NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Andy H

Default May Pickups

It's been a rough going trying to find the last 10 postcards for my collection. Want to share this cool piece of New York history though:

And here's the transcription I've made:
September the 9th 1762 Received of Capt. Jacob Rutsen the sum of fifteen pounds one shilling and Nine pence In full of all accounts and Demand, and also one pound fifteen shillings In full for Costs I say Received for me
A Hasbrouck

Colonel Abraham Hasbrouck was a pre-revolutionary military man in Kingston, NY. His house (which burned twice within the span of a year) is still standing near the end of Green Street where it is now oddly, an Airbnb. He also wrote a diary, a copy of which still exists.

My GLAC collection (1/240):
https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle...gned-postcards
Old 05-02-2021, 05:02 PM

I'm always amazed pieces like that don't get destroyed over the years. I assume Abraham Hasbrouck was who Hasbrouck Heights in New Jersey was named for.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:09 PM
Andy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocjack View Post
I'm always amazed pieces like that don't get destroyed over the years. I assume Abraham Hasbrouck was who Hasbrouck Heights in New Jersey was named for.

That was a later Hasbrouck, Jacob Dillon Hasbrouck.

My GLAC collection (1/240):
https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle...gned-postcards
Old 05-15-2021, 06:17 PM
H Murphy

Default Willliam Herschell Cobb

Sticking to my "pieces you don`t see every day" and baseball history, picked up this W H Cobb autograph. The death of Ty`s father, shot dead by his wife and Ty`s mother, is still largely a big mystery. Supposedly sneaking home to catch the Mrs during a tryst, W H was shot dead on the roof of his own porch. Only 1 week into his career Ty returned home and his mother was bonded out. Mrs Cobb was later cleared and Ty, who greatly respected his father, played every game like his father was watching. Thanx to fellow 54`er Rhys Y. for working with me with this seldom seen autograph.
William Herschell Cobb Autograph by Hugh Murphy, on Flickr

Last edited by TUM301; 05-16-2021 at 01:26 PM.