NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Net54baseball- Game Used Forum? all sports?

Hey Guys and girls (not too many girls in the memorabilia space?),
Taking a cue from a member, would ya'll like to see a game used forum on this board? If there was one would it be all sports? (I would imagine so) I assume it would be vintage and new?
I/we haven't given it much thought but if there are members who would like a place on this board to talk about that aspect of the hobby, it's at least worth a friendly debate. Maybe there are mine fields I am unaware of MORE than what I am accustomed to in the card and autograph fields? At any rate it's always good to hear a few points of view.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Jake

I vote YES on that forum. Especially since Game used universe it seems doesn't take new members.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Jeff

Don't really collect any GU stuff. Don't see any negative about it (adding a forum).
Would be interested to get better versed w/o having to join/participate in a GU specific forum.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Al

Would work for me Leon.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 08-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Clint

I'm for it as I dabble in all areas. The more information out there the better as I see it. I would open it up to all sports.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:12 PM

I would be interested in visiting this thread.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Brock

I think it would add more members here, specially when GUU has been having problems of working several times the last couple months, key members have also been banned or pretty much pushed away.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

I vote YES too.... I would love an original photography subcategory as well. A rather large percentage of monthly pickups are indeed photos. I have been asked by members and non-members if there was a forum for just photos to learn from and socialize. I think the addition of the GU and a separation of photos in a subcategory would bring more definition/organization and members to the board..

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 08-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
I vote YES too.... I would love an original photography subcategory as well. A rather large percentage of monthly pickups are indeed photos.
I hope (but maybe not) that would fall under this memorabilia section. Pretty soon there won't be anything so general as "memorabilia" for this section .
Old 08-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Chris Wood

Default Yes pls !

A yes from me as well!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Skip

Yes, there is a need!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I hope (but maybe not) that would fall under this memorabilia section. Pretty soon there won't be anything so general as "memorabilia" for this section .
I was suggesting a sub cat within the memorabilia section much like the autographs.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 08-26-2012, 06:44 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Default "I would prefer not to"

I suppose that I am in the minority, since I would prefer that Net54Baseball have one memorabilia forum devoted to baseball memorabilia. If there were to be an all sports, game used memorabilia forum, it would mean that those of us who collect game used baseball material would have to rub elbows with the rakes and hooligans who collect modern college football jerseys rather than the fine people who collect vintage baseball pennants and photos.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:45 PM

I too think it's a great idea, but would like to see it be for vintage items, say pre-1980. Game Used Universe is primarily for people collecting new shiny game used stuff.

Greg
Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM

Yes, agree there is a need.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Default not too bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I suppose that I am in the minority, since I would prefer that Net54Baseball have one memorabilia forum devoted to baseball memorabilia. If there were to be an all sports, game used memorabilia forum, it would mean that those of us who collect game used baseball material would have to rub elbows with the rakes and hooligans who collect modern college football jerseys rather than the fine people who collect vintage baseball pennants and photos.
What makes one assume that "other" means new or college items ? I have over 100 years of soccer memorabilia. I have shared it with a few forums that enjoyed it.

Just to be clear, I collected all the stuff that I see here in the baseball world and then sold it off because i "had already done it."

I sold off a super NFL football collection too. If no one is interested, I respect that. But ignrance should not be the prohibitive reason. I like all sports history. As far as I am concerned, no one is forced to look at any thread if its not in their interest.

I vote yes.

PS - there is a good reason that Game Used Universe has lost so many members, but I will leave that for others to comment.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:03 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copa7 View Post
What makes one assume that "other" means new or college items ? I have over 100 years of soccer memorabilia. I have shared it with a few forums that enjoyed it.

Just to be clear, I collected all the stuff that I see here in the baseball world and then sold it off because i "had already done it."

I sold off a super NFL football collection too. If no one is interested, I respect that. But ignrance should not be the prohibitive reason. I like all sports history. As far as I am concerned, no one is forced to look at any thread if its not in their interest.

I vote yes.

