NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default Special Thanks To Bill Goodwin

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Recently, Bill Goodwin and I hit an unfortunate snafu with regards to a consignment. While the specifics are neither here nor there, I did want to alert people to my satisfaction with Bill.

Mistakes do happen. As such, it is very important to me how people respond to those mistakes. Bill worked with me to find an amicable solution and I hope he is as comfortable with me as I am with him. When all was said and done, I think we were both satisfied with the agreement. Obviously, we both wish that things never came to this.

The incident has done little to dissuade my confidence in Mr. Goodwin and his business practices. Since dealing with Bill on this uncomfortable matter was so pleasant, I cannot see any reason to avoid recommending him to others.

Bill clearly cares for his business, his customers, and the hobby.

Warmest Regards,
Ted Golden (a.k.a. BlackSoxFan)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[linked image]
email me
The Black Sox Blog

Old 03-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Ted - thanks for sharing. It's easy to be a good guy when everything goes well; that he stepped up when things hit a snag indeed speaks volumes.

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony N.

3 years ago at the Anaheim show I consigned a set to Bill.
4 days after the show a friend that had had it in his case for a few days called and said he had a buyer. He and I called Bill to ask if I could arrange a direct sale, and offed Bill the buyers premium he would've gotten had it run in his auction.
Not only did Bill refuse the money, he wouldn't take the money to ship the cards out, sending it on his dime. I'm glad it worked out for you Ted, but knowing what I know about Bill I"m not the least bit surprised.
Truly one of the good guys in the hobby.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

"but knowing what I know about Bill I"m not the least bit surprised.
Truly one of the good guys in the hobby."

Right on Anthony! I guess I should say that I would not have worked with him in the first place if I were concerned. Nonetheless, it was as good of an experience as I could have hoped for.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[linked image]
email me
The Black Sox Blog

Old 03-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Golly, Ted. I don't know what happened, but my experiences with Mr. Goodwin are consistent with what you've said. He is one fine fellow. A great guy to meet. He knows what he's doing. And he seems to actually care about people, care about collectors.

I highly recommend his auctions to potential buyers, and potential consignors. When you do business with Mr. Goodwin you'll never feel like you got lost in the masses. Great personal service.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Bill Goodwin, is one of, if not the nicest dealer on this earth. He respects everyone, even if you can't afford the cards in his catalog.