NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Default Why does PSA slab M116 or T206 cards in an oversize....

Posted By: Mark Turner

slab? If they want to be one the top grading companies they should have on hand the correct size slabs, would'nt you think. I have sent 8-10 cards at a time and some come back in right one and some come back in the larger one.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Plain and simple, PSA doesn't care. It's all about the bottom line for them. It wouldn't surprise me if they throw a card into whatever case is handy that the card wil fit in.

If you are submitting to PSA and unhappy with their product, then the only way they are going to listen is if you, and everyone else quits submitting cards to them. Impact their bottom line and then they will pay attention. As long as people keep submitting to them, you have no right to complain about about shoddy product they get from them and PSA will continue to provide a substandard product.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

is it the slab or the insert tabs? are they sending t206's back in a "tall boy" holder? if they are, that's nuts.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Jay,

I have a T201 that PSA graded. The funny part is that they folded it in two and placed it into a holder that fit the card rather nicely. The only reason I purchased the card was because of this asinine encapsulation.

I suppose they might place cards in larger holders for a couple of reasons, one being that they ran out of the holders made for a certain card and they figured they could shove the card in a mylar sleeve (to keep it from slipping too much) and place it in a larger holder.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Fred, I beleive you can request the folded slab that you can observe the primary player from the front, ie; Crawford/Cobb. Steve F

Old 09-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Administrator

It's inexcusable that the leading company in card grading is incapable of maintaing a proper inventory of slabs that they need. Even if this was a legit excus, why are so many cards in baggies? If the lack of inventory excuse is legit, there should be very few cards in wrong sized holders, not the massive numbers that we see all the time on eBay.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

As I mentioned on the other thread, I completely agree that they should have appropriate slabs for everything they accept. That said, they don't have them for caramels or oversized T206s. I suspect your T206 may have been oversized and so they put it in one of those E card condoms.

P.S. Jay, tell us what you really think of PSA.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert {Bigb13}

Does anybody know where to get any screwdowns that these cards will fit in with out sliding around? Rob

Old 09-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Administrator

I tried saying the same thing on the CU boards and I got banned for that sin and few others committed against all mighty PSA on their home turf.

Jay

Old 09-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MikeW

I remember years ago, just as grading was picking up interest, thinking that PSA would eventually have a correct holder for every card. In fact there were cards I purposely didnt send in for grading because my logic was to wait for the day they finally had accurate casings for them. That day never came.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John_B_California

I like PSA, but they certainly do their share of nutty things.

The oversized holders and "baggies" are a real pet peeve of mine. It's as if you got a great painting, and you put it in a frame that's too big. Looks tacky and unprofessional.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Regarding the T201 folded over while being encapsulated - I suppose you could request to have the card folded over to see a certain player such as Cobb (Crawford/Cobb card) but in this case the person having the card encapsulated must have wanted to see Rube Oldring instead of Chief Bender. Personally, if given a choice, I'd rather see the HOFer.

I'm pretty sure that most people would be in agreement that SGC has better packaging because each card seems to fit very nicely in their holders. It's kind of irritating to see a card floating at a 45 degree angle in the holder or to see the card slip to one edge or corner. Oh no, is this going to be another I HATE PSA THREAD? Nope, just a bunch of people expressing their opinion about grading company packaging.