NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 06-17-2016, 05:01 AM
Andy

Default Roberto Clemente Dorsey Fake Years

Hello all,
Does anyone know definitively the years Clemente's valet, Phil Dorsey, began signing for Clemente? According to the PSA website it began in 1967 at the earliest or 1968 until his untimely death.
I am new here and the reason I ask is a Clemente autographed card I know was signed in 1965 at the latest and have proof was rejected by non-PSA authenticators saying it was a Dorsey and he signed from the mid '50. PSA is very specific it began no earlier than 1967. Does anyone have any information on when Dorsey became Clemente's signer?
Thanks and I love this site!

http://www.psacard.com/autographfact...to-clemente/11
Old 06-17-2016, 07:31 AM
Michael

I had heard from a typically reliable source it was 1966 but that is second or third hand
Old 06-17-2016, 07:42 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andenheber0 View Post
Hello all,
Does anyone know definitively the years Clemente's valet, Phil Dorsey, began signing for Clemente? According to the PSA website it began in 1967 at the earliest or 1968 until his untimely death.
I am new here and the reason I ask is a Clemente autographed card I know was signed in 1965 at the latest and have proof was rejected by non-PSA authenticators saying it was a Dorsey and he signed from the mid '50. PSA is very specific it began no earlier than 1967. Does anyone have any information on when Dorsey became Clemente's signer?
Thanks and I love this site!

http://www.psacard.com/autographfact...to-clemente/11

I'm curious who the "Non-PSA Authenticator" is.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:50 PM
Andy

Well it's not PSA, so your second guess is probably correct🙂
Old 06-21-2016, 11:57 AM
Andy

Is Dorsey alive? I'll track him down and ask him myself for all the grief it's caused me lol
Old 06-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andenheber0 View Post
Well it's not PSA, so your second guess is probably correct🙂
A still well known hobby "figure" sold a number of Dorsey Clemente's.
I do not know how many but at least several.
I do not have proof of this but I do know it is true.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 06-21-2016, 02:19 PM

Default Clemente and Dorsey

I do not recall seeing any Dorsey material originating before 1966. I do believe I have seen GPC's as early as 1966, but not before that--Kevin Keating
Old 06-21-2016, 02:59 PM

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spahn21 View Post
I do not recall seeing any Dorsey material originating before 1966. I do believe I have seen GPC's as early as 1966, but not before that--Kevin Keating
I agree with the above , in fact I have an amazing signature study that may even dispel the Dorsey myths , as to what is Dorsey and what is Roberto will add it to this thread soon , I asked both authentication companies to contact me and I would share for free but neither did ....JIM
Cy Young, Mel Ott, Tris Speaker, Rogers Hornsby, Kid Nichols (b&w plaque), Bobby Jones (golf), Honus Wagner, Jackie Robinson, and much much more all for sale immediately, Click the link below to subscribe
Old 06-22-2016, 03:26 AM
Andy

Default Thanks everyone

The issue is I had the deal done to sell a 1962 Clemente Topps autographed and he sent it to JSA and the sole reason they gave for not authenticating it was it was a "Dorsey"..but I inherited it from my uncle who's collection suddenly stopped cold in 1965(coincidentally when he discovered girls in high school) and so I know he didn't write Clemente in 1966 or 1967. My estimate based on dozens of postmarks is 1962-1964. I'll post a picture but JSA said they used some spectral lighting or black light I'm not sure. Hope you can make it out-it's faded-but they didn't cite fading as an issue. I welcome opinions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.4 KB, 114 views)
Old 06-22-2016, 03:27 AM
Andy

Pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.4 KB, 114 views)
Old 06-22-2016, 03:28 AM
Andy

Pic try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (12.7 KB, 115 views)
Old 06-22-2016, 08:32 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
I asked both authentication companies to contact me and I would share for free but neither did ....JIM
I am sure that surprises nobody.
The more problems in the autograph hobby, the more money they make.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-22-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Richard Simon

This is a good thread and should go in the main autograph section.
Leon?
--
Old 06-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Andy

Default Oops

Sorry that was my first post and I accidentally posted it here with my for sale items! Feel free to move it if possible

Tags
fakes, phil dorsey, roberto clemente, secretarial signatures