NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 06-15-2013, 11:31 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Default Did you ever say "heck with it!"?

Did you ever just say heck with it and pay a crazy BIN? I've been looking at a nice centered PSA7 of a card that is worth about 200 sellers BIN is 299, with no "or best offer". I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and paying the price and trying to forget what I paid just to have the card in the condition I want. What do yall think? Dave.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:11 AM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

If u want it and the extra 99 won't affect your life then I say go for it. Carpe diem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Doug Chamberlain

I think there's more folks out there than you think that have "been there, done that". But it all comes down to if you are pleased, that's all that matters.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

Just send the seller an email and see if he'll drop the price a bit.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan-budman View Post
Just send the seller an email and see if he'll drop the price a bit.
It actually can work... I emailed a seller a couple weeks ago on a memorabilia item, saying I'm interested but asked if he could lower the price and the shipping charge a little bit.

Checked the next day and he had dropped the price by 20% and cut the shipping in half.

Never hurts to ask.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I Have bitten the bullet many times and just hit the BIN. More often I have made offers that were accepted. The guy had this really neat postcard at $350 or best offer. I offered $100 as I have an idea of their values. They countered with about $200....I countered their counter and told them I collect these all the time and the most I will go is $125...and that in and of itself is almost the most I have paid for a generic scene like this. The next day they accepted...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111095690401...84.m1439.l2649

Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM
David Pierson
Banned

That's a cool looking postcard! Any idea what's going on in that photo? Family picnic? Easter? 4th of July? I see one guy with a big "A" on his shirt. Could be "A" for Adrian!! Whew what a Twilight Zone91 Episode that would be!! Zone91 starts showing up in the backgrounds of all of our cards and photos! Dave
Old 06-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
That's a cool looking postcard! Any idea what's going on in that photo? Family picnic? Easter? 4th of July? I see one guy with a big "A" on his shirt. Could be "A" for Adrian!! Whew what a Twilight Zone91 Episode that would be!! Zone91 starts showing up in the backgrounds of all of our cards and photos! Dave
\

I really don't know about what is going on with the postcard but there is a lot of stuff.....which I like.

LOL... I don't know about Adrian in our backgrounds. That could make me nervous. There will be another whacko in due time.....

Last edited by Leon; 06-21-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:32 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Never bit the bullet here. As other's said, I'm messaged some reasonable offers, and I'd say about 50% of the time we've worked out a deal. Don't give in to a crazy BIN. If you do, these clowns will just keep doing it..

I've been eye-f*ck*ng a card with a crazy high bin(at least for the condition) for a while now. Probably about double what I'd be willing to pay, and maybe triple what the card could get if run as an auction. Made the seller a reasonable offer via message about a year and a half ago. Dude replied that he had watchers and was certain he'd get what he wants for it. It's still there obviously. I'll give it a little bit longer and message again with the SAME offer...
Old 06-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Tom Boblitt

Love the RPPC Leon........so bizarre with those two guys in the lower left....the way the shot was framed. Like it was done on the pitcher's mount........very cool.

I've done that before. Not often but like the rest, more often than not, I'll email with a fair (but lower) offer. Don't understand why ANY seller doesn't put the 'best offer' option on the table. I think it's kinda crazy...........
Old 07-14-2013, 11:10 PM

Default Bin

Yes unfortunately I have bitten the bullet many times on overpriced BINs on hard to find items. I usually inquire if they are flexible on price and most will move on a high BIN. However, I know I still pay over market.

I wish I had more time and patience to search for things.

Z Wheat
Old 07-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Alex

If you are cool with it then BIN. Before I did I would email the person about a price drop. As my momma always said "If you never ask then answer will always be no."
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:20 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Never bit the bullet here. As other's said, I'm messaged some reasonable offers, and I'd say about 50% of the time we've worked out a deal. Don't give in to a crazy BIN. If you do, these clowns will just keep doing it..

I've been eye-f*ck*ng a card with a crazy high bin(at least for the condition) for a while now. Probably about double what I'd be willing to pay, and maybe triple what the card could get if run as an auction. Made the seller a reasonable offer via message about a year and a half ago. Dude replied that he had watchers and was certain he'd get what he wants for it. It's still there obviously. I'll give it a little bit longer and message again with the SAME offer...
Following up my own post. I no longer have to watch this card, nor eventually repeat my offer. One in WAY better condition finally popped up with a BIN at 60% of the price the clown wants for the cut one. YES, I'm talking about the '41 DP Slaughter/Mize.

I'm glad, and I wish the guy well in watching it sit on ebay for the rest of eternity at his price...

See, we don't always have to cave. But then again, it's not like I was dealing with an insanely obscure or expensive item either. Good luck to the rest of you guys in your decisions..