NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-23-2020, 07:26 AM
Scott S

Anyone else dealing with issues with the USPS Priority Express service?

I had a Priority Express package mailed to me from PA coming to MA on Monday, guaranteed to be here by Tuesday afternoon. It's now Wednesday morning, and the last scan was Monday afternoon for arrival at a PA distribution center.

I thought this service was more of a sure thing, because of the money-back guarantee of an on-time 1-2 day delivery (in my case, it was a 1 day guarantee). But even this seems like an issue right now. Ugh.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:59 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post

I had a Priority Express package mailed to me from PA coming to MA on Monday, guaranteed to be here by Tuesday afternoon. It's now Wednesday morning, and the last scan was Monday afternoon for arrival at a PA distribution center.

I thought this service was more of a sure thing, because of the money-back guarantee of an on-time 1-2 day delivery (in my case, it was a 1 day guarantee). But even this seems like an issue right now. Ugh.
I'm convinced that the delivery times do not matter at this point, the USPS is so bogged down, they can't accurately determine when things are going to arrive nor can they honor those guarantees.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:14 AM

My 40 ebay packages that I dropped off on 12/12 near my home in Columbia, Maryland were just posted today from....Opa Locka, Florida - 1,073 miles away!
Old 12-23-2020, 08:44 AM

I've got a card that was sent Dec. 12th and due to be delivered on the 16th. The last status update: Dec 16 12:00AM In transit, arriving late.

Didn't even say where it is.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:26 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:

Yes. I paid $16+ to ship two packages Priority early last week - and now they are both officially "late" and floating somewhere in the ether. As many others will say it "is what it is" but yes super frustrating.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:47 AM
Ray Bumgardner

Just received a package today (in Illinois) that was shipped from Minnesota on Monday! Meanwhile, still waiting on a package from Louisiana sent November 19th. Last known location: Seattle. Fun times.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:53 PM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Yes. I paid $16+ to ship two packages Priority early last week - and now they are both officially "late" and floating somewhere in the ether. As many others will say it "is what it is" but yes super frustrating.
Indeed frustrating. Priority Express is guaranteed Overnight to most parts of the country (2 days to some parts). Once the package shows up, maybe I'll explore the $26 back on the shipping charge for not hitting the guarantee. But getting the package in hand is the top priority....
Old 12-23-2020, 01:54 PM
John €ffenheim

My REA catalog was delivered on 12/8, auction closed 12/6

Last edited by effe; 12-23-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:51 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:

Fairly normal.

Depends on when it was dropped off Monday. I dropped one at 445pm in MD that made it to Seattle by noon Wednesday.

I’ve had many issues with standard first class and priority but not with express.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:55 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

I sell items on Ebay every week and haven’t had any issues with USPS priority mail. Some buyers complain and always want cheaper shipping but I’ve had great luck for many years and all this year with two day priority. Maybe one or two show up a day later but so far so good. I also like the 50.00 insurance included.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:38 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimberleycardcollector View Post
I sell items on Ebay every week and haven’t had any issues with USPS priority mail. Some buyers complain and always want cheaper shipping but I’ve had great luck for many years and all this year with two day priority. Maybe one or two show up a day later but so far so good. I also like the 50.00 insurance included.
You should consider yourself very lucky then. I have shipped several things priority in the last few weeks. A couple have made it only a day or two late, but others have taken 7-9 days just to make it from my local post office to the next distribution center in NJ (so in the same state they were shipped from) before sitting there for a while. One package took 13 days to get delivered from NJ to OH. For me, paying for priority hasn't been worth it since it hasn't seemed to help compared to just first class with tracking.

From what I have read online, the USPS is overwhelmed with packages as well as with large numbers of employees out sick so they just can't keep up with the volume. I'm hoping things will improve post holidays as less new packages are being added to the system.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:11 PM
Michael Skiles

Default Usps

I have an order from Games and Cards that was supposed to be delivered on the 15th. It hasn't moved from Bell Gardens CA. I have dealt with the seller before and consider them excellent in service and taking care of any problems. Due to the troubles the post office is having I am going to wait and if in a month it doesn't show up, then I may do something.

I have the utmost respect for my postal carrier and the local offices. It galls me that the government has let this institution be unprepared for what has happened to them. Their lack of consideration and planning "AT THE TOP" has caused them to be overwhelmed and made them look incompetent.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:41 AM

The cards I ordered that shipped on 11/29 arrived today.

Oddly enough, some cards I ordered on 12/29 (and shipped 12/30) ALSO arrived today.

Weird!
Old 12-31-2020, 12:02 PM

Yes! It's the worst I've ever seen.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:05 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
The cards I ordered that shipped on 11/29 arrived today.

Oddly enough, some cards I ordered on 12/29 (and shipped 12/30) ALSO arrived today.

Weird!
Earlier this month, I shipped 2 packages to the same person a week apart. The second one got delivered already while the first one is still in limbo somewhere.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:29 PM
Michael Skiles

Default Package Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by skil55voy View Post
I have an order from Games and Cards that was supposed to be delivered on the 15th. It hasn't moved from Bell Gardens CA. I have dealt with the seller before and consider them excellent in service and taking care of any problems. Due to the troubles the post office is having I am going to wait and if in a month it doesn't show up, then I may do something.

I have the utmost respect for my postal carrier and the local offices. It galls me that the government has let this institution be unprepared for what has happened to them. Their lack of consideration and planning "AT THE TOP" has caused them to be overwhelmed and made them look incompetent.
My package arrived yesterday, It popped up on the radar on the 9th in Washington D.C. The went to Hyattsville MD. Then to Indianapolis and to me. I am glad I waited and it appears that they are catching up.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:36 PM
Keith O'Leary

Tracking History
January 11, 2021, 6:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
DISTRICT HEIGHTS, MD 20747
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DISTRICT HEIGHTS, MD 20747 on January 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 11, 2021, 5:48 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20785
January 11, 2021, 10:38 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
CHARLESTON WV PROCESSING CENTER
January 10, 2021, 7:04 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
CHARLESTON WV PROCESSING CENTER
January 10, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
January 8, 2021, 7:22 pm