NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Will

Default Heroes of Sport

I just wanted to let everyone know that we decided not to do another auction. Sometimes you don't know how something will work out until you try it. After putting one together from start to finish I decided it wasn't where I wanted to take my company, but I want to sincerely thank everyone that believed in us enough to consign and bid. I was honored that people entrusted parts of their collection and their money to bid.

We have decided to focus on direct to consumer graded card sales. Our focus is going to be vintage cards graded by PSA and SGC. We just listed over 2,000 cards on eBay yesterday. However, we also have those same cards on our website www.heroesofsportinc.com for 12% lower than our eBay price. I'd rather see the people I do business with get a card at a better price than both of us give our money away to eBay.

I promise I won't be on here soliciting business anymore, just didn't want people to waste money if they ever see anything on eBay they need. If anyone needs to get a hold of me, you can always always reach me on my cell: 503-621-7386 or email: heroesofsport@yahoo.com

Thank You,
Will J
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Pup6913

no scans of backs or even mention of the type of backs. not good
Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Will

Default Good Point

Andrew,

I agree with you, we should have included back scans. To be honest, we were listing 2,000 cards twice (on our website & eBay) and should have included them even though it is far more time consuming. I know you aren't the only person that feels this way, and every batch from here on forward all cards from 1952 and earlier will have back scans.

If you or anyone else needs a back scan of a card or group of cards, please email me at heroesofsport@yahoo.com and I will get a scan up on the website by Monday evening/Tuesday afternoon. Also, if anyone is afraid of missing out on a card because they will have to wait for the scan, we do have a 3-Day no questions asked return policy on single cards or entire orders.

Will J
Old 04-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Chris

Default Worth a Look

I nabbed 4 Sler's off Heroes Ebay store that had very competitive BIN's (They are in transit as we type). Very good prices! I would suggest taking a look at what he's got.

Last edited by usernamealreadytaken; 04-29-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Brian Dwyer

Will has a great selection of cards available and I'm sure he'll continue working to add to it. I recommend Will and Heroes, and I've been happy to turn to Will for advice at times because of the experience and knowledge that he has from his many years in the hobby. Best of luck with the site Will--it looks awesome.

Brian
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Mike C@.v3

Default Heroes

I third that...I just purchased my first card from Will and so far so good...I also have my eye on a few more. It's nice to know you can pick them up even cheaper on your website...thanks for informing us!

Also, very fast to communicate back with any questions.

Thanks Will!
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 AM

Good luck with everything WIll.
JimB
Old 04-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Rich Klein

Default As an FYI

Talk to Leon and see about posting your cards on Grand Slam Bids -- I believe you'll find the fees better than EBay and any sales you make will add to your pocket as well

Rich
Old 04-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Will

Thanks Rich! I will shoot Leon an email here shortly. Have a great weekend. Will J
Old 04-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Anthøny N. ex

Will brokered a 6 figure deal for me a couple of years ago and it could not have gone smoother. Professional in every way, and a pleasure to work with.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Jim R

I asked for a back scan through ebay-ebay id cfc1909
email stemmers37@att.net

don't want to post what card I am interested in here

thanks for your time
Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Default Back Scans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesOfSport View Post
Andrew,

I agree with you, we should have included back scans. To be honest, we were listing 2,000 cards twice (on our website & eBay) and should have included them even though it is far more time consuming. I know you aren't the only person that feels this way, and every batch from here on forward all cards from 1952 and earlier will have back scans.
Will, I was just wondering I saw you listed a large group of T206 on e-bay and also on your website. I didn't see any back images, are they forthcoming or should I/we e-mail for back scans. Thanks Ralph

Last edited by rp12367; 05-12-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Will

Default Back scans

Ralph,

We have been doing our best to add back scans to everything we pu on the site for cards from 1952 and back. If we missed something, please email us at: Heroesofsport@yahoo.com

We will try and add the scan to the site as soon as we hear back from you. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will J
Old 05-13-2011, 11:22 AM
J@son M1ller

I tried to order off the site back when you first posted and had a problem. It charged shipping and then when I went to go pay it with paypal, it added shipping again. I sent a query but never received a response. Just want to post here in case anyone else had been hit with double shipping.

I just canceled the order at that point.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Patrick N.

Default Tobacco

I would think all tobacco cards and high $ cards should have an automatic back scan, count me out of buying if none is provided
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Will

Default Shipping and back scans

We definitely had some kinks to work out when the site went live. For some reason paypal was double charging for shipping. We finally figured it out (dealing with paypal can be very challenging!). If anyone was double charged please email us at Heroesofsport@yahoo.com and we'll refund the whole shipping amount to make up for your lost time.

We are adding back scans on everything 1952 and back from now on. We had quite a few emails to add back scans when we posted the first 2,000 cards or so. It was a crazy week and we did our best to get all of them added. If anyone is interested in something that doesn't have a back scan, please shoot us an email and we'll get it right up.

Have a great Sunday,

Will J