NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 02-22-2023, 04:14 PM
ALR-bishop ALR-bishop is offline
Al Richter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 8,812
Default

We only arrange for cold snowy weather when you visit
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 02-23-2023, 06:01 PM
rgpete's Avatar
rgpete rgpete is offline
Ronald Glenn
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)
Posts: 1,426
Default

Nothing new here, near 80 at Lake Norman NC today and mid 50's for Saturday with rain
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 02-23-2023, 06:20 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

We had a nice blizzard yesterday with around a foot and half of snow. It is negative 8 out now and supposed to cool off nicely overnight to a balmy negative 18 by tomorrow morning.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 02-24-2023, 06:34 AM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is offline
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
It was "talked about". That's the goal post now?

Please name one topic that hasn't been "talked about".

One guy, on one committee somewhere, talked about regulating safety features on certain appliances and somehow it becomes a rallying cry of outrage for triggered, pearl-clutching snowflakes everywhere.

See what I did there?

Granted, I think the "outrage" was mostly faux outrage for specifically performative and political purposes. Sadly, it's done it's job, and now I have to read from people who are somehow legitimately outraged, and declaring as a statement of fact that the government is gearing up to come for their stoves.

FYI, the supposed left leaning "Bloomberg", invests heavily in Natural Gas Futures...so it's no surprise they blew that whole "stove ban" bullshit out of proportion back in early January, which has since been given much more context.
More than 50 California cities and counties have banned natural gas hook ups in new buildings. So you can have all the gas stoves you want, just no gas.
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
Bender White Cap back run 9/14
Original circulation E98 Master set 120/120

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02-24-2023, 06:55 AM
Republicaninmass Republicaninmass is offline
T3d $h3rm@n
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
More than 50 California cities and counties have banned natural gas hook ups in new buildings. So you can have all the gas stoves you want, just no gas.

Moratorium on new and existing connections for NG here in NY as well. Likley fue to demand...TOO MUCH! They cant run the pipeline from Marcallus to provide
__________________
"Trolling Ebay right now"

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 02-24-2023, 08:27 AM
frankbmd's Avatar
frankbmd frankbmd is offline
Fr@nk Burke++
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Between the 1st tee and the 19th hole
Posts: 7,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
What is a blizzard in LA Anthony, a very hard cold rain ?
Al,

The blizzard in LA has been brutal, but the good news is that our unhoused residents are building igloos.
__________________
FRANK:BUR:KETT - RAUCOUS SPORTS CARD FORUM MEMBER AND MONSTER NUMBER FATHER.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES


274/1000 Monster Number


Over*900* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-21.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.



Now nearly PQ.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 02-24-2023, 08:46 AM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 5,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
More than 50 California cities and counties have banned natural gas hook ups in new buildings. So you can have all the gas stoves you want, just no gas.

That's moving the goal posts again. Lack of access to infrastructure wasn't the question up for grabs here. Most people in this country don't have access to direct natural gas hook-ups. I have two hundred gallon/lb propane tanks on my property.

Frankly I'm surprised that full neighborhood gas infrastructure is even allowed in earthquake prone areas. In a previous house we had a drunk driver run over our lawn in a giant pick-up truck during extremely wet conditions the day before we left for a vacation. We got a call a few days later from our dog sitter that a gas leak was noticed by a pedestrian walking by our house emanating from that exact same spot, and our front lawn was being dug up by a road crew to patch up the gas line going to our house.

Thank goodness somebody noticed before something much worse happened.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 02-24-2023, 09:02 AM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is offline
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Moratorium on new and existing connections for NG here in NY as well. Likley fue to demand...TOO MUCH! They cant run the pipeline from Marcallus to provide
Here we have all the gas we need, the bureaucrats are banning gas cuz global warming.
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
Bender White Cap back run 9/14
Original circulation E98 Master set 120/120

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 02-24-2023, 09:31 AM
pawpawdiv9's Avatar
pawpawdiv9 pawpawdiv9 is offline
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 2,553
Default