PS - there is a good reason that Game Used Universe has lost so many members, but I will leave that for others to comment.
I am sure that you love soccer, football, and many other things. But I don't, and always found it tedious to wade through the many non-baseball threads over at Game Used Universe. If Leon wants to add a forum or a couple dozen, that's fine with me. I am just afraid that adding a new game used forum would mean that people like me who enjoy game used baseball material feel would be unwelcome in this good, old baseball memorabilia forum.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Bob B.

I'd like to see (1) A game used forum for bats.
(2) A game used forum for other Baseball (Jerseys, Gloves, etc.)
(3) Other sports

Can be divided into Vintage/ Non Vintage or not.

Would prefer keeping the Baseball items separate.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 PM
keith janosky

I think it would be great. Even with the game used forum have a classified and wanted section so guys can buy and sell there stuff. The problem with Game Used Universe website there classified section is limited to selling up to 500.00 which I could never understand and questioned them about it and eventually my post was removed and never got a straight answer. With the prices of GU stuff it's hard to sell anything for under 500.00. Just think of the high end items guys would want to sell they can't over there so collectors are missing out on some nice high end items and have to resort to Ebay or auction houses with there 20% BP. Just a thought.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Mike Steiner

GUU has been dieing a slow death ever since the braintrust chased away many knowledgeable members. Some of those members deserved to go, but not the members who brought a lot to the table.

I think it would be great if you could attract those old GUU knowledgeable members. I would also like to see the content limited to 1980 or before. The game used stuff from the last twenty years is so readily avialable and easy to get that it's not very collectable.

https://whitesoxshorts.com/
Old 08-26-2012, 08:35 PM

A gu area is fine and dandy, but just remember that gu topics can be more contentious than autographs.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
A gu area is fine and dandy, but just remember that gu topics can be more contentious than autographs.
Is that possible?

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 08-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Clint

I think 1980-85 would be a good cutoff. Definitely don't want to look at a ton of modern day jerseys and especially bats.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:51 PM

Would be great
Old 08-26-2012, 11:44 PM

As long as it's moderated. Tons of fakes out there and the threads do get very ugly.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:47 PM

Ok. Sure. I just went to GUU after the previous thread and it's down again!

Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Banned

Quote:

branching out the general memorabilia section more and more is risky, autographs branched out, fine. there is still enough in the general memorabilia section to keep some posts current and people posting, but if branching out to gu and photographs and left handed socks worn by hof'ers, you risk on gutting it too much, and if people see that the last post on a forum was from three days ago, then they stop clicking on that forum altogether.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:43 AM

Don't worry. Leon said that Net54 is investing in a fire hose in case any of the threads get too out of hand.

Actually, much of the fire and heat in the gu discussions is due to the topics often being about fakes and forgeries being offered by outside auction houses and dealers. I think the GUU posters themselves are generally quite reasonable and even keel. I think there are more characters in the Net54 autograph forum
Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 AM
J Stone

I'd like to see a GU Forum.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Mike

yes
Old 08-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Shawn England

This is starting to get worse than Ebay - Whatever happened to "NET54"... I don't know - Bells, Whistles, Flashing Lights, Smileys & I still like "Base Ball" - Go figure? It is always exciting to read "You should post this in the (fill in the blank) forum - next time read the rules before posting" then a follow up post "Sorry about that will do better next time" Newbie etc.

Any advertisers to be had with a GU Forum?

Dilution is really not my thing, but I am good at diluting water.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
branching out the general memorabilia section more and more is risky, autographs branched out, fine. there is still enough in the general memorabilia section to keep some posts current and people posting, but if branching out to gu and photographs and left handed socks worn by hof'ers, you risk on gutting it too much, and if people see that the last post on a forum was from three days ago, then they stop clicking on that forum altogether.

