NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default Positive Comments on Full Count

Posted By: Rich Jacobs 

One of the best things about this Board involves the sharing of information about reprints and dealers to avoid. I'd instead like to share a very positive story, and encourage others to do the same.

I recently was the high Ebay bidder on a T206 from Full Count. At about the same time, I checked their on-line catalogue and saw another T206 I wanted that was listed as a "GAI 5.5." I emailed Mike and John and asked about a package for both of them.

Mike responded by saying that he had pulled the card from their inventory and looked at it, that "GAI blew the grade," that it was no better than VG/Ex because of a wrinkle, that he wanted to make sure I was happy with the purchase, and that of course it was up to me whether I wanted to go ahead.

I declined, but also wound up buying yet another T206 from their inventory.

I've seen the Wentzes describe some of their graded cards as overgraded, and now have seen the same thing from Mike and John. That's a far cry from the schlock we see on a daily basis on Ebay and from some other dealers.

I pass this story along, because when my cash goes out I want to deal with the honest part of the hobby.

Have any of you had similar positive experiences?

Old 06-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Kennedy

Hello All,

Keeping with the "pat on the back" thread, I wanted to express my sincere appreciation to Scott Brockelman and T206Monsta (Pat Roche). Prior to discovering this board in mid-January, my options for obtaining vintage material was limited to EBay and what other dealers I could find on the internet. After discovering the board, I was able to meet Pat and began chatting on a nightly basis with him about T206's. Since Pat had already completed the T206 set in the early 80's and then bagan to collect dupes soon thereafter, he seemed to have an endless supply of T206 cards that I had been searching for. Pat was not only top notch to deal with, but he was also crazy fair with his prices selling me many high end cards at a fraction of what he could make off them if he listed them on EBay. So if I have'nt told you enough Pat, THANKS! You are one of the good guys. After T206's came another obsession of mine T207's. Enter Scott Brockelman stage left. Like Pat, Scott seemed to have a disturbing amount of rare T207's. I say disturbing because life in my house was'nt too pleasant night after night while I tried to justify to my wife why I was spending so much on little pieces of cardboard. In the end it all worked out, thanks to a very understanding wife and a patient Scott Brockelman. With the help of both of these guys I now have some of the cards that I use to just look at in books and drool over. THANKS GUYS!!! And THANKS to Elliot, whom if it was'nt for this board, i would probably still be drooling over some of these cards in books.

Old 06-20-2003, 04:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Mike and John of Fullcount are just 1 serious class act! Dealing with these 2 is as easy as 1 2 3. Scott Brockelman is my hero.

Old 06-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

I have always had great transactions, buying and selling, from this twosome. Some of the slabbed scarcer cards they have are a little out of my price range but the cards I have bought from them in the past have always been as described and the service has been great.
Bob