80 degress here in GA.
Windows open and fans on and sleep with no blankets and bare underwear.
BUT it is know to snow the following month when this pattern happens.
__________________
LOOKING TO BUY:
1916-20 UNC Big Heads
Need List:
Bodie, Judge, Rice, Sisler
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 02-24-2023, 11:30 AM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 6,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
That's moving the goal posts again. Lack of access to infrastructure wasn't the question up for grabs here. Most people in this country don't have access to direct natural gas hook-ups. I have two hundred gallon/lb propane tanks on my property.
Then why would they need to "BAN" it if the infrastructure wasn't there?
People still haven't figured out this agenda is all about control. They'll control the amount of electricity you use. They'll control how much spending/purchases you can do through your carbon credit score. They'll control how often you can charge your EV based on that carbon score. It goes on and on and on. Your own govt, including mine, are trying desperately to implement this as we speak.
I've posted this before. Scroll to the footnotes. And some think the World Economic Forum (WEF) is a conspiracy theory. Again, anyone remember them, the WEF, being discussed anytime with any Liberal politicians at any time, let alone during their campaigns?
Footnotes
footnote[1] Back to paragraph^ This is a rough-order-of-magnitude estimate calculated from about 35 value drivers and hundreds of data points from various sources, including DIACC (Digital ID & Authentication Council of Canada), McKinsey Global Institute and World Economic Forum.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/digital-id-ontario

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...credit-system/
https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...-controversial
https://www.naturalgasintel.com/anot...nd-state-code/
https://www.spglobal.com/marketintel...grows-67732585
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/18/u...alifornia.html

Michael Shellenberger, once a climate change/global warming crusader who also had his eyes opened and figured out what the real agenda is behind this scam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hatkGFTPyUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-yALPEpV4w
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 02-24-2023, 12:44 PM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 5,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Then why would they need to "BAN" it if the infrastructure wasn't there?
People still haven't figured out this agenda is all about control. They'll control the amount of electricity you use. They'll control how much spending/purchases you can do through your carbon credit score. They'll control how often you can charge your EV based on that carbon score. It goes on and on and on. Your own govt, including mine, are trying desperately to implement this as we speak.
I've posted this before. Scroll to the footnotes. And some think the World Economic Forum (WEF) is a conspiracy theory. Again, anyone remember them, the WEF, being discussed anytime with any Liberal politicians at any time, let alone during their campaigns?
Footnotes
footnote[1] Back to paragraph^ This is a rough-order-of-magnitude estimate calculated from about 35 value drivers and hundreds of data points from various sources, including DIACC (Digital ID & Authentication Council of Canada), McKinsey Global Institute and World Economic Forum.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/digital-id-ontario

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...credit-system/
https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...-controversial
https://www.naturalgasintel.com/anot...nd-state-code/
https://www.spglobal.com/marketintel...grows-67732585
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/18/u...alifornia.html

Michael Shellenberger, once a climate change/global warming crusader who also had his eyes opened and figured out what the real agenda is behind this scam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hatkGFTPyUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-yALPEpV4w


I don't even know what I'm arguing anymore. Get a propane hook-up if you like gas that much and live in the .1 percent of the country that wants to "Ban" gas access in "new" buildings (though it seems like they will still approve them for backup generators, and for commercial purposes)...and also coincidentally, are mostly located in Earthquake zones.

Gas stoves are not being banned. Period.

Meanwhile, back to the non-political . In my neck of the woods, it's a somewhat chilly 29 degrees Fahrenheit, with 17 degree wind chill. It's sunny though, so the sliders are open and the greenhouse is heating up the house, without the propane heater actually having to kick on.

Weird New England weather for us, as it's been a mostly snow-less winter. All the big storms seem to just miss us, or we get rain, instead of snow and ice. We've gotten far more accumulated rain, then we have snow this winter, which is crazy weird. I'm sure we'll get hit by a whopper soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BackyardView23Feb24thIMG_2499.jpg (187.8 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg BackyardView23Feb24thIMG_2500.jpg (201.2 KB, 285 views)
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 02-24-2023, 12:51 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I don't even know what I'm arguing anymore. Get a propane hook-up if you like gas that much and live in the .1 percent of the country that wants to "Ban" gas access in "new" buildings (though it seems like they will still approve them for backup generators, and for commercial purposes)...and also coincidentally, are mostly located in Earthquake zones.

