NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-15-2020, 04:46 PM

Default New Member, New Collector

Hello everyone! Excited to be here.

I'm a fresh collector, excited to get a good start going! I got into collecting stamps about two to three years ago, and have been enjoying that hobby greatly. As I've gotten deeper and deeper into baseball history, I started becoming interested in cards as well. I recently decided to make the leap and get into the hobby!

Primarily interested in pre-war cards right now. I just got my first T205 (AA Mattern) and I'm shopping around for my first T206 pickup as well! I've been loving The Monster podcast and I've watched plenty of videos about the early tobacco sets as well. Something about the portraiture and the simple, but bold action, just really hits right. Those T202 triple folders are eye catching also... but that's when the wallet damage would start coming in!

Torn between Ed Killian (pitching), Jimmy Lavender, Mullin (batting), or Beals Becker!

In day to day life, I spend a lot of time walking in the woods, doing photography, reading. Currently in a M.Ed program, hoping to take on a PhD in a few years.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:24 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Welcome aboard!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:48 PM
Craig L.

Welcome. Your in for a lifetime of enjoyment/frustration.
Pre-1957 Des Moines baseball memorbilia
**Ok, I buy DM stuff after '57**

Working on the following sets:
-T201 Master Set
-B18s set minus Reds. *18 to go*
-T202 End panel set
-'35 Goudey
-T206 361 commons/common back
Old 10-15-2020, 07:52 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Welcome, stick around here and you'll learn a ton, I know I have. It's exciting picking up those first few cards and the excitement continues. I'd recommend checking in on the B/S/T forum here. There are always interesting cards being offered at typically fair prices from good people. I've learned with old cards it's best to be patient for what you're looking for and you'll be rewarded. Even for common cards, the right one isn't always currently on the market. If you like the T202s certainly look around, have some patience, save up a little money if you need to, and you'll find what you want. You can usually find a pretty nice common for $100 or less.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:12 PM
Doug Goodman

Welcome to fantasy island.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1909-08-01 Boston Sunday Herald Supplement - Becker1.jpg (74.8 KB, 81 views)
Old 10-15-2020, 08:38 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Welcome to Net 54

Enjoy the ride