NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 09-29-2015, 04:36 PM

Default Curly Lambeau Autograph Help. Huggins and Scott?

What do you guys make of this? Says it was offered in Huggins and Scott (maybe they can chime in) but can't find this sale on the site. Does it look right or should I be suspicious, which I think I am by bringing attention to it here. Thank you in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 468093.jpg (40.7 KB, 383 views)
Old 09-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Charlie

That doesn't look like Curley's signature. At least none that I have seen. Way to neat & clean.
I think it's cut from a program.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Please use common sense.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:01 PM
Jordan Gluck

That looks like a beautifully neat signature

I wonder how long the forger practiced for
Old 09-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamgluck View Post
That looks like a beautifully neat signature

I wonder how long the forger practiced for
That would depend on how much the forger is asking for it.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-30-2015, 04:11 PM
Richard Simon

OP - Where is this being offered and for how much?
Is it actually a GPC as the COA states?
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 10-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Charlie

Richard,

It is a GPC- Great Piece of Crap.

Charlie.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:14 PM

Is that really an autograph that was offered by Huggins and Scott or is someone using a copy of a cert with a different autograph to try and legitimize the fake?
Old 10-02-2015, 06:44 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
Is that really an autograph that was offered by Huggins and Scott or is someone using a copy of a cert with a different autograph to try and legitimize the fake?
Not accusing anyone but I think some or many of us have long felt that questionable autographs show up here as sort of a test to see if they can get something into the market.
--
Old 10-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Charlie

Yeah, but when a relative novice like myself sees it's a fake in 2 seconds then that's a pretty damn bad fake!
Old 10-03-2015, 12:34 PM

Default Oops...

Actually, forget about it. I need a Lambeau for a friend and unknowingly someone sent me the scan. I trust Huggins and Scott (wish the would have come on here) but the item was actually in the last Coach's Corner Sports Auction which ended on Friday, so I think we all know the answer here. Faking certs seems to be their new marketing plan.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=468093
Old 10-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCBaseballCollector View Post
Actually, forget about it. I need a Lambeau for a friend and unknowingly someone sent me the scan. I trust Huggins and Scott (wish the would have come on here) but the item was actually in the last Coach's Corner Sports Auction which ended on Friday, so I think we all know the answer here. Faking certs seems to be their new marketing plan.

It is a rare unused GPC in this CC auction for the Lambeau,,, always a sure sign of "authenticity".
Ron Dross used to forge those unused GPC's. (the grandfather of sports forgeries, he was infamous for the 1000's of B&W HOF plak forgeries).
He is dead now. But his copycats are everywhere.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-03-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:

I am confused by what you are asking. You say you wish Huggins and Scott would have come on here? It is a blatant forgery with a blatant forged letter. It looks like it was signed yesterday. They are on "here" and not sure what else they would say. You say you need it for a friend. Must be a hell of a friend as legit Lambeau signed items sell themselves.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
I am confused by what you are asking. You say you wish Huggins and Scott would have come on here? It is a blatant forgery with a blatant forged letter. It looks like it was signed yesterday. They are on "here" and not sure what else they would say. You say you need it for a friend. Must be a hell of a friend as legit Lambeau signed items sell themselves.
+1
This whole thing sounds weird.
--
Old 10-03-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
What do you guys make of this? Says it was offered in Huggins and Scott (maybe they can chime in) but can't find this sale on the site. Does it look right or should I be suspicious, which I think I am by bringing attention to it here. Thank you in advance.
this is not from our auction. I have not idea what it is, but we have lot numbers on our auction LOA's, and we've never had a lot number "10098"
Not sure what the scam is, but it didn't originate from our auction.
Sorry.
Josh
Vice President
huggins and scott auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com
Old 10-04-2015, 07:27 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugginsandscott View Post
this is not from our auction. I have not idea what it is, but we have lot numbers on our auction LOA's, and we've never had a lot number "10098"
Not sure what the scam is, but it didn't originate from our auction.
Sorry.
Josh
Vice President
huggins and scott auctions
www.hugginsandscott.com
Just as we figured. Josh, don't know if you want to step in the quicksand, but I'd be very interested to hear the details of a phone call to CC from you, letting them know about this particular fraudulent item.

Ken
Old 10-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Richard Simon

Ken,
The only one claiming this came from Huggins & Scott is the OP. I don't see anything on the CC sight about H&S.
Like I said earlier this whole thing is weird (it does not pass my smell test).
--
Old 10-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Ken,
The only one claiming this came from Huggins & Scott is the OP. I don't see anything on the CC sight about H&S.
Like I said earlier this whole thing is weird (it does not pass my smell test).
When I click on the link to the CC auction, it shows the same LOA with "Huggins and..." Seems to me CC is included the forged Huggins and Scott/JSA cert.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Richard Simon

Ken,
An oversight on my part, sorry about that. I was looking at the CC description and then the text at the bottom of the COA, not the text above that cert. number. Obviously a fake COA.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-04-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:39 PM

Yes, I wasn't mistaken Richard who I have purchased from (a long time ago, not much of a collector anymore) and consider one of the better dealers out there. I still have a Dizzy Dean on the wall I matted and framed up, my favorite player. The fact that "the Coach" can get away with this is mind blowing and not to mention criminal as whoever consigned this, somewhere there was an attempted to deceive which is a crime. In the auction that just ended, three funnies to point out, the first two from the guy who dates his balls.

1) A Barry Halper "authenticated" Barack Obama signed softball. First off, does that look like a softball to any of you? Second of all, Halper died on December 18, 2005. Barack Obama assumed office on January 20, 2009. Most of these letters are from the mid to late 1980's (when I guess Barry Halper was a dealer, who knew) and there is no mention of the date from this letter.

2) How pleased do you think this consignor is with this Anson price? It's a beauty at 100 years old. They had a 102 more items that came from the Ed Doherty Jr. Collection; a baseball executive who died in 1971.

3) Seriously? This lot of index cards sold for $17. Doesn't all the handwriting kind of look familiar?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ObamaBallwHalperLOA.jpg (67.3 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg AnsonBallSoldForLot.jpg (57.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Indexcards.jpg (23.6 KB, 91 views)
Old 11-13-2015, 11:39 AM

Just a mind blowing update as I still search for a Lambeau. Well get this, last month, Coach's Corner had another Lambeau, this time with a PSA/DNA certificate from American Memorabilia and looks like the same hand, doesn't it? And then this month, another. How is any of this legal? Shaking my head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CurlyLambeauPSAREAD.jpg (50.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 474707.jpg (62.8 KB, 80 views)
Old 11-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Jordan Gluck

I expect some people from that scam will see jail time at some point