NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Default Please help me out with opinions on what I want to do.........

Posted By: josh

For Chanukah last year my girlfriend surprised me with a graded card holder frame. It has been sitting in my garage and now I want put it to use. I already have two of them in my home with my high end cards. What I want to do is buy 50 of the lowest grade cards with a lot of color or ones that really present themselves well. I don't care about the player or grade. This will be put in my office at work and I don't want to put anything of high value there. So far I was considering buying t206 or t205. I do not want to spend a lot of money on this. I think it will look good but I am having trouble deciding on 50 graded beater cards to put in it. What other issues would you suggest? Pre War only.......... Thanks in advance!

Josh

Old 08-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony N.

Cracker Jacks, N162, E95.
If pre war means pre WW2, add in Sport Kings, '33, '34, '36 Goudey. Diamond Stars, Delongs, '41 Playball

If you're branching beyond baseball I'd vote for T218- lots of color, lots of different athletes.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

If this is to be viewed by folks in your office, I would pick 50 different types to give the viewer an interesting look at the different kinds and styles of cards of the Pre-War era.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

I wish I got usefull Channukah presents like that!

If it's just for color, then you want to go with cards that have big bold color - maybe '33 Goudeys and perhaps make a pattern with the background color. If people are going to be looking closer then you have more options.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard

Unless you're a die hard [insert set here] fan, I'd do like Cycleback suggested, and go with a variety of issues.

I'd also try to find a specific focus, too. That could be a particular team, a particular designation (ie. all Tobacco cards), locally born players, or some other theme that interests you (crazy feats?).

Then I'd just build the collection, and whether that meant 50 different issues, 25 different issues, or 42 different issues, would be up to you.

Be sure to let us know what you decide. It'll be interesting to see the finished 'piece'.

Regards,

Richard.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Prizner

I'd go re-prints of a bunch of famous, big time cards. I bet your co-workers would like to see what a Babe Ruth rookie looks like.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan U

I like the idea above of 50 different types, maybe organized chronologically and possibly even carry it into the 50's-60's so some co-workers might recognize cards they had as a kid.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Administrator

To fill in spaces and save on budget, you could also stick in a few other-sport and non-sport cards-- football, boxing, actors, etc. Would serve to give some card history context and popular culture timeline to the display-- Mickey Mouse, Charlie Chaplin, Jack Johnson, Teddy Roosevelt, Horrors of War.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I am not so focused on my co workers seeing them. I own my own business and have an office that has it's own private entrance but on a floor with other offices. I do have a cleaning crew that comes in and when I have my employees sometime pick up their paychecks from me. It is mostly me in there, but I basically am having them there for myself and for decoration. Sometimes I am out in the field and only get to my office a few days a week. In case of theft which I doubt will happen, I don't want to have expensive cards. I like the idea of different sports as well..... Thanks guys!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Administrator

I expect at least one Mickey Mouse card in this display. Preferably one where he's playing a banjo.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Josh -

In your office, also make sure you have a picture of you & your girlfriend lighting the Menorah.