Gas stoves are not being banned. Period.

Meanwhile, back to the non-political . In my neck of the woods, it's a somewhat chilly 29 degrees Fahrenheit, with 17 degree wind chill. It's sunny though, so the sliders are open and the greenhouse is heating up the house, without the propane heater actually having to kick on.

Weird New England weather for us, as it's been a mostly snow-less winter. All the big storms seem to just miss us, or we get rain, instead of snow and ice. We've gotten far more accumulated rain, then we have snow this winter, which is crazy weird. I'm sure we'll get hit by a whopper soon.
The dogs laying in the sun taking a nap is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 5,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
The dogs laying in the sun taking a nap is awesome.

Haha, yeah, they love the sun, and it's the warmest place in the house...for at least the next couple hours or so.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 02-25-2023, 09:35 AM
mrreality68's Avatar
mrreality68 mrreality68 is offline
Jeffrey Kuhr
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I don't even know what I'm arguing anymore. Get a propane hook-up if you like gas that much and live in the .1 percent of the country that wants to "Ban" gas access in "new" buildings (though it seems like they will still approve them for backup generators, and for commercial purposes)...and also coincidentally, are mostly located in Earthquake zones.

Gas stoves are not being banned. Period.

Meanwhile, back to the non-political . In my neck of the woods, it's a somewhat chilly 29 degrees Fahrenheit, with 17 degree wind chill. It's sunny though, so the sliders are open and the greenhouse is heating up the house, without the propane heater actually having to kick on.

Weird New England weather for us, as it's been a mostly snow-less winter. All the big storms seem to just miss us, or we get rain, instead of snow and ice. We've gotten far more accumulated rain, then we have snow this winter, which is crazy weird. I'm sure we'll get hit by a whopper soon.
Nice photos
I am just south of you in Long Island, NY definitely weird winter and things keep missing us. This morning it is actually very very light flurries but expected to last only a few hours and no accumulation.
Weirdest part as been the Temps to me. One day high in upper 50s then next below 20 but then the following days all in 40s or above and then the following week it seems to do it again.
Makes it nice to get out some weekends to hike and stuff we like to do outdoors in comfortable weather
__________________
Thanks all

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 02-25-2023, 10:56 AM
D. Bergin's Avatar
D. Bergin D. Bergin is offline
Dave
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 5,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Nice photos
I am just south of you in Long Island, NY definitely weird winter and things keep missing us. This morning it is actually very very light flurries but expected to last only a few hours and no accumulation.
Weirdest part as been the Temps to me. One day high in upper 50s then next below 20 but then the following days all in 40s or above and then the following week it seems to do it again.
Makes it nice to get out some weekends to hike and stuff we like to do outdoors in comfortable weather
Thanks. I gotta thank Long Island for blocking most of the worst weather and hurricanes that come up the coast towards us. Usually slams into Long Island, and then bounces off to the East towards Rhode Island, Cape Cod, etc...

The ones that force their way directly over Long Island, end up being weakened just before they get to us at the southern edge of the Northwest Hills in CT.

Temps have always been wildly fluctuating in this part of New England, but yeah, this year is very weird. Couple weeks ago we had almost -10 one day, and mid to upper 40's the next...and when the "bomb cyclone" hit a little while back, we went from 40's -50's and almost tropical like rain, to a string of below zero Fahrenheit days, almost overnight.

You're right though. It does make for easier hiking with the dogs on the milder days.

Finally got some snow today to. It's on the colder side, so it's sticking to the roads for the first time in awhile to. Not quite a "whopper", but a little bit back to normal for what we're used to this time of year.

View below out the greenhouse, which is definitely running on the propane heater, with no sun out today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BackyardView23Feb24thIMG_2538.jpg (192.2 KB, 273 views)
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 02-25-2023, 05:52 PM
gonefishin gonefishin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 551
Default

I know you folks up in the NE are use to the cold, but here in San Diego county we are not.

It's cold (40s or so) and raining/raining/raining. We need it. I'm sure the Colorado River needs it more because that's where we steal all the water from.

Funny thing, turn on the news and the weather crisis for the last couple of days and it's all Southern California. Weather in the 40s here makes the national news. It's got to get -20 before the NE even gets a mention. Why is that?

