NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-07-2022, 02:14 PM

Default Psa tracking process for auto's & photos

Just wondering if someone could enlighten me on the PSA standard process for entering and tracking items OTHER than cards. When I submit cards via the mail, they are entered in the tracking system as received - typically a few days after arriving. Autographed items and photos are an entirely different process. I frequently submit autographs and photos to them through the mail when I can't hand deliver. The problem is - they never enter them in their system as received until they are ready to complete the process. This causes me concern the entire time as there is nothing in the system to show they have the item/items. All I am left with is the delivery information from the carrier and a copy of the submission. With card submissions, you actual attach a small PSA barcode to the box, of which they scan as delivered and should reflect the electronic submission form. There is no such thing for autos and photos. I have a few vintage photos and some rare autographed items that were delivered in early June but are still not in the system. Inquiries through email have not been responded to, and the results of my many attempts to call - I have not even made it into the CALL BACK que as it is always full for the day. Any comments or similar situations out there? I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:01 PM
Stu.art Gil.bert

Default Psa

I’ve sent a few orders to PSA/DNA for autos. They don’t send emails to confirm receipt but you should be able to go to your account to confirm they arrived and are in the system. Lately, it’s taken up to 2 weeks for them to enter them into the system after they arrive.

Do you have a customer number? If so go to your account, enter your customer # and then hit “View All Orders.”
Old 08-10-2022, 11:15 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

I have early June submissions still not in the system as well, but did receive email responses that they have them and are safe and sound.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:08 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
I have early June submissions still not in the system as well, but did receive email responses that they have them and are safe and sound.
Are your submissions photos Jeff? For a while you could get photos back relatively quickly (at least compared to cards). Sounds like that is changing for the worse.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 08-10-2022, 02:21 PM

It's bad for autographs and photos. BTW I have submitted several autographs and photos through the years to PSA. However, unlike cards - the entering system is horrible. I keep my tracking number from USPS and then enter the USPS tracking number into PSA's track your package program, and most of the time (not all) it will show you it was received by them. However, it IS NOT entered into the system until they are almost completely finished with the order. I have autographed photos of Chief Bender and Cal Hubbard pending since PSA received them on June 6 and are still not entered. I have a Walter Johnson signed baseball that was received in early July and is also not entered. I state that because the photos went to NJ and the autographed ball went to CA. It seems the poor tracking system is present on both coasts.
Old 08-10-2022, 04:46 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-illini View Post
Are your submissions photos Jeff? For a while you could get photos back relatively quickly (at least compared to cards). Sounds like that is changing for the. worse.
I did photos twice this year and once took a month and once took about 7 weeks. And never got contacted about receipt or state or update process. One day my credit card was charged and they were done. (Once I dropped off; other time had proof they were received via USPS.)
Old 08-10-2022, 07:19 PM
Jamie

I dropped an autographed photo off at the National (Andy Cooper/Biz Mackey and others) that was previously authenticated by PSA. Customer service reached out to me to say it is in the NJ office, but even said he may take a while to get logged. I paid to get it slabbed as a Type 1 and hopefully PSA/DNA authenticated.

This is my first ever submission, so no idea what to expect.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:01 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlesinj View Post
I dropped an autographed photo off at the National (Andy Cooper/Biz Mackey and others) that was previously authenticated by PSA. Customer service reached out to me to say it is in the NJ office, but even said he may take a while to get logged. I paid to get it slabbed as a Type 1 and hopefully PSA/DNA authenticated.

This is my first ever submission, so no idea what to expect.
Might take a bit longer than you expected but I have never had an issue sending them photos.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:44 PM

A quick update, a gentleman from the west coast autograph authentication called me on my July submission and I finally have it entered as received - a big concern there with the baseball. However, I have been working with CS on the East Coast submission (received on June 3) and still no movement there. They still have not been entered as received - I'm still pushing but shouldn't have to do that.

Something else I've noticed, and I hope it helps someone, if not everyone. PSA still utilizes an older electronic form for photographs and autographs. When you complete the form you are given an option of printing or saving to your computer. Here is a BIG tip, print off 2 copies of the submission form OR print one copy and make a copy from that. Keep a record of the submission number on the form submitted to PSA. The reason I state this is: Once it is saved to your computer, each time you open it in the future it will assign a NEW submission number! If you don't have a copy of the form that was actually submitted with the item, you WILL NOT have an accurate submission number. Trust me on this - it took me getting lost and confused several times until I noticed the submission number changing each time I opened the saved form - crazy.

Hope this helps someone and I'll post again when my items make it to the next steps.