam folder because harmless and innocuous emails tend to find their way in to it, like emails from sellers in successful auctions, etc.

Old 04-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Administrator

My priate address gets about 20 emails a day. My yahoo address gets about 500 emails a day. 400 plus of which are spam.

Jay