Also, I'm all electric and will probably remain so until all the EV cars steal all the electricity. I don't have to argue over Natural Gas or Propane. Although I do use a Big Buddy propane heater in my deer stand - does that count?

I love the dog pictures! My 13 year old German Short Hair sleeps all day in her bed. She beginning to snore now that she is older. That's ok, I find it soothing.

Sorry to interrupt the argument about natural gas, I thought the word was flatulence, please continue as it provides relief from the weather!
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 02-26-2023, 07:23 AM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 6,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
I know you folks up in the NE are use to the cold, but here in San Diego county we are not.

It's cold (40s or so) and raining/raining/raining. We need it. I'm sure the Colorado River needs it more because that's where we steal all the water from.

Funny thing, turn on the news and the weather crisis for the last couple of days and it's all Southern California. Weather in the 40s here makes the national news. It's got to get -20 before the NE even gets a mention. Why is that?

Also, I'm all electric and will probably remain so until all the EV cars steal all the electricity. I don't have to argue over Natural Gas or Propane. Although I do use a Big Buddy propane heater in my deer stand - does that count?

I love the dog pictures! My 13 year old German Short Hair sleeps all day in her bed. She beginning to snore now that she is older. That's ok, I find it soothing.

Sorry to interrupt the argument about natural gas, I thought the word was flatulence, please continue as it provides relief from the weather!
Attached Images
File Type: png Grettaa.png (140.3 KB, 222 views)
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 02-26-2023, 05:21 PM
jiw98 jiw98 is offline
Jeff H
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Looking for par MI to FL
Posts: 424
Default

Mid to upper 80's today in Orlando. A bit warm for me. Good thing I have early tee times.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 03-03-2023, 01:44 PM
earlywynnfan's Avatar
earlywynnfan earlywynnfan is offline
Ke.n Su.lik
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,221
Default

Lots of rain in Cleveland. Through March 1, we've gotten less snow than anytime in the last 50 years. I'll take it.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 03-10-2023, 07:21 AM
mrreality68's Avatar
mrreality68 mrreality68 is offline
Jeffrey Kuhr
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Lots of rain in Cleveland. Through March 1, we've gotten less snow than anytime in the last 50 years. I'll take it.
+1 Agreed. In NY State (Long Island) we only got a coating just a week ago and all melted by the afternoon and nothing the rest of the winter. This weekend supposed to get rain/snow mix but nothing that will amount to anything
__________________
Thanks all

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 03-10-2023, 08:13 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

We got 5 inches of the fluffy white stuff yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 03-10-2023, 02:41 PM
GasHouseGang's Avatar
GasHouseGang GasHouseGang is offline
David M.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S. California
Posts: 2,797
Default

This is what it was really like in Southern California unless you were in the mountains.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I Survived The Blizzard.jpg (128.3 KB, 207 views)
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 03-10-2023, 03:50 PM
Hirbonzig Hirbonzig is offline
Michael Bales
member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 48
Default

Snowed 8 inches in SE Wisconsin last night, tomorrow I leave for Arizona for a week. Grumble grumble-the snow will still be waiting for me when I get back.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 03-11-2023, 09:57 AM
todeen's Avatar
todeen todeen is offline
Tim Odeen
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,661
Default

Taken from my kitchen window just now. 3-5 inches came on Friday to Spokane WA area.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
__________________
Barry Larkin, Joey Votto, Tris Speaker, 1930-45 Cincinnati Reds, T206 Cincinnati
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 03-13-2023, 04:21 AM
mrreality68's Avatar
mrreality68 mrreality68 is offline
Jeffrey Kuhr
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,190
Default

Now the countdown is on.
No snow most of the winter a week plus ago we got a dusting (That the roads were clear/melted same day)
and now a North Easter with alot of snow potential depending on the path it takes
Will NYC and Long Island Get any and how much
__________________
Thanks all

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 03-21-2023, 12:37 PM
gonefishin gonefishin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 551
Default

Who said "It never Rains in Sunny Southern California"? It has pouring for 24 hours and more to come.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 03-21-2023, 04:14 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

Been going back and forth between rain and huge snowflakes all day.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 03-28-2023, 08:04 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

