NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-12-2020, 01:11 PM

Default New member is looking for press pin pals and info

Hi all,
My first post here (hope it's in the right place) to say hello to everyone and see how many folks out there follow and/or collect sports press pins. Steve Kennedy aka Mr. 1939 Baseball, encouraged me to join and post as he says there are many friendly insightful folks here willing to share and exchange knowledge about the things we love to collect. One of mine is sports-related press pins. If you are a fan or collector of them, you must know by now that there is a relative dearth of information out there about them and what there is can sometimes be contradictory, confusing, incomplete, or all of the above. I'm looking to network with people who can help put the pieces of the puzzle together and have some fun along the way. The bulk of my collection is baseball (World Series, All Star, HOF, special event, etc.) going back to the '30's, but I also have Super Bowl, Final Four and a smattering of others. I do have an article from a 1988 SCD by Jim Johnston that does go through the (baseball) press pins year by year with pictures (fronts only, no backs) that is quite informative but is the only real guide I've ever seen. I'm happy to share it here and someone currently has it for sale for $10 on ebay. So that's my story, I'm hoping to hear from some of you and we can figure this out together. Take care and be well!
Old 06-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Justin

Welcome.

Other than vintage cards I mostly collect World Series Press Pins, focusing mostly on 20s through 50s but have some earlier and later ones as well.

I haven't seen the guide you mentioned but would love to see it.

Justin

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your quest.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:36 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Welcome; you should repost this on the Memorabilia subforum to get more responses. There are a lot of pin collectors there, so use the search engine to find some. You may have to use Google to search for "site:net54baseball.com press pin" in order to find them since the search engine on this site ignores three letter words.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:42 AM
Dale Walton
Dale Wal.ton

I, too, am a vintage card collector and have been for many years. Press pins have always piqued my interest and I have thought about collecting some subset of pins. I am interested in learning more and have a lot of questions. I will check out the other section of Net54. In the meantime, I am interested in having some dialogue about pins and learning from someone who has expertise in this area.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:36 AM

Hi Justin,
It's a great resource, you'll enjoy it. It is many pages that I will scan and figure out where and how to best post it here. Pictures aren't the best but it will help immensely. Take care and I'll let you know when it's there.

Tags
baseball pin, football pin, press pin