NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-14-2020, 10:57 PM
Jeff R

Default It feels like my birthday or Christmas or Hanukkah!

It’s not my birthday or obviously holiday time, but it sure felt like it when I got home tonight. I’ve been on an 8 day vacation and I happen to win and order a bunch of cards before I left. When I opened my mailbox, boom! This was waiting for me. I’m so pumped! Does this happen to anyone else? I know I can’t be the only one that goes a little crazy at times buying up cards. Make me feel sane and tell me I don’t have a card collecting problem 😂😂😂

B2B7B789-E483-4D61-ADBA-2DE05859185E.jpg
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...
Old 08-15-2020, 08:17 AM
Robert J. Miller

Don't show us the envelopes.........show us whats inside!
Old 08-15-2020, 08:17 AM
Robert J. Miller

Old 08-15-2020, 08:25 AM
pete ullman

fun!!! Looks like enough gifts for both holidays.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:49 PM
Jeff R

Default Behind the Curtain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
If anyone is interested in my “holiday haul” feel free to check it out. Pete, it was definitely enough for all the aforementioned celebrations. I was particularly extra excited about a few of my winnings. Especially getting my first Cullivan’s, the t206 Wheat (this puts me 2 HOF’ers away from completing this subset), and the T207 Chance I thought looked great for the grade. Thanks for showing interest, as everyone knows, this is often our only outlet to share our cards. Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/185279611@N08/C228FM
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...

Last edited by Jeff_cvc; 08-15-2020 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default nice!

I checked it out and had a lot of fun looking at the cards! THOSE AINT NO 1988 FLEER UPDATES!!! Rocky
Old 08-17-2020, 03:50 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

I threw a few bids at that Clemens and Hartsel. A bunch of nice cards you picked up.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:18 AM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDocter View Post
I checked it out and had a lot of fun looking at the cards! THOSE AINT NO 1988 FLEER UPDATES!!! Rocky
👆😂😂😂👆

Thanks for taking a peek Rocky, glad you enjoyed!
Old 08-18-2020, 12:25 AM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeboo View Post
I threw a few bids at that Clemens and Hartsel. A bunch of nice cards you picked up.
Thank you sir for bowing out and allowing me to get Hartsel. Definitely my favorite pick-up this year. Do you own any other Cullivan’s? Do you collect T209’s?I own a few of both the color and b&w, but if I had to choose, I think the b&w’s are really cool. Great poses, clear pictures and so obscure, I dig it.
Old 08-18-2020, 01:03 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_cvc View Post
Thank you sir for bowing out and allowing me to get Hartsel. Definitely my favorite pick-up this year. Do you own any other Cullivan’s? Do you collect T209’s?I own a few of both the color and b&w, but if I had to choose, I think the b&w’s are really cool. Great poses, clear pictures and so obscure, I dig it.
I actually just got started in pre-war cards. I've picked up a T210 orange border, c46 Imperial Tobacco, and a W575-1 Gassler's Bread so far. I guess I'm all B&W to this point There are so many interesting ways to go in this hobby that right now I'm just checking it all out.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:04 AM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeboo View Post
I actually just got started in pre-war cards. I've picked up a T210 orange border, c46 Imperial Tobacco, and a W575-1 Gassler's Bread so far. I guess I'm all B&W to this point There are so many interesting ways to go in this hobby that right now I'm just checking it all out.
Congratulations on getting in the game. You have officially opened Pandora’s box! It will be a fun and interesting road ahead for you. Since getting into pre-war about six years ago, I think I’ve changed my collecting focus a half dozen times! I think that is part of the fun of it all, as you said, you can go so many different directions. I used to only collect only T206, but now really enjoy finding more obscure t cards or trying to collect certain subsets of the bigger t sets. I’m sure my focus will change by tomorrow. I hope you continue to enjoy and if you ever need advice, there are some amazing collectors with vast knowledge on the board.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

+1
As a type card collector variety is the spice of life.

QUOTE=Jeff_cvc;2009587]Congratulations on getting in the game. You have officially opened Pandora’s box! It will be a fun and interesting road ahead for you. Since getting into pre-war about six years ago, I think I’ve changed my collecting focus a half dozen times! I think that is part of the fun of it all, as you said, you can go so many different directions. I used to only collect only T206, but now really enjoy finding more obscure t cards or trying to collect certain subsets of the bigger t sets. I’m sure my focus will change by tomorrow. I hope you continue to enjoy and if you ever need advice, there are some amazing collectors with vast knowledge on the board.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-19-2020, 05:14 PM

Nice haul! Love the variety!

Ricky Y
Old 08-19-2020, 10:15 PM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyy View Post
Nice haul! Love the variety!

Ricky Y
Thanks for peeking Ricky!
Old 08-20-2020, 09:40 AM
Derek Granger

Admittedly, today feel's a bit like Groundhog's Day (again) for me.

Or as Yogi would say, "it's deja vu all over again".

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)