NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Default "All cards listed are not trimmed and measure out according to specs"

Posted By: Marc S. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1822243359

I digress....

Old 04-18-2002, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

gotta love that professional trim job on the top boarder. Time to tease the monkeys again and send him email about what a crack smoker he is

It's amazing, this guy has been leaving for overseas in 5 weeks for about 3 weeks now. I think I smell scam.

Jay

Old 04-18-2002, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I looked at the top edge and laughed. If it is the way it looks in the scan I will laugh some more....unless this thing were wavy at the bottom , as well as the top, I would steer clear....and he says it's probably a seven .....hmmmm......dang, I wish there was a "buy it now" !!

leon- going back to laughing now

Old 04-18-2002, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian H.

He's on his way out of town for a month and selling his stuff and ..... bidding against me on this Speaker ?

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=1822184457

Hmm.

By the way I implore you all -- PLEASE let me win this one (I am being semi-sarchastic here so remember I am not trying to fix Ebay's auction).

Old 04-18-2002, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

and be sure to ask about the paper loss in the upper right corner. The email I got was funny.

Jay- profesisonal teaser of zoo animals

Old 04-18-2002, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marty

I believe that his statement is correct "All cards listed are not trimmed". I glaced through some of his auctions and I do not think that "all" the cards are trimmed.

Old 04-18-2002, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

Marty, you must be a Democrat. (Sorry Tbob) The guilty hiding behind semantics. How sad.

It's pretty much a standard practice to include one or two good ones to create a sense of hope for the rest. Also throwing in a reprint in a big group of original cards is another tactic of the unsavory kind.

This guy has no right saying what ANY grading company will put on these cards, except for PRO, they will grade these.

His auctions are a scam and I doubt ebay will respond to my complaint but. . . ya never know. They may start caring one of these days.

If he really is going over seas - good riddence.

Old 04-19-2002, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

No, Marty, I'm sorry. I meant the first line as a joke, not a criticism. I should have put a little smiley face at the end of the sentence.

Nothing in my post was intended as being critical of you.

Sorry for the confusion.

Old 04-19-2002, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: marty

In no way did I mean to support this clown's cause. This guy is probably using this logic to justify his statement. I can not imaging buying from a new seller that stated that he was going out of the country soon after he ships the goods.

Old 04-20-2002, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Someone on the CU (PSA) board figured out that this seller (furnimal) has been previously NARU'ed by eBay. The '33 Ruth he's selling (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1822239994) has an image URL that leads back to the homepage of "scooggy" at Earthlink.net. The email address scooggy@earthlink.net belongs to a seller named "bobbybin" who was shut off by eBay a while ago.

If he's going overseas, I hope it's a one-way ticket.

Old 04-20-2002, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I won a card from him, but didn't send payment once he was can'd from ebay. We exchanged emails several times and he seemed one card short of a '83 TCMS reprint set, but was very friendly and had nothing to gain from me except $40. He ranted a little about some $10K deal that didn't go through...so I quietly exited the conversation.

Old 04-20-2002, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

Scoogy gave everyone the heebie-jeebies on a lot of nice high priced T205 cards on ebay a while back. I guess these were the ones which didn't appear this go around, the stars and rarities. There were about 5 of us exchanging emails and notes and after poor communication and a lot of head scratching, I finally received my cards. Crummy packaging but miraculously the cards arrived ok. He just threw the $100+ cards in one thin, thin plastic holder and chunked it in to a flimsy manilla envelope. Good luck to trekkie who sniped on every single 205 card last night, must have won 30 of them.