We are having a long cold winter. It is supposed to be 7 tonight with a high of 28 tomorrow. Not sure what the normal low is but the radio said the normal high today is 50. The extended forecast doesn't look much better and way below normal.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 03-29-2023, 02:18 PM
jimmer77 jimmer77 is offline
Jimmy Motz
member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Baraboo Wisconsin
Posts: 135
Default

Hirbonzig - I see you are in Wisconsin, what area.
I also live in Wisconsin (Baraboo bur work in Madison) and this feels like the longest Winter that I can recall.
Madison area had close to a foot of snow this past weekend
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 03-31-2023, 06:51 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

About to get hit by a nice 10 hour blizzard. The forecast is blizzard conditions from 1pm to 11pm today. Luckily the snow totals are only supposed to be 4-6 inches. The 25 to 30mph winds with expected gusts up to 60 will make for a good day to watch the weather from the couch.
Reply With Quote
  #181  
Old 04-04-2023, 08:51 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

Getting another blizzard here today. They called off school for today last night. The high will get up to 32 today and 28 tomorrow. Supposedly by the end of the week the weather will turn from winter conditions to the normal low 50s for highs this time of year.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 04-04-2023, 10:08 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

On a funny weather note. My wife last night was worried that the blizzard today was going to dump 17 inches of snow. She said one of her friends sent her a link to either twitter or tik tok that showed a weather map with forecasted amounts.

I laughed and asked if she actually looked at a real forecast. She said no because many of her friends had commented on the post.

It is so beyond insane to me how people will actually blindly believe stuff posted on social media. Our real forecast is 5 to 7 inches but some person found an old forecast photo and posted it as new and many people blindly believed it.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 04-05-2023, 05:55 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

Today is supposed to be our last cold day of the year. YEA

The high today was 27 degrees and the expected low is 5 degrees. Our all time record low is 7 degrees so we have a very good chance of setting a record low tonight.

Our average high is 53.4 and average low is 29.8 for today.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 04-05-2023, 08:42 PM
Michael B Michael B is offline
Mh wߥ
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,778
Default

87 in the D.C. area today. Our second 80+ day this year. The first one was in February! In the 70's tomorrow so I can still wear a long sleeve shirt when I head into the Probate Clerk's office to get some files.
__________________
'Integrity is what you do when no one is looking'

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 04-11-2023, 06:38 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

It hit 90 here today and WOW is that hot. Less than a week ago it was in the 30s. We had over 5 weeks of below average temps every day up until a couple days ago.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 04-21-2023, 10:23 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

We have a blizzard going on at the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 04-21-2023, 11:32 AM
GasHouseGang's Avatar
GasHouseGang GasHouseGang is offline
David M.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S. California
Posts: 2,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
We have a blizzard going on at the moment.
Seriously? Wow, late in the season. I knew there were storms going through most of the Midwest, but mostly they were worried about tornadoes and hail.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 04-21-2023, 12:28 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
Seriously? Wow, late in the season. I knew there were storms going through most of the Midwest, but mostly they were worried about tornadoes and hail.
There is 25mph wind with gusts to 40. It has been snowing/sleating off and on all day.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 07-24-2023, 05:47 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 6,580
Default

Interesting.
I was told all this was a conspiracy theory, nothing more, and that "they" wouldn't be coming for our gas stoves.
Seems they have now expanded it from gas stoves to all appliances, but this isn't about control at all, it's about the climate crisis!!! You can bathe in the rivers and creeks or boil your water via a wood stove, or at least until they are banned too. But rest easy people, this isn't going to happen to at least 2029.

REPORTER: "We've seen [Biden] go after gas stoves, A/C units with regulation, refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers now water heaters. How many more home appliances will Americans eventually have to replace?"

KJP: "If it is enacted, it would not take into effect until 2029. So, let's not forget that."

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...B-5AcILGXST1WQ

Last edited by irv; 07-24-2023 at 05:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 07-24-2023, 05:58 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Interesting.
I was told all this was a conspiracy theory, nothing more, and that "they" wouldn't be coming for our gas stoves.
Seems they have now expanded it from gas stoves to all appliances, but this isn't about control at all, it's about the climate crisis!!! You can bathe in the rivers and creeks or boil your water via a wood stove, or at least until they are banned too. But rest easy people, this isn't going to happen to at least 2029.

