NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-03-2020, 07:55 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Default 1962 Topps project ... small 7/19/20 update

I tried one of these threads to keep track of my 1957 Topps set build earlier this year. But I got a few pickups that I didn't post, then I fell behind and decided I was done trying to track.

Since I'm starting another project, this time 1962 Topps, I figured I'd try it again. Hopefully I can stay on track and not miss any pickups.

Not sure people/anyone enjoy these, but they're good for me to try and keep up with what I'm spending, when I got cards, what I need to upgrade, what I've already upgraded, etc. So I figured I'd start this one.

This factors in the price I paid (including shipping and taxes) when buying. It doesn't factor in the cost of cards involved in trades (in other words, the cost I paid to get cards I later traded for 1962s).

Thanks for following along.

Current 1962 Topps set stats (Updated 7/6/2020)
Total cards owned: 94/598 (15.7%)
Amount spent on set: $152
Amount recouped in extras: $0
Total: $152

Here's the first few pickups:
Traded for the Mantle LL, Ruth cards and Maris right after Christmas. Picked up the Robinson last week for $20 at the LCS.

6/27 pickups:
Bought these last week at the LCS for $15 (no tax and no shipping)

7/3 pickups:
Bought these today at the LCS for $40 (again no tax and no shipping)

Last edited by wdwfan; 07-19-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:21 PM

I have LOTS of extras.......you still have those trouts Walmart’s? I sent you a question on Beckett but didn’t hear anything back
Old 07-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Having fun with the 62’s, I’m a sucker for wood grain, and the highs aren’t too tough. Almost done with the green tints, and over halfway through the 7th series. The Rookie Parade cards are the only downside in this set for me, hideously ugly and pretty expensive considering whose severed heads are floating on them.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:27 PM
+0m J()rd@N

I think the AL Homerun leaders, along with the Mays/Mantle Manager's Dream are two of the finest cards around.

They are both cards with stories - one of the '61 Yankees and the great homerun chase of that summer and the other of the two great NY centerfielders, though one had moved out to the west coast by the time that photo was taken.

And don't overlook the Babe Ruth specials and the wonderful World Series cards and "The Switch Hitter Connects".

All of those great cards in one set, and yet none of them are the regular-issue cards of those players.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)

Last edited by Bigdaddy; 07-03-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:01 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I've already got the AL HR leaders card. The very first vintage card I ever saw was the Manager's Dream card. My cousin had it when I was 12-13, and I wanted it. But he'd never trade it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
I think the AL Homerun leaders, along with the Mays/Mantle Manager's Dream are two of the finest cards around.

They are both cards with stories - one of the '61 Yankees and the great homerun chase of that summer and the other of the two great NY centerfielders, though one had moved out to the west coast by the time that photo was taken.

And don't overlook the Babe Ruth specials and the wonderful World Series cards and "The Switch Hitter Connects".

All of those great cards in one set, and yet none of them are the regular-issue cards of those players.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:56 PM
Emlily Ell.is

July 6, 2020 Update

Picked up my first big starter lot. Got a lot of 110 different (113 in all) on eBay for $60 plus shipping. Have gone through them, there are 3 dupes (another card I already had from a previous purchase, so 4 dupes in all) and 4 with creases. Out of the ones left, 36 were too bad OC to keep. So I added 73 to my set. That brings my set total up to 87 different. I will be looking to purchase a few more starter lots in the next couple of weeks.

July 6, 2020 pickups
Total cards purchased: 113 (110 different)
Cards going into the set: 73
Amount spent on lot: $67

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.

Last edited by wdwfan; 07-06-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:50 PM
St@n Go.len

Nice job keeping track of the $$$$....I try to do that but I get impatient looking for deals vs just wanting to complete the set. I remember waiting for weeks to find a 1972 Bill Mazeroski hi# but finally just said F it and overpaid.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2020, 02:15 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I dropped by the LCS yesterday to drop off a card for grading. It's the first card I've ever submitted, and I only did so on the advice of the LCS owner. However, while I was there I had to do some looking. They had a new collection they had bought, and I found 3 more cards from the 1962 Topps set that I needed (they had more, but I also picked up a dozen 57s since I'm closer on that set as well as a 1960T McCovey RC).

Anyway, here's yesterday's pickup.

July 18, 2020 pickups
Total cards purchased: 3
Cards going into the set: 3
Amount spent on lot: $10