NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
The bulk seem to be in FL. because it seems to be originating here.

You got that right.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
You got that right.
Ditto.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:44 PM

Just an update for everyone, I went back to the auction house earlier today and I was, thankfully, able to get my money back. I had printed out several articles and pictures from online, including all of your responses in this thread, and the manager was very understanding and refunded 100% of my money, including the buyer's premium and tax.

They said they received a call from someone in Florida (big surprise, it sounds like...) asking if they could sell some autographs at the auction and they asked if they were real. The auction house was told the were and they all came with certificates of authenticity. But, because they are so busy, they didn't double check them all. And, based on their disappointment that they sold fake items and understanding of my situation, I do believe this was an honest mistake and a learning experience for us all.

So, thank you to everyone on here for all of your insight. Because of all your help, I was able to get my money back. And now I'll certainly be more aware of what to look for as I build my collection.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan12 View Post
Just an update for everyone, I went back to the auction house earlier today and I was, thankfully, able to get my money back. I had printed out several articles and pictures from online, including all of your responses in this thread, and the manager was very understanding and refunded 100% of my money, including the buyer's premium and tax.

They said they received a call from someone in Florida (big surprise, it sounds like...) asking if they could sell some autographs at the auction and they asked if they were real. The auction house was told the were and they all came with certificates of authenticity. But, because they are so busy, they didn't double check them all. And, based on their disappointment that they sold fake items and understanding of my situation, I do believe this was an honest mistake and a learning experience for us all.

So, thank you to everyone on here for all of your insight. Because of all your help, I was able to get my money back. And now I'll certainly be more aware of what to look for as I build my collection.
That's great news!!!! You're one of the few who has actually received a refund from this crap that originates from Florida. This crap has been infecting the hobby for a long time.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:21 AM
Richard Simon

Glad to hear it!
I am shocked, shocked to find out that these autographs came from Florida .
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-16-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:57 PM

After thinking about it for a bit, and being encouraged, I thought I'd let you all know where this whole thing originated from. The auction house from which I bought the pictures is Houston Brooks in Maine. I have been going to their auctions for a while and have never seen them do anything that made me wary about their operation, which is part of the reason why I didn't want to mention them. And I think they deserve a lot of credit for how they handled this situation. They also said they aren't going to get the money back from the supplier and were still willing to give me the full refund. So I hope you all can understand why I was a little hesitant to mention them. I just don't want them tarnished for something that, I truly believe, was an honest mistake. They also asked me to leave with them some information from this website and ebay's banned COA list that will give them a starting point for their research the next time something comes in. So, thanks again to you all for the help.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan12 View Post
After thinking about it for a bit, and being encouraged, I thought I'd let you all know where this whole thing originated from. The auction house from which I bought the pictures is Houston Brooks in Maine. I have been going to their auctions for a while and have never seen them do anything that made me wary about their operation, which is part of the reason why I didn't want to mention them. And I think they deserve a lot of credit for how they handled this situation. They also said they aren't going to get the money back from the supplier and were still willing to give me the full refund. So I hope you all can understand why I was a little hesitant to mention them. I just don't want them tarnished for something that, I truly believe, was an honest mistake. They also asked me to leave with them some information from this website and ebay's banned COA list that will give them a starting point for their research the next time something comes in. So, thanks again to you all for the help.
So this crap was sold to an auction house and not consigned?
If it was sold, then it was sold cheap, because the Florida crap sells very cheaply when sold for resale. Chris and I bought test items from what used to be the prime site for this junk and we paid very little, though they hose their buyers on shipping.
Our boy in FLA has produced and sold so much of this junk that he can sell cheaply and still turn a profit.
The crap is flooding the market now in small auctions all over the country.
I hope this thread is highly ranked on Amazon so that people can become aware of what is going on. (sorry brain lock when I wrote this, I meant highly ranked on Google, of course).
Mickey Mantle forgeries.
Ted Williams forgeries
Joe DiMaggio forgeries
Originating in Florida.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-21-2012 at 08:46 AM.