NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-31-2023, 08:20 PM

Default 1967 Dexter Press Posters

Some call them posters some call them collages (sp?) and others don't call them at all. We know there are several including the Yankees, Senators, Mets, Cubs etc but years ago there were rumors of one being distributed of the Angels.

As a long time collector I have never seen any proof that an Angels copy exists.
Can anybody shed any light on this subject and if so supply a copy?

Thanks a lot,

Sealmark
Mark K. Bowers
Old 05-31-2023, 09:00 PM
Chris Counts

Hi Mark,

I only know of the ones you mentioned, although I found a listing for an auction where "six different" were sold. I also found a lot of Dexter Press photos that was sold that included a "1966 Angels team card." It was described as roughly 6-inches by 7 inches, so maybe that's where the rumor came from. It would make sense that Dexter Press would make an Angels poster, since that's who they first started making stuff for. Here's a 1963 premium that you don't see too often.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63rodgers.jpg (129.5 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by Chris Counts; 05-31-2023 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:15 AM
Rob

I had never seen these. This auction was for “5 of 6; missing the Angels.” They went for $1100 in 2009.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0218.jpeg (77.4 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0217.jpeg (80.3 KB, 210 views)
Old 06-01-2023, 07:27 AM
Chris Counts

Does anybody know what the other two teams are?
Old 06-01-2023, 11:45 AM
Jonathan Sterling

I always liked these and at one time owned Yankees Mets Mets Senators and White Sox. I knew of collectors with Cubs. But I never saw or heard of another collector owning an Angels team.
J
Old 06-01-2023, 02:21 PM

Default Dexter Press Posters

Thanks Guys:

This is interesting on a couple of fronts.

First I have to believe there is no Angels poster as after looking for one since the original issue not even a copy/picture has been provided.

Second take a look at the Cubs poster. While the others have 12 depicted the Cubbies show 15 at least three of which were not released as individual cards.

Finally I need the Mets poster in ex+ condition having traded mine in a dumb move many years ago for some Mets postcards. If any of you have one to sell or trade I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks a lot,

Mark K. Bowers
Old 06-02-2023, 12:04 AM

Default 1967 Dexter Press posters

Does anyone have the 8 x 10 Albie Pearson that was issued in 1966 or the 1963 8 x 10's of Billy Moran and/or Dean Chance?

Thanks,
Charles 425-749-6507
Old 06-02-2023, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealmark41 View Post

Second take a look at the Cubs poster. While the others have 12 depicted the Cubbies show 15 at least three of which were not released as individual cards.

Mark K. Bowers
It has four Cubs who weren’t issued in the 12 card set, they eliminated George Altman on the poster. The four new Cubs are Fergie Jenkins, Don Kessinger, Paul Popovich, and Rich Nye. I have had at least four of the Cubs posters because they are so fragile and difficult to store and keep getting damaged, hopefully my last one holds up.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:04 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealmark41 View Post
Thanks Guys:

This is interesting on a couple of fronts.

First I have to believe there is no Angels poster as after looking for one since the original issue not even a copy/picture has been provided.

Finally I need the Mets poster in ex+ condition having traded mine in a dumb move many years ago for some Mets postcards. If any of you have one to sell or trade I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks a lot,

Mark K. Bowers

Mark:

I collected these at the time and no one ever had the Angels I think it has been pretty well established it does not exist.

There were no Cardinals or Angels in the 67 Dexter Press set that was available from Coke distributors as premiums. 12 players per team.

That said one of the 60's very rare pieces is the 67 Dexter Press Paul Schaal (and the Pepsi Colt 45's Bateman) of the Angels! Only Angel ever seen in the set. I have one available if anyone is interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paul Schaal Dexter Press.jpg (193.8 KB, 120 views)
Old 06-03-2023, 09:49 AM
Andrew Aronstein

Can’t add much to what’s already been said but I do have Mets, Yankees, and Senators posters here. I’ve also got one of the smaller format Dexter Press Angels sets in the original packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2023, 03:32 AM
Bob M

The White Sox poster features 15 players. Four of those pictured on the poster are not included in the 12-card set (Gary Peters, J. C. Martin, Wayne Causey and Walt Williams). Interestingly, Bill Skowron is in the 12-card set, but not included on the poster. Skowron was traded to the Angels early in the 1967 season, which could be the reason his card is not depicted on the poster.?
Old 06-06-2023, 06:33 AM
John

Here is my Chicago White Sox Poster as well as a bottle cap redemption poster to use to obtain the cards. I have borh of the posters in top loaders and have all the bottle caps taped to the top loader. Pics are screenshots from my facebook group.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by orioles70; 06-06-2023 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:12 PM

Default Dexter Press Contd

Hi Bob and Fred:
After all these years not looking at these posters I never noted the White Sox having 15 depicted - only the Cubbies.

Sorta like the Salada thread which I also have not looked at in years and may be able to add some info later.

Re: the Schall Dexter I could use it to add to my set if still available for sale or trade. I also need several of the all-star Dexters but do not have a list right now of the ones I already have but can come up with one if helpful.

Mark K. Bowers
sealmark
(actual N54 member since 2009)