NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 12-25-2021, 07:21 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Default Seeking opinions on value of my 57 Topps set/collection

I'm down to my last upgrade and will be done with my 57T set. I collect raw cards and binder them so everything has been busted from their slabs. Looking for a general idea of street value. Here's a breakdown:
*EX primarily. Nothing worse with some EX/MT
*Starr, Hornung, Unitas all EX.
*Checklist included and still in psa slab as a 1. *only card besides Sherman below EX.
*10 Non-HOFers are autographed and have a non auto dupe in addition.
*Sherman error still needs to be upgraded but is a VG currently. Will be upgraded to EX.
*~100 dupes in VG-EX with many HOFers.

So, that's a lot of info but really just interested in how well I did at piecing it together for $2,000 and very roughly what I should consider it's value not broken up. Not trying to sell now but if you saw this listed on b/s/t, what's the number that makes you say "nice set, reasonable price"?

Last edited by Tao_Moko; 12-26-2021 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:44 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

I’m on your side, but to max values now, the big guns have to be graded. You are just leaving too much money on the table otherwise. I hate playing that game as I don’t have graded in my collection either.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:25 AM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicosbailbonds View Post
I’m on your side, but to max values now, the big guns have to be graded. You are just leaving too much money on the table otherwise. I hate playing that game as I don’t have graded in my collection either.
It's a sacrifice we binder folks take right? I'm happy to give up some equity if it means I can collect as I desire and view the cards and flip through with my son and talk about the players. I guess the advantage is that I won't pay a premium for a graded card - if it happens to be graded then that's fine. My curiosity here is more about set collecting and the value of a group. Piecing together a visually appealing and organized set with it's errors, toughies and unique attributes like scattered auto cards takes time. How is a collection like this valued by a potential buyer on the b/s/t? "Oh, I can break this