REPORTER: "We've seen [Biden] go after gas stoves, A/C units with regulation, refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers now water heaters. How many more home appliances will Americans eventually have to replace?"

KJP: "If it is enacted, it would not take into effect until 2029. So, let's not forget that."

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...B-5AcILGXST1WQ
I can say as a 54 year old American I have NEVER had to replace any appliance because of ANY government law. No control here that I can find.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 07-25-2023, 07:15 AM
packs packs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,019
Default

We've taken lead out of paint and asbestos out of home insulation. We've eliminated CFCs from aerosol products. Were these also attacks?
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 07-25-2023, 08:48 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
We've taken lead out of paint and asbestos out of home insulation. We've eliminated CFCs from aerosol products. Were these also attacks?
Without question they were attacks on our freedom. Just do some research on any of the sources Dale provides. I guarantee you will find many saying how lead, asbestos, and CFCs are really good for you. The "man" is just trying to take everything good away from us and control our every move.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 07-25-2023, 09:42 AM
commishbob's Avatar
commishbob commishbob is offline
Bob Andrews
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston Tx Area
Posts: 1,336
Default

Yesterday here in Houston it was hot and humid.
Today in Houston it's hot and humid.
Tomorrow in Houston it'll be hot and humid.
A week from next Friday in Houston it'll be hot and humid.
Odds are that two months from now in Houston it'll be hot and humid.

I have no idea why my wife insists on watching the weathercasts on the local station.
__________________
People are crazy and times are strange, I used to care but things have changed -Dylan
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 07-26-2023, 11:18 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
Yesterday here in Houston it was hot and humid.
Today in Houston it's hot and humid.
Tomorrow in Houston it'll be hot and humid.
A week from next Friday in Houston it'll be hot and humid.
Odds are that two months from now in Houston it'll be hot and humid.

I have no idea why my wife insists on watching the weathercasts on the local station.
Fairly warm here today also at just past noon. 92 degrees with 52% humidity with a "feels like" 102 degree temp.

The high today is supposed to be 102 degrees and this time of year the hottest part of the day is usually around 5-6pm.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 07-26-2023, 12:52 PM
nolemmings's Avatar
nolemmings nolemmings is offline
Todd Schultz
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 3,585
Default

A little toasty here. This will be the 26th day in a row with temps 110 or higher, and counting.

The old record for such days was 17 straight-- now obliterated.

I do not believe the temp has been below 90 at any time on any day during this streak.

I believe only a couple of the days were at 110-- the rest higher. Last week we tied a record of 6 straight days at 115 or higher. I've lost track of the number of daily records we have broken during this spell.

I've lived here more than 40 years, and it has never been this bad. It saps everything.
__________________
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 07-27-2023, 09:56 AM
todeen's Avatar
todeen todeen is offline
Tim Odeen
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,661
Default

We are having a very pleasurable week in the 80s after being in the 90s last week (Spokane). Going back into the 90s this weekend. Summertime is wonderful in the PNW.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
__________________
Barry Larkin, Joey Votto, Tris Speaker, 1930-45 Cincinnati Reds, T206 Cincinnati
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 09-04-2023, 03:59 PM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,181
Default

Still hot here. The State Fair is happening(ending today) a few blocks from my house. Our average high is 80 degrees. The last 3 days have been triple digits with today and yesterday setting new record highs.

Kinda normal as Fair week is usually very hot or we get rain everyday with an occasional nice week mixed in.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driving a very long distance with vintage cards in hot weather cardsagain74 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 14 05-28-2021 07:02 PM
Show us Football cards of playing in snowy weather Chuck9788 Football Cards Forum 1 03-02-2021 02:18 PM
Weather Apps - Whether they matter frankbmd WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics 3 05-13-2019 12:37 PM
When Boredom Sets in Due to Weather rgpete Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 3 02-19-2015 08:35 AM
SGC office closed today due to weather- 1/21/2014 Leon Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 23 01-21-2014 08:54 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 AM.


ebay GSB