NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Shale Levine

Default jackie robinson autograph

Is this a good one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jr.JPG (52.1 KB, 319 views)
Old 12-18-2012, 03:24 PM

Default JimStinson

Yup
Old 12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Shale Levine

Default I just bought a Jackie Robinso, concensus on it being real please

I bought this yesterday on ebay and I have had one person say it's real but it is offered by Herman Darvik who in the past was accused of forgery. He sell a lot on ebay now with no complaints.
Anyway, please a little help before I submit it to PSA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jr.jpg (59.9 KB, 186 views)
Old 12-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman55 View Post
I bought this yesterday on ebay and I have had one person say it's real but it is offered by Herman Darvik who
Didn't Jim state previously it was good? Can't get much more reassurance than that.

I'm curious why you would crop the inscription the first time around. Isn't that a key part of the equation?

I don't know Herman Darvick and never had any personal contact with him. But it's really not cool repeating in writing junk you've read from smear web sites.

Last edited by Mr. Zipper; 12-20-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Shale Levine

I didn't think about cropping it the first time as I wanted opinions.

I am sorry you take offense to my quoting a small portion of what I read on google. I did say as you saw in my response "He has no complaints on ebay". I will be more careful in the future about saying positive's about people rather than negatives I have read or heard.

I love this site though I see a lot of people calling others out for what they perceive as wrong when most of us are just learning or making an unintentional error in judgement.
I feel it would be better instead of calling people out in a post to send a kinder more personal not to the person letting them know your thoughts rather than doing it on a site.

As a collector of baseball memorabilia now for over 40 years I want to thank all for their constant help and I wish all a very Happy Holiday and a Great New Years.

P.S. thanks Mr. Zipper and I posted again because Jim said to ask for more opinions.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:09 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Toyman,

I am the high bidder on a few of the Harvick items for sale at the moment...I was worried after I read a great deal of info (that I was unaware of) in regards to Harvick, but the autographs all look good.

What I do know is that Harvick was a past authenticator for PSA...He is also the name on the authentication letter for the terrible Shoeless Joe Jackson signed book that appeared on "PawnStars"

So I understand the worry or hesitation with purchasing from him....I too share the same worry...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 12-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Toyman,

I am the high bidder on a few of the Harvick items for sale at the moment...I was worried after I read a great deal of info (that I was unaware of) in regards to Harvick, but the autographs all look good.

What I do know is that Harvick was a past authenticator for PSA...He is also the name on the authentication letter for the terrible Shoeless Joe Jackson signed book that appeared on "PawnStars"

So I understand the worry or hesitation with purchasing from him....I too share the same worry...
My impression is that he is human and makes mistakes. I don't attribute any mistakes that he has made to being intentional or fraudulent, unlike *some* in his field. But like many others, he has difficulty admitting his fallibility.
Ego has made me an idiot occasionally.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 PM

Default JimStinson

Bingo ! after seeing the inscription I am even more confident it is good....Lets move on
Happy Holidays
p.s. Next time post the whole thing and we will be better able to assist. There are some pretty darn intelligent people on this board
Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Banned

here is darvicks book with an example of a babe ruth autograph on the cover that only matches the three babe ruths that barry halper had in his possession. two on the babe ruth hair envelope and letter, and one on the 500 homerun signature page that almost everyone in the hobby dismisses as NOT a babe ruth autograph. Including the irascible Mr. zipper, who calls this style of babe ruth signature the product of a possible super scammer, that being halper. Even Christresh calls that ruth an awful babe ruth. why is it on the cover of Darvick's book?

http://zipper68.blogspot.com/2011/04...with-fake.html

why is darvick calling this a babe ruth? i never saw another one other than the 3 halper babe ruths, but this is a distinct, 4th autograph of that same kind.

where did darvick get this image of ruth? did he know halper? Halper was a bidder in auctions. I would like to know the connection between halper, darvick and these babe ruth autographs that no one else seems to have in their collections. i asked darvick and he had the courtesy to offer no response.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruthdarvick.jpg (74.6 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg ruthdarvick2.jpg (40.6 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg ruth-halper-001.jpg (75.1 KB, 144 views)

Last edited by travrosty; 12-20-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Banned

Last edited by travrosty; 12-20-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: double post