NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 11-07-2020, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Day 312 (November 7, 2020 – 312)

The 1974 Topps All Star Third Baseman #334 pictured Brooks in the AL and Ron Santo from the NL. The card isn’t one of my favorites but has two great third baseman pictured. I’ll start off with a 1974 Topps blank back.

1974 Topps #334 blank back

Attachment 425023
Attachment 425024

Really don’t have a good-looking example of this card, but here’s an off center, lopsided, example for your viewing pleasure.

1974 Topps #334

Attachment 425025
Attachment 425027

1974 OPC #334 – back

Attachment 425026

Oh, and how bout a magazine insert…

Attachment 425028
What magazine did the 3 card strip come from? Tell me more about them !
Blank back ? Thanks Scott

Last edited by quitcrab; 11-07-2020 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:48 AM

Default Brooks Robinson Rawlings 1964-1966 Premium & Rawlings Advisory 1950-1970 Photoso

Hi, everyone. Thought to share these photos from Rawlings featuring our favorite 3d sacker, Mr. Brooks Robinson.

The Colored Photos are from 1964-1966 with Rawlings. The version with his glove on his knee is the same as the one on the Big 8 Glove Box. There are 2 Brooks and 2 Mantles along with 6 other players from the 1964-1966 Rawlings Premium Photos collection. I hope to add all of these to PSA Registry soon. The graded versions here are excellent depictions of Brooks. The version with the "Bird Head Cap" with glove at waste is pretty rare. Not sure if another one is out there. Both are part of the Brooks PSA Master Set.

The 1950-1970 Rawlings Advisory Photos (black and white) are part of the Brooks PSA Master Set (well, not the "signed" copy just yet). The two on the right are pretty rare. I just recently received the "signed" photo top left with glove at chest back from PSA. Anyone know who "Carl" is? These are amazing photos and fun to collect. The two on the right on the steps are out there occasionally for sale on ebay but not so sure about the two on the left.

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brooks Advisory 2.jpg (72.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Brooks Advisory 4.jpg (75.1 KB, 123 views)
Old 11-07-2020, 09:01 AM
Alan Strout

Default Rawlings Advisory Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chstrite View Post
Hi, everyone. Thought to share these photos from Rawlings featuring our favorite 3d sacker, Mr. Brooks Robinson.

The 1950-1970 Rawlings Advisory Photos (black and white) are part of the Brooks PSA Master Set (well, not the "signed" copy just yet). The two on the right are pretty rare. I just recently received the "signed" photo top left with glove at chest back from PSA. Anyone know who "Carl" is? These are amazing photos and fun to collect. The two on the right on the steps are out there occasionally for sale on ebay but not so sure about the two on the left.

Enjoy!
Some very nice photos. I don't begin to understand what or why PSA includes some items in their master sets, but not others.

I love the advisory photos from Rawlings, Wilson and Spalding. I believe the Brooks Robinson photo in the top right can also be found with the name box on the right side.

Here are a couple other Rawlings photos of Orioles

Boog Powell

Powell, Boog (Rawlings Sporting Goods).jpg

Dave McNally

McNally, Dave (Rawlings Sporting Goods).jpg

Mark Belanger

Belanger, Mark (Rawlings Sporting Goods).jpg
Old 11-07-2020, 09:07 AM
Bill H@e1ig

love those Rawlings promotional photos!

One of things I enjoy collecting are books about the Orioles and when possible I try to get them signed by either the author or players (or both!)....In 2004, Thom Loverro wrote a very nice book about the '83 Orioles championship season & over the years, I've had 25 players from that club sign it:

Last edited by roarfrom34; 11-07-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:06 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
Some very nice photos. I don't begin to understand what or why PSA includes some items in their master sets, but not others.

I love the advisory photos from Rawlings, Wilson and Spalding. I believe the Brooks Robinson photo in the top right can also be found with the name box on the right side.

Here are a couple other Rawlings photos of Orioles
Great stuff! I’m a big fan of the Rawlings, Wilson, etc. premiums.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:04 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chstrite View Post

The 1950-1970 Rawlings Advisory Photos (black and white) are part of the Brooks PSA Master Set (well, not the "signed" copy just yet). The two on the right are pretty rare. I just recently received the "signed" photo top left with glove at chest back from PSA. Anyone know who "Carl" is? These are amazing photos and fun to collect. The two on the right on the steps are out there occasionally for sale on ebay but not so sure about the two on the left. Enjoy!
Charlie,

Great stuff as usual. I believe Alan is correct; the one does have another version with the box located on the other side. From what I remember the paper is a tad thinner on this version.

By the way, would you believe my given name is “Carl”. If so, go ahead and send the slabbed Rawlings premium my way...
Old 11-07-2020, 08:11 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcrab View Post
What magazine do the 3 card strip come from? Tell me more about them !
Blank back ? Thanks Scott
I remember the kids magazine "Dynamite" would always have a strip of uncut Topps cards in their Spring issues...
Old 11-07-2020, 12:53 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
I remember the kids magazine "Dynamite" would always have a strip of uncut Topps cards in their Spring issues...
Yes; I believe this is where the strip is from. The cards that were in the “Dynamite” magazine aren’t as thick as the regular Topps cards, but a pretty cool addition.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:40 AM
Alan Strout

Default Minor League Media Guides

An area of collectibles, that I fear are disappearing, are printed media guides. A couple years ago, the Orioles transitioned to electronic guides.

In addition to looking for programs of Orioles minor league affiliates, I also collect media guides of affiliates, when I come across them. Over the years, like the Orioles media guides, minor league guides can be found in several different forms.

Early guides included traditional type guides, as well as record books and spring training rosters.

1959 Vancouver Mounties, 1957 Stockton Ports and 1959 Miami Marlins

1959 Vancouver Mounties PressMedia Guide - Copy.jpg 1957 Stockton PortsRecord Book - Copy.JPG 1959 Miami Marlins PressMedia Guide (Spring Roster) - Copy.jpg

More recent guides are more typical and include plenty of interesting information, if you're into that type of thing.

1981 Rochester Red Wings, 2004 Ottawa Lynx, 2013 Aberdeen Ironbirds and 2019 Bowie BaySox

1981 Rochester Red Wings PressMedia Guide - Copy.jpg 2004 Ottawa Lynx PressMedia Guide - Copy.jpg 2013 Aberdeen Ironbirds PressMedia Guide - Copy.jpg 2019 Bowie BaySox PressMedia Guide - Copy.JPG

For a few years, from 1997-2000, the Bowie BaySox, Frederick Keys and Delmarva Shorebirds all shared a media guide.

1997 and 1999 Combined Media Guides

1997 Bowie BaySox  Frederick Keys  Delmarva Shorebirds PressMedia Guide .jpg 1999 Bowie BaySox  Frederick Keys  Delmarva Shorebirds PressMedia Guide .jpg

Many teams didn't print their own media guide each year. For those years, I try and pick up the media guide printed by the league.

1988 Carolina League (Hagerstown Suns), 2002 South Atlantic League (Delmarva Shorebirds) and 2000 Appalachian League (Bluefield Orioles)

1988 Carolina League (A) PressMedia Guide - Copy.JPG 2002 South Atlantic League (A) PressMedia Guide - Copy.jpg 2000 Appalachian League (Rookie) PressMedia Guide - Copy.JPG