NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Jon Canfield

Default O/T - BST Items Listed w/ All Proceeds Going to Charity for IDD

First and foremost, I want to thank Leon for reaching out and letting me put this post up on the main page.

Very briefly, I will be taking part in a 100km endurance cycling event through Miami this November on behalf of the Best Buddies organization, which is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of children and adults affected by intellectual and development disabilities (IDD), including those affected with Down Syndrome, Autism, Fragile X, Williams Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, traumatic brain injury and other related disabilities. Best Buddies' programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy and communication skills, form meaningful friendships with their peers and feel valued by society.

As part of my commitment to the organization, I’ve pledged to raise a minimum of $10,000 for Best Buddies. So, in order to help me reach my contribution amount, I am going to be listing some items for sale on the BST pages, with 100% of the proceeds to go directly to my fundraising efforts. In addition, if you purchase an item, in lieu of paying me for it, you can pay for it directly by making a contribution to my fundraising efforts at the following link, or by paying my directly via paypal gift so that I can make the donation:

www.bestbuddieschallenge.org/miami/support/#4127

Right now, I've listed the following items for sale on the BST, but I'll be adding more as my efforts go along and I'll update this thread with any new items I've posted:
  • B18 Joe Jackson Blanket (Yellow Pennant) SOLD
  • E90-1 Cy Young PSA 2 SOLD
  • 1905 Honus Wagner Advance Brands (SGC Encapsulated)
  • 1910 E-Unc Johnny Evers SGC A (1 of 2 known)
  • 1900s Cigar Box Top of Truxton Grays feat. Buck Ewing SOLD
  • John F. Kennedy Cut Signature
  • Mickey Mantle Signed & Framed Display
  • Chick Gandil Autographed 3x5 SOLD
  • 1888 Scrapps J.C. Rowe (SGC 20) SOLD
  • Lot of Assorted T206 and T205 Cigarette Packs, including Sovereign, Piedmont and Sweet Caporal SOLD
  • 1955 Bowman Baseball Unopened Pack (GAI 4)
  • Tony Lazzeri Signed Album Page
  • 1992 Little Sun Unopened Set #22/3000 - Possible Jeter Autograph SOLD
  • 1949 Bowman Stan Musial Autographed Card SGC A
  • John F. Kennedy Signed "To Turn the Tide" Hardcover Book
  • 1883 Home Run Cigars Box (Only Surviving Example)

Thanks in advance for indulging me with this post!

FYI - A little about Best Buddies since we all want to be sure that our donations and the charities we support have the greatest impact on the lives of those who are the intended recipients. In 2017, Best Buddies achieved a platinum transparency award (the highest possible award) with a 92/100 accountability and transparency rating, and an overall charity score of 89.09 out of 100. More independent evaluation information on Best Buddies can be found at https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ary&orgid=5446. Best Buddies International is a registered 501(c)3 organization, and its tax id number is 52-1614576.

Last edited by canjond; 06-30-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Rob G.

Sounds like a great cause, Jon! I'll keep an eye out for your posts in the BST.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:47 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Jon, what an amazing thing you are doing here. You are simply awesome!
Old 06-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Jon Canfield

Thanks all. I really appreciate the messages, PMs and emails of support. The Net54 community is great!
Old 06-13-2018, 05:30 PM
Jon Canfield

Updated for new and sold items.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
Updated for new and sold items.
Good luck with everything, Jon. You have certainly given back a lot to the hobby with your in depth research on baseball related tobacco products. It is appreciated by all hobbyists who collect those items.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:41 PM
Jon Canfield

I just wanted to thank everyone who has purchased an item or otherwise helped me reach my fundraising goal. As of today, I'm at ~$9200, so within striking distance of the $10k minimum I set. There are still lots of items available for sale above (and all proceeds from the sale will be directly contributed to the fundraising goal).