NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-24-2021, 01:04 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

One down and only one more to go!!

1920 World Series Ticket. Still need to find a realistic priced 1921 World Series then my 1920-2020 set is complete!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 4.30.19 PM.jpg (14.0 KB, 661 views)
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 08-24-2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
One down and only one more to go!!

1920 World Series Ticket. Still need to find a realistic priced 1921 World Series then my 1920-2020 set is complete!
Are you trying to get one from each game?! Nice project. I started out with this and then kept buying more and more. I'm now at 430 games and counting. That is a great ticket that I assume you got from REA. This is my pickup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 9.16.55 AM.jpg (12.7 KB, 649 views)
Old 08-25-2021, 07:37 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballparks View Post
Are you trying to get one from each game?! Nice project. I started out with this and then kept buying more and more. I'm now at 430 games and counting. That is a great ticket that I assume you got from REA. This is my pickup.
Very nice pickup! Currently my project is solely focused on a ticket/stub from each World Series from 1920 - current day. You are also correct, it came from the REA auction. The 1921 went a little high for what I was looking at.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 08-27-2021, 02:19 PM

Default 1917 St. Louis Browns annual pass signed by team owner Neal Ball

As many of you know, for many years I have collected tickets to no-hitters and perfect games.
Currently I have tickets to about 230 different no-hit games out of the 313 that have been pitched in ML history.
166 of these tickets are signed by the pitcher that threw the no-hitter.
FYI, I hope to write a book on no-hitters when I retire...
Additionally, I intend to put an unusual spin on the great books that have already been written on the topic.

The elusive tickets that I am still looking for are, without a doubt, "black swans" and locating them can prove to be quite a collecting challenge.
Literally like finding a needle in a haystack. A long slog, but I really love it!

I have determined, for a variety of reasons, that many would never likely be findable.
For that reason, I occasionally look for a suitable "filler" for my collection, especially if the game/games that it covers are particularly historic and noteworthy.
Although I am late with this post, I'm excited to have found a beautiful addition to my collection at The National in Chicago a few weeks ago.
This pickup fits this description...

Background:
In the history of baseball, only 3 times have no-hitters been pitched on consecutive days in the same ballpark. These 3 no-hit duets are:

Gaylord Perry (Sept. 17th, 1968) and Ray Washburn (Sept. 18, 1968) @ SF
Jim Maloney (April 30, 1969) and Don Wilson (May 1, 1969) @ Cincinnati

The 3rd time this occured was much earlier in 1917 @ StL. Browns
Ernie Koob (May 5, 1917) and Bob Groom (May 6th, 1917). Also of interest is that both games were pitched against a very good opponent the CWS, with the losing pitchers both times being excellent pitchers in their own right.
In fact, both LP's Eddie Cicotte and Joe Benz each pitched their own no-hitter in 1917 and 1914, respectively.

At The National I found this beautiful 1917 StL Browns Annual Pass that is signed by Browns owner Neal Ball.
Neal Ball's autograph in of itself is quite rare as he had a death date of 1933.

Anyway, here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bob Groom.jpg (39.8 KB, 621 views)
File Type: jpg 1917 St. Louis Browns Annual Pass labeled top loader.jpg (45.7 KB, 620 views)
File Type: jpg Ernie Koob.jpg (38.0 KB, 617 views)
File Type: jpg 1917 St. Louis Browns Annual Pass.jpg (57.9 KB, 632 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-31-2021 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-28-2021, 04:48 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
As many of you know, for many years I have collected tickets to no-hitters and perfect games.
Currently I have tickets to about 230 different no-hit games out of the 313 that have been pitched in ML history.
Additionally, I intend to put an unusual spin on the great books that have already been written on the topic.

The elusive tickets that I am still looking for are, without a doubt, "black swans" and locating them can prove to be quite a collecting challenge.
Literally like finding a needle in a haystack. A long slog, but I really love it!

I have determined, for a variety of reasons, that many would never likely be findable.
For that reason, I occasionally look for a suitable "filler" for my collection, especially if the game/games that it covers are particularly historic and noteworthy.
Although I am late with this post, I'm excited to have found a beautiful addition to my collection at The National in Chicago a few weeks ago.

Background:
In the history of baseball, only 3 times have no-hitters been pitched on consecutive days in the same ballpark. These 3 no-hit duets are:

Jim Maloney (April 30, 1969) and Jim Wilson (April 1, 1969) @ Cincinnati

Ernie Koob (May 5, 1917) and Bob Groom (May 6th, 1917). Also of interest is that both games were pitched against a very good opponent the CWS, with the losing pitchers both times being excellent pitchers in their own right.
In fact, both LP's Eddie Cicotte and Joe Benz each pitched their own no-hitter in 1917 and 1914, respectively.

At The National I found this beautiful 1917 StL Browns Annual Pass that is signed by Browns owner Neal Ball.
Neal Ball's autograph in of itself is quite rare as he had a death date of 1933.

Anyway, here it is:
Wow Scott, great pickup. I personally don't consider that a filler by any definition. Also looking forward to that book of yours...I hope to get an autographed copy. LOL
1955 Dodger Autographs...41/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 12-30-2021, 07:36 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post

Background:

Jim Maloney (April 30, 1969) and Jim Wilson (April 1, 1969) @ Cincinnati

Anyway, here it is:
Scott:

I believe you mean May 1, 1969 not April 1, 1969 and Don Wilson not Jim Wilson who pitched in the early 50's
Old 12-30-2021, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Scott:

I believe you mean May 1, 1969 not April 1, 1969 and Don Wilson not Jim Wilson who pitched in the early 50's

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-31-2021 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-03-2022, 07:32 AM
Mikeknapp

Call me crazy but as I look at recent sales of other stubs I think the Clemente 3000 hit stub is under valued. I believe that may change this year. I base this opinion on a couple of factors. It is the career defining event of a beloved and highly collected figure. This being the 50th anniversary of the event and his passing will generate increased media attention. What are your thoughts? Are there any other stubs out there that you think are under valued considering today’s market?

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)