I agree with this general sentiment and even commented about it in my last post. I think each change has taken into account the dynamics of the board. The last one, separating the autographs, seems to have gone fine. The post-war side of the board is fine though some of the lesser forums don't get posts for a few days. Still, it's not too bad. I wouldn't want a main forum to be too inactive. I think consolidating to have more posts in "a" forum is better. That being said, when I look at the amount of game used discussion we have, it is negligible. As was said in the very first post, this discussion is exactly what was intended. Thanks to everyone who has given an opinion so far. Also, if this new forum (on here) does get done, we will also break out the autograph forum into a main header icon, as previously discussed.
Keeping the number of icons across the top of each page the same, this (below) is what I sent to our techy guy, Brian M., yesterday....to start discussion on some changes.....the icons/forums from left to right (on each page as they are now) would potentially be-

Net54 Form Homepage – Pre-WWII Baseball cards
Buy/Sell/Trade
Memorabilia
Game Used
Autographs
Post War/Watercooler
Vintage Links
Rules/Detection/Archives

Nothing is set in stone yet. Also, I could see potentially splitting up the Game Used into modern and vintage. Just like any board decision, there is 0 possibility of making everyone happy. The goal is to make the majority happy while still having a nice, safe place to discuss different parts of our hobby. An analogy might be asking folks what they like better, chocolate or vanilla. With that question you will not get a 100% agreement. Same idea for this proposed change. Thanks for everyone's thoughts so far.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Barry Sloate

It looks like the direction of the board, as it matures and gets larger, is to create more specific areas of discussion. I guess the key is to make sure there will be enough activity to justify a new forum. In the case of game used equipment, I'm sure there is. I love to discuss vintage baseball books, but if that had its own section it might get 2 or 3 threads a month, so I would not lobby for it.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Bry.an Sylv.est3r

It would be great to have a place for the knowledgeable former members of GUU (or those who simply do not post any longer) to have a place to chat. But if it devolves into what GUU has become, a place for little discussion and lots of show and tell threads about modern equipment, then don't bother.

Be prepared for ego and conflict management though. As a whole game used collectors are without a doubt the most spiteful group of collectors out there.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
It would be great to have a place for the knowledgeable former members of GUU (or those who simply do not post any longer) to have a place to chat. But if it devolves into what GUU has become, a place for little discussion and lots of show and tell threads about modern equipment, then don't bother.

Be prepared for ego and conflict management though. As a whole game used collectors are without a doubt the most spiteful group of collectors out there.
Yikes.....certainly some thoughts to consider....
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Barry Sloate

Come on Leon- spiteful groups create some great train wrecks. And who doesn't like a good train wreck?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 AM
John

I recommend shelving the Game Used category for now. I don't see the demand for a breakout. Less to click on too.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
I recommend shelving the Game Used category for now. I don't see the demand for a breakout. Less to click on too.
You don't see the demand yet you are in the minority. I guess I wouldn't see the demand if I were in the minority either. You either didn't read the rest of this thread or just want to say "no", which is everyone's prerogative.

BTW, there is also a chance we could just add a sub-forum to the memorabilia forum....such as we did for the autographs....
Old 08-27-2012, 10:29 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Default No

I say no to the change, especially if the format is as it is listed above. I think separating things out just fragments the board more without a specific need.

While I disagree with what happened to the autograph section for multiple reasons, I do understand why many wanted it. The constant fighting between a few members created a hostile atmosphere, which many wanted to avoid. I still think it's easier to not click on a thread that annoys you than it is to go to a new category, but that decision is already done. I will say that since the change, one of the things that I do notice, is that there seems to be less traffic from many people who I used to see post occasionally about autographs, as well as the other stuff.

In this case, is there really a NEED for a new category? Are there so many posts about GU that they bother those who don't collect that stuff? No. Are the people who collect GU on this forum fighting all the time as to create a negative atmosphere? No. Is there something about current format that is preventing those who collect GU from posting? I don't think so.

For me, I like to see everything. I read most of the threads on the board, at least initially, to see if it interests me. Would I make the effort to go to a separate GU forum? Probably not. Especially if I had to wade through a lot of new stuff. I think this is similar to what I noted above about less different people posting about autographs.

