NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-13-2017, 07:06 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default T-206 Enthusiasts, do these exist...

Over the last 6 years I have been putting together the Piedmont Factory 42 subset. I have done a lot of research on auction houses, net54 posts and generic google searches to guestimate population of these cards. As most of us do, I use T-206 resource as a guide and not the gospel in what has been confirmed. I would like to challenge the T-206 folks out there to find a scan or auction listing of the following cards ALL of course showing a Factory 42 back:

Bergen Catching
Chance Batting
Murray Portrait
Overall Hands at Waist

These are all listed as confirmed by T-206 resource. I am not as generous as Ted Z but will offer a bounty for these scans.

Thanks !!
Old 07-14-2017, 07:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradedcardman View Post
Over the last 6 years I have been putting together the Piedmont Factory 42 subset. I have done a lot of research on auction houses, net54 posts and generic google searches to guestimate population of these cards. As most of us do, I use T-206 resource as a guide and not the gospel in what has been confirmed. I would like to challenge the T-206 folks out there to find a scan or auction listing of the following cards ALL of course showing a Factory 42 back:

Bergen Catching
Chance Batting
Murray Portrait
Overall Hands at Waist

These are all listed as confirmed by T-206 resource. I am not as generous as Ted Z but will offer a bounty for these scans.

Thanks !!
If they are confirmed then the guys doing the site must have had reliable information when cataloging and listing?

Old 07-14-2017, 01:31 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default hmmm...

If that's the case then scans and or a documented sale should be easy to disclose. Just as should the Ames AB 460 Ted has put a bounty on should be easy as well.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Jamie

Adam you have a great subset collection there!! quick question.. would this count as 1 factory 42.. or 2? lol

Old 07-14-2017, 02:10 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Gotta be....

Gotta be the Griffith... I would say a one and a clear half !!
Old 07-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradedcardman View Post
If that's the case then scans and or a documented sale should be easy to disclose. Just as should the Ames AB 460 Ted has put a bounty on should be easy as well.

Adam

The 4 cards of question......

Bergen (catching)
Chance (batting)
Murray (portrait)
Overall (hands at waist)

....are claimed to be confirmed by several sources on this forum; however, both you and David Hall do not have them.
Nor have either of you seen these cards.

Furthermore, Scot Reader's survey of 100,0000+ T206 cards cannot verify these 4 subjects with PIEDMONT 460, Factory #42 backs.

These T206's are not that rare that we would not have seen them in the past 12 years that we have been conducting T206 surveys on Net54.

And, DITTO goes for the Ames (hands over head) which I have questioned that t206resource claims is confirmed with AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and UZIT.

TED Z
Old 07-14-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Furthermore, Scot Reader's survey of 100,0000+ T206 cards cannot verify these 4 subjects with PIEDMONT 460, Factory #42 backs.
TED Z
I can confirm that these f/b combos did not appear in my 100K+ card survey. Impossible to prove a negative but I would be surprised if any exist. I would like to get Tim and/or Jim's side of the story since they once purported to require scan confirmation for every listing on T206 Resource. (Jim once took me to task for a false positive on a SC 150/649 Overstrike so glass houses and all that).

Scot
Old 07-15-2017, 06:35 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Thanks

Thanks Ted and Scot for posting. We all know that being 100% accurate is almost impossible. That is my gut instinct with regards to the AB Ames and these 42's. Hopefully the Resource guys will get back to us when they can. I do enjoy that site as well as yours Scot and Luke's of course.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Mark Peavey

Default Murray

I had Murray portrait with this back several years ago, so I know that it definitely does exist. Unfortunately, I did not keep a scan. At least one is out there somewhere.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Scan

Would be great to see the scan. I know I have had others mistake the Murray for the Seymour portrait.

Thanks and keep hunting !!
Old 07-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default National

I will be at the National and will be looking forward to seeing scans or one of these cards in person. If you don't know me just post and we can meet at Ted's booth or Starbucks !!
Old 07-22-2017, 02:42 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hi Adam

Looking forward to seeing you at the National......and, Talking T206's.

Perhaps, we'll arrive at some conclusions regarding these mysterious T206's.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 07-22-2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Correct typo.