NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Yld.er Ri.za

Default It looks like ebay is removing negative feedback for Probstein123

I've been watching his feedback over the past few months and he has had several negative ratings removed. Removed, not revised. If I had to guess, in my opinion, I would think that he calls ebay as soon as he notices a negative comment he receives. Ebay then must be removing it for him, or they find something like the user's phone number is not up to date since they may have changed it, so they assume that it's false information (which it would not be if the user just forgot to update his number) and remove the feedback. I think he might also be getting ebay to suspend users, and he could get the negative comments removed that way since getting suspended removes negative feedback you've left.

It appears he has ebay in his back pocket since he's no doubt paying thousands of dollars in fees to ebay per month, so I would assume they would protect him to keep getting the fees. It seems the only way to bring him down might be through state attorneys general to have them investigate him and the suspicious looking activities of the bidding on his auctions and how they get listed the next day after the items have suspicious looking ends. It looks as if ebay will never do a thing to him.

I got screwed over by him consigning with him. He is one of the worst people that I have ever encountered on ebay. He wouldn't fix his errors that cost me bids, among other things he did. I also bought a case of 1990 Upper Deck hockey wax boxes. He didn't protect the box. The box was damaged. When I got it from the post office, it contained 1991 Upper Deck football wax boxes. He would not compensate me for returning the box to him. He only gave me back the bid price after I had to keep bothering him for it. In my opinion he is also a creepy looking guy and acted as if he were trying to get rid of me. His "office" was a mess. I thought I was going to trip and fall on everything he had on the floor. I wanted my remaining consignment items he never listed after having them for 2 months. He conveniently couldn't find them since he most likely figured I would never do business with him again and he could get one last bit out of me listing the items. His employees looked to me like a bunch of high school kids which explains the horrendous service I received from him and all the bone headed errors made. He most likely hires these kids because he can take advantage of them and can pay them little to nothing. I can't see anyone else working for this guy. The "office" looked like a fire trap to me. I hope he goes out of business. I'm really disgusted with him.

I need to clarify my statements above because a couple or posters seem to either be illiterate or have the reading comprehension of a 5-year-old. The first 2 paragraphs are my opinion of what I think might be happening from what I have observed. I am not stating them as a legal fact. They are my OPNION of what I think, again in my opinion of what happened. I never said it was fact, nor did I say it was proof. I will repeat it again, since it appears I have to dumb it down. The first 2 paragraphs are my OPINION of what I think may have happened from what I have observed. I could be wrong about what happened. I could be right about what happened. Again, it is my OPINION. I never stated it as fact in any way, shape, or form.

The third paragraph tells about my experience with him in person, online, and the feelings I got from meeting him. The feelings are my opinion. Everything I stated about my dealings with his errors and not compensating me are fact that I can back up with all the email I have saved with him and would testify in any court of law.

Last edited by Acollector; 04-08-2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: I had to clarify for a few people with reading disabilities here.