I guess my point is that I see this board as a sort of family. Most families have good times and bad. Many many fights and reconciliations. IMHO, more separation leads to less interaction, less unity, and less enjoyment. If autos had been separate when I joined, I don't know if I would've been influenced by Jimmy(kingofclout), David Atkatz, Ben(Forever Young), and a host of others who spurred on my interest in vintage photography collecting. I learned, enjoyed, and met so many more nice people than I would've had it all been separate. That benefit far outweighs any negatives.

Sorry, Leon. One last point.
If you do decide to do this, I would suggest you keep autographs, GU, and any others that come up, as a sub-forum of the memorabilia section. All these things should be grouped together, as they are specific foci of memorabilia collecting.

(Cool. I got to use the word FOCI in a post. Sorry I am easily amused.)

Best,
Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
I say no to the change, especially if the format is as it is listed above. I think separating things out just fragments the board more without a specific need.

While I disagree with what happened to the autograph section for multiple reasons, I do understand why many wanted it. The constant fighting between a few members created a hostile atmosphere, which many wanted to avoid. I still think it's easier to not click on a thread that annoys you than it is to go to a new category, but that decision is already done. I will say that since the change, one of the things that I do notice, is that there seems to be less traffic from many people who I used to see post occasionally about autographs, as well as the other stuff.

In this case, is there really a NEED for a new category? Are there so many posts about GU that they bother those who don't collect that stuff? No. Are the people who collect GU on this forum fighting all the time as to create a negative atmosphere? No. Is there something about current format that is preventing those who collect GU from posting? I don't think so.

For me, I like to see everything. I read most of the threads on the board, at least initially, to see if it interests me. Would I make the effort to go to a separate GU forum? Probably not. Especially if I had to wade through a lot of new stuff. I think this is similar to what I noted above about less different people posting about autographs.

I guess my point is that I see this board as a sort of family. Most families have good times and bad. Many many fights and reconciliations. IMHO, more separation leads to less interaction, less unity, and less enjoyment. If autos had been separate when I joined, I don't know if I would've been influenced by Jimmy(kingofclout), David Atkatz, Ben(Forever Young), and a host of others who spurred on my interest in vintage photography collecting. I learned, enjoyed, and met so many more nice people than I would've had it all been separate. That benefit far outweighs any negatives.

Sorry, Leon. One last point.
If you do decide to do this, I would suggest you keep autographs, GU, and any others that come up, as a sub-forum of the memorabilia section. All these things should be grouped together, as they are specific foci of memorabilia collecting.

(Cool. I got to use the word FOCI in a post. Sorry I am easily amused.)

Best,
Mark

Good thoughts Mark...and they are appreciated. The reason that the autograph section isn't as active as it was might be that a few of the folks left....because people were badmouthing what they were trying to do. It happens. I do agree, as I have said all along, I would prefer fewer sections with more threads than more sections with less threads. Still, nothing is set in stone and the debate continues. I do think there is somewhat of a need for a GU forum here but maybe a sub-forum, such as the autograph forum, would do the trick.

And whomever made the comment about advertising.. ....I honestly didn't think of that but if there were another advertiser or two, it wouldn't hurt my feelings.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
The reason that the autograph section isn't as active as it was might be that a few of the folks left....because people were badmouthing what they were trying to do. It happens.
That is not exactly what I meant.
I meant that when everything was combined, many who don't collect autographs would still see the items and often comment. Sometimes those comments would enhance the enjoyment and understanding of that item, even if it wasn't autograph specific. There are even less "Good Job", "Great Pickup", and "Congrats" replies being posted on both monthly pickup threads.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
That is not exactly what I meant.
I meant that when everything was combined, many who don't collect autographs would still see the items and often comment. Sometimes those comments would enhance the enjoyment and understanding of that item, even if it wasn't autograph specific. There are even less "Good Job", "Great Pickup", and "Congrats" replies being posted on both monthly pickup threads.
And you will have quite a few people say they started posting again because a lot of the negativity was coming from the autograph threads and now they like it better.
It's really choosing what is best for the forum as there is never a perfect answer. There actually can't be a perfect answer.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
There actually can't be a perfect answer.
I know. I know.
Thanks for hearing me out.
Keep up the good work.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Game Used would fit in to the normal memorabilia area. Autographs in theory would too. Autographs was moved because it dominated the memorabilia section and deserved its on section. we don't know how popular the gu section would be here, so it's hard to say that it should have its on section versus is part of the old memorabilia section.

If it proves to be a daily popular topic on Net54, like autographs is here, then I'd vote it's reasonable for it to have its on section. There are a lot of collectors who specialize in game used.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:43 PM
John

Leon,
To clarify...I was agreeing with Travis in post #27. I enjoy the mix of topics in the current Memorabilia section. When autographs seemed to dominate, you broke them out into the sub-forum. Good idea.

I just don't see the volume of game used threads to necessitate another breakout (IMO). That's why I recommended shelving for now.
John
Old 08-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Leon,
To clarify...I was agreeing with Travis in post #27. I enjoy the mix of topics in the current Memorabilia section. When autographs seemed to dominate, you broke them out into the sub-forum. Good idea.

I just don't see the volume of game used threads to necessitate another breakout (IMO). That's why I recommended shelving for now.
John
And my rebuttal to that is,.......according to what I have read here, if we build it they will (might?) come. ......At this point I am leaning towards a sub-forum in the memorabilia section for GU but of course still just taking it all in. Right now there are almost 0 GU threads on this whole board. It would be difficult to have less.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Marty K.

Default Game used

Leon...... I believe that there are many, many game worn collectors.... As you know there are specialists who could add a great deal to the forum....There is so much to know.....This category has great potential for growth if specialists would get involved.......Also who doesn't have an old wool or flannel to show and learn more about? The categories could be pre1988 or so (before multible uniforms were issued in most pro sports) and after...Again I think the potential is there why not give it 6 months and see if it will grow? I would hope that the "inner circle" of old time collectors gets involved.....
Old 08-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Al

Default GU

Quote:
You don't see the demand yet you are in the minority. I guess I wouldn't see the demand if I were in the minority either. You either didn't read the rest of this thread or just want to say "no", which is everyone's prerogative.

BTW, there is also a chance we could just add a sub-forum to the memorabilia forum....such as we did for the autographs....
Leon,
I agree with you that it should be a seperate sub-forum just like autographs are now. I have absolutely no problem with having a GU forum on the board but if what I am reading did become true that alot of the reason the GU board is failing now is because of the arguements that have occured and driven away the good posters ,isnt that really what happened to our memorabilia form after (some of) the autograph people decided to use it as their personal battle ground? Hasnt it been much better to let them have their say in their own forum so if a member wishes he or she doesnt even have to go to that section if one wishes not to? If we did learn one lesson here that was a good model to compare why it would be a good idea. I know for a fact that the autograph arguements were why alot of good posters stopped posting anymore. I for one was one of them. Simply got tired of all the B.S. But as they say its yours to do what you feel is best. Thought I would throw my nickel in.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Leon,
I agree with you that it should be a seperate sub-forum just like autographs are now. I have absolutely no problem with having a GU forum on the board but if what I am reading did become true that alot of the reason the GU board is failing now is because of the arguements that have occured and driven away the good posters ,isnt that really what happened to our memorabilia form after (some of) the autograph people decided to use it as their personal battle ground? Hasnt it been much better to let them have their say in their own forum so if a member wishes he or she doesnt even have to go to that section if one wishes not to? If we did learn one lesson here that was a good model to compare why it would be a good idea. I know for a fact that the autograph arguements were why alot of good posters stopped posting anymore. I for one was one of them. Simply got tired of all the B.S. But as they say its yours to do what you feel is best. Thought I would throw my nickel in.
Al,
It was more certain mods pushing the better posters away and not arguments between collectors.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:30 PM

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. Long time reader of the forum, glad to be a part of it now. I would like to see a game used section but like many others have said before me, I think it should be pre 1980 or 1985. More of a vintage game used forum. That's just my two cents. Looking forward to being a part of the forum here!