NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-15-2020, 03:16 PM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

Default UPDATE....RESOLVED thanks to Jackie Curiel.... PSA won't give me an answer on card

Submitted this 1956 Killebrew for dual grading

Comes back:
Card-Authentic
Signature-9

I'm trying to get clarification out of PSA as to the reason for the authentic
grade on the card. I've called numerous times and elect to be put in he call back queue but have never received a call !!
Can I get an explanation from my grader ? This is very frustrating especially since I expected a nice grade on the card.
Sorry about quality of pics.
Russ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5730.jpg (79.6 KB, 436 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5731.jpg (80.4 KB, 438 views)

Last edited by russkcpa; 01-12-2021 at 03:45 AM.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:22 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

I'm not a PSA expert, but I think you have two options. Auto grade only or dual grade(card and auto) for an extra fee. Maybe you checked the wrong box or they messed up? Someone with more experience will probably chime in.

Edit: Sorry, saw you submitted as dual grading, so they must have messed up. The card looks fine with a quick glance.

Last edited by oldeboo; 12-15-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:39 PM
Jeremy W.

Looking at your back scan, the bottom looks wavy to me.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:58 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeboo View Post
I'm not a PSA expert, but I think you have two options. Auto grade only or dual grade(card and auto) for an extra fee. Maybe you checked the wrong box or they messed up? Someone with more experience will probably chime in.

Edit: Sorry, saw you submitted as dual grading, so they must have messed up. The card looks fine with a quick glance.
this is what i thought too. slab looks like authenticate card, grade auto

i think if you checked grade both, and something was wrong with the card, they would not have said "authentic" - they'd have kicked it back without grading either - at least i think that's what they would have done
Old 12-15-2020, 04:00 PM
DR
David R@tliff

i'll add too - the 9 auto grade is so stupid - it's because he ran that one part off the bottom of the card

just an fyi for next time - if any part of the signature runs off the card it won't come back a 10 auto

dumb but it is how they do it
Old 12-15-2020, 06:50 PM

I know it is frustrating...but that is a fantastic looking card
Old 12-15-2020, 07:54 PM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

Well this is the 4th time I've asked for a call back from customer service and never received one. Their customer service is useless.
I hate to contact Jackie Curiel but I know she could probably give me some information.
Old 12-16-2020, 09:37 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Be grateful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by russkcpa View Post
Well this is the 4th time I've asked for a call back from customer service and never received one. Their customer service is useless.
I hate to contact Jackie Curiel but I know she could probably give me some information.
You didn't decide that you didn't trust the call back system and waited on hold for 4 hours 2 separate times only to be disconnected like I did!!
Old 12-16-2020, 09:47 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

I also never got a call back from their system.

I'd say if you asked for dual, most likely trimmed. Still a great card, but sadly no card grade available. I have quite a few like that. Way back when, people would search these cards out to get signed. Present well, but trimmed. Now, more unscrupulous folk can get away with just grading the auto, and not mentioning the card was trimmed. Not say it's what happened, but it's hard to tell in a holder.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 12-16-2020, 11:47 PM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
You didn't decide that you didn't trust the call back system and waited on hold for 4 hours 2 separate times only to be disconnected like I did!!
Now that REALLY sucks !!
Old 01-12-2021, 04:00 AM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

Default Thank you Jackie Curiel of PSA

I contacted Jackie (PSA Chief of staff) and sent the card to her. Long story short....matter resolved and the card received a grade of NM 7 to go along with the Auto 9 grade. Jackie Curiel is fabulous but obviously PSA has issues....this was clearly submitted by me for review and dual grading and came back as authentic with an auto grade of 9. I had to pursue this because I was sure this card was not altered. Wonder how many others this has happened to. Now I am happy to report I own the highest dual graded 1956 Topps Killebrew card.....not worth a fortune but a great card for my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg killebrew.jpg (77.0 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by russkcpa; 01-12-2021 at 04:17 AM.