NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default Podcasts?

Anyone come across any good card podcasts that focus on vintage/older collectibles?

Am back on the road and would love to find some good casts to listen to while fighting traffic

Thx

Jeff
Old 10-24-2020, 06:13 PM
Jeremy K

Default Not specifically vintage...

But I highly recommend Dr. James Beckett's podcast which I listen to on Spotify. He covers a wide variety of topics and has had a pretty interesting roster of guests. And the episodes are short so even if a particular topic is not normally in your wheelhouse you may learn something interesting about it.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:43 PM
Rich Klein

As one of his regular guests I will verify we cover a lot of 60's-70's and sometime even older stuff. The only thing which surprises me is Leon has not been on yet. I think Leon would be a great guest.

Rich
Old 10-25-2020, 08:32 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Thx Rich and Jeremy... I’ll give it a listen. And will try and plug for Leon to get his own show!
Old 10-25-2020, 08:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast1933 View Post
Thx Rich and Jeremy... I’ll give it a listen. And will try and plug for Leon to get his own show!
I am not a fan of doing on air stuff. Kind of like taking a selfie. They never come out good.

Every thread needs a card.

Old 10-25-2020, 01:12 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

I haven’t really found a card podcast I like, but I have very much enjoyed “My Baseball History”.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Default The Monster

Justin and Jay run a pretty fun listen. That's what led me here. Justin has been particularly helpful. Quite honestly, I was out of the hobby, sitting on 150+ T206s and a half built 1950 Bowman set and an array of 1950s stars.

As people were posting their ticket stubs and then their "mail days" on twitter during the initial phases of the pandemic, I became intrigued. I posted some pics and got a "like" from @t206podcast. I gave it a listen. It was a pretty emotional experience; I had absolutely no clue how obtainable completing the T206 set is. I've added 4 cards in late August (I love John Frill!) and I picked up Ed Summers earlier this week. I'll post a separate one for my last purchase yesterday (buyers remorse).

But , yeah, Justin and Jay from "The Monster" podcast. Fun jump off point.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:12 AM
Justin Goodman

Default The Monster Podcast

Thanks for the plug and kind words, Kevin!

Jeff-You can check out our T206-focused podcast at www.TheMonsterPodcast.com or stream on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher and other platforms.

Here is a thread with some more info about past episodes:
https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...onster+podcast

Justin

www.themonsterpodcast.com
www.facebook.com/TheMonsterPodcast
www.twitter.com/T206podcast
www.instagram.com/TheMonsterPodcast

Last edited by Silverskulls; 10-26-2020 at 11:06 AM.