NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-05-2022, 10:33 AM

Default The 25 and Under Pre War Collector Club- meet and greet

I was recently introduced to a young man who has taken a serious interest in pre war baseball cards. I encouraged him to join net54, which he has done, and I have supplied him with some collecting resources and answered questions.

But I am 48, I collect different items, and I do not have the time or energy to be the resource he needs. So it occurred to me, how many more younger collectors are out there and perhaps we can put them in touch with one another.

So, for the benefit of my new acquaintance and other younger (old-souled) pre war collectors, please introduce yourself and maybe make a connection and/or friend (or 2, or 10). Perhaps name, age, where you live, what you collect, and post a card or two.

Good luck young Jedis- you are the future of vintage!
Old 10-05-2022, 10:54 AM

Thank you Ryan! You’re the man. I’m Joshua Botnick, age 17, and from ATL (go Braves ). My collection consists of two parts, braves and Vintage, mostly t206. As a huge braves fan and an usher for the team, I collect braves cards for my PC. However, I love vintage cards, especially t206 because of the rich history connected to them. As of now, I only have 5 t206 cards in my PC, Cobb red, wajo, young portrait, nap lajoie and a mathewson. However I intend to keep adding on and expanding to this young collection as time goes on. Im hoping to meet some other young, vintage collectors out there, as there’s not too many of us, and get to know y’all and y’all’s collection!
Thanks!
Botnick
Old 10-05-2022, 11:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Great idea for a thread, Ryan. We need the young whippersnappers to come along after us to continue the tradition of collecting the old vintage. I wish I were 48 again!
Old 10-05-2022, 11:15 AM
Connor
Connor

Great idea Ryan! Josh reach out to me any time to talk cards. I am 33, but I have to be on the younger side for this site. Been collecting vintage since I was 9 years old with my father. The hobby has brought me great joy over the years, and I like to think I have some good advice moving forward. Any younger collectors that see this thread feel free to reach out.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:24 AM
Is Mudville so bad?

Thanks for the post Ryan, and welcome Joshua to you and all the younger collectors on this site. There is such a depth of card knowledge here it's an incredibly valuable resource for any pre-war/post-war collectors.

Remember, the only bad question is the unasked one.

And every thread needs a card, house rules.
-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img250 (2).jpg (203.5 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg img252 (2).jpg (188.3 KB, 453 views)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 10-05-2022 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:29 AM

Thank you so much Connor!
Would love to learn more about your collection and hobby experiences! Sent a message to ya, I really appreciate it!
Thanks
Botnick
Old 10-05-2022, 11:35 AM
pete ullman

53 and change here...live in st paul, mn. been collecting vintage since the early 80's on and off. If anyone in the twin cities ever wants to get together to talk shop...say it!!!!
Old 10-05-2022, 12:15 PM

Hello everybody! Name is Andrew, 22 and collect ALL things Rogers Hornsby. Now, I will happily collect anything pre-war as vintage > modern but Hornsby is my go to.. My collection started with an autographed baseball of his passed down to me when I was 12. Now the collection houses 30+ unique playing day cards among a plethora of other items!
Old 10-05-2022, 02:45 PM
John I.

Hey! I'm 15, and collect pretty much everything vintage. I'm a Yankees fan, and I'm currently working on a 1959 Topps set. I also love minor league cards, and I'm trying to get a complete Zeenut run. 10 down, 4000 to go...

I also love old cricket cards.

Glad to see I'm not the only teenager here.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:32 PM
Ch.r.ls M.u.lr

Just want to say, it's awesome to see young people on these boards, and that are into vintage.

I focus on Topps Venezuelan issues, US issue post-war HOFer's, and late 90's parallels/inserts. If any young people or those new to the hobby have questions, feel free to message me, I'm happy to help.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:37 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Welcome Josh! I know you from IG already! Glad to see you on here. And glad to see other young kids on here! I was in my early 20s when I found this board now I’ve recently turned 40! Time flies!
Old 10-05-2022, 08:23 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Welcome aboard Josh.
We communicated on Instagram and you have some great start to your collection
We are all here for each other and this forum has some great people and a great resource for knowledge and experience

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 10-05-2022, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
Welcome Josh! I know you from IG already! Glad to see you on here. And glad to see other young kids on here! I was in my early 20s when I found this board now I’ve recently turned 40! Time flies!
Thank you!
Old 10-05-2022, 10:51 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

If you need info on Exhibit and other arcade cards, boxing cards, or where to get the best tacos in Los Angeles (current faves are bistek en salsa roja at Guisados, adobada at Tacos 1986, and birria and cabeza at Tacos El Tijuanense, plus the always great Korean fusion tacos at Kogi), feel free to ask.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-05-2022 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:12 AM
Jordan

Hey everyone,
My name is Jordan and I just made the cut at 25 years old as I'm a pretty big vintage collector near Seattle!

I specialize in Venezuelan Topps and pre-war(Ruth/Mathewson are my favorite players to PC), but collect basically everything vintage. I'll need to share some of my prized items sometime.

I'm CardboardCloud on eBay/IG - I haven't participated much on these boards, but always look forward to meeting others and talking vintage!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:58 AM
Mark Macrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1941 View Post
Hey! I'm 15, and collect pretty much everything vintage. I'm a Yankees fan, and I'm currently working on a 1959 Topps set. I also love minor league cards, and I'm trying to get a complete Zeenut run. 10 down, 4000 to go...

I also love old cricket cards.

Glad to see I'm not the only teenager here.
Great to see a young enthusiast interested in Zeenuts. It will be a challenge, both geographic and financial, but if you are determined you can build a good sized collection. I started collecting the Zeenuts when I was 9 years old, more than 50 years ago, and still enjoy seeing original groups turn up. Sadly though, only a few of the original collectors (that bought the candy) are remaining. One of the best experiences was talking with literally hundreds of those guys about their experiences, and about the players... some of whom I was able to meet many years back... Good luck
Old 10-06-2022, 09:26 AM
Steve Birmingham

Great thread.
And nice to see so many younger people into older cards. And to me a bit interesting, when I was under 25 and collecting the 50's cards were newer than the cards I was getting out of packs are now.

Enjoy the journey!

And feel free to ask me anything, especially if you get into the production process. The worst I can do is plead cluelessness but may know who to ask.

It's good to see a hobby I've enjoyed for so long through a fresh set of eyes.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:37 PM
Matt G

Default Younger Folks

Not fully qualified as I hit the big 3-0 this year!

Regardless, would love to connect with younger (or older collectors) for that matter. There is no pride in the game for me, still learning everyday…

T206 collector here, started a little over a year ago and have 35 cards, and 2 HOF’ers. Slowly working my way up!

In the DFW area if anyone wants to connect and talk cards!

Matt