NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Default Ted Williams Signed Postcard

Posted By: Ryan

It look like there is a printed auto then a real Ted Williams auto on this postcard. Have any of you ever seen one of these before? I'm thinking about sending this to BGS to be graded and auto to be verfied? Good idea?

How much do you think i could fetch on ebay if this was inpsected my beckett?

Thanks again for the help guys!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Administrator

[linked image]

Old 02-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Any advice?

Old 02-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Lundrigan

What you have is an Exhibit Card printed anywhere from 1947-1966.Even though it is Ted Williams it is a fairly common card.The Exhibit Supply Co. would replace a few players or poses each year and add some new,but many cards were just continued each year.My guess your card would be worth about 10 bucks give or take just for the card.I don`t know what the autograph would be worth if its genuine.I have a signed baseball from the mid-80`s with Ted,Bobby Doerr and Johnny Pesky on it and I don`t even know what that is worth.

Also if the back is of a white or grey color these are considered reprints.This card is known to have been reprinted.A cream or tan color would indicate it is the real thing.If it is reprinted I wouldn`t worry to much about it since the value would be in the signature.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan McCarthy

If you could provide a larger picture or scan of the card it would certainly help in determining the authenticity of the signature. Provided the signature is real I'd guess $80 to $120, maybe a speck more on a good day. I have two Williams autographs, one authenticated by JSA and one by PSA, and I paid $90 for one and about $125 for the other (granted, they are not on exhibits but I don't think there is much value in the card anyways unless it's in wonderful condition).

Dan

Old 02-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Photobucket

Old 02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Sorry guys. Can i get a little input on this?

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Lundrigan

What more do you need to know?

Old 02-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Wanted to know if you thought the signature was authnetic. And how much the peice would go for on ebay?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan McCarthy

Honestly, the T and the W look a bit off to me, though I'm no authenticator. I would probably hold off on bidding if I were a prospective buyer, though. Here are examples of his signature from his playing days and once he was retired, one authenticated by PSA and one by JSA. They aren't as slanted and there is a more defined loop behind the W. Maybe somebody else could chime in though, because I don't really know what I'm talking about.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Old 02-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: William

I can tell you as a small time buyer on ebay that if were to bid, I would bid low on that postcard. Clubhouse or secretarial signatures exist on a lot of his vintage material and there is obviously a ton of forged TW stuff from the 80's onward. Without a recognized second opinion, don't expect much of a return. PSA or JSA, take your pick. Either one should pay for itself.

Ted was pretty particular in his penmanship. Beyond the exaggerated slant that was mentioned, I don't like that the "d" isn't closed and that his last name has an extra letter. It looks like he signed Williamns. Some of his letter forms changed over time but he was consistent in that he always spelled his name correctly and completely. I may be wrong, but that's why I would hold back a decent bid if I were looking for something like that.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred Y

I agree w/ William. Comparing it to an in-person one I have there is something about the middle-to-end of last name that looks suspect to me.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Great. Thanks for the help guys! Really appreciate it.