NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Default Creative lure to get bids for a fake

Posted By: Todd

when I first saw this auction, it was just another headscratcher. Several hundred for another fake and doctored Ruth rookie, although he claims it's a reprint. Then I see where he is offering incentives as the bidding gets larger. Anybody else see this type of auction before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1915-1916-Babe-Ruth-Sporting-News-Rookie-Rare-151_W0QQitemZ8783966482QQcategoryZ73433QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Old 03-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

For my tastes, there's nothing more annoying than eBayers using HUGE (and ususally multi color) font like that. It gives the sense you've entered the big top, 'where a sucker is born every minute' as one big top owner said.

When the bonus is (supposedly) worth many times more than the for sale item, that's a new one. I've seen legitimate eBay auctions that have included little extras for certain bidding ('If you BIN, I will include a free ARod card.')

Old 03-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Well he does take paypal and if I won an auction like that i'd sure as heck pay with a CC. I also just love these ebayers that use God in their names or in the descrips. too. Plus he is a POWERSELLER <eyeroll>

Dunno if it is real or not.

Steve

Old 03-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

I don't know what upsets me more, the pure antagonism to bid on this lot or that his ebay name is "soldierofchrist1"

Why can't he name who the HOFer PSA 3 is? Is this like one of the Shop at Home deals? Additionally, if he feels this card is Ruths BEST card, why wouldn't he have it graded. He obviously knows what PSA is.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Lundrigan

Seller states "When I removed this card from the holder to scan it, the smell strongly resembled the smell of tobacco."

Yeah I smell somethin too and it ain`t TOBACCO!

Old 03-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Just means the cards came from the home a of heavy smoker. I'm pretty sure heavy smoking and drinking are hallmarks of scammers.

Jay

WOW upsidedown is MOM. Mom upsidedown is what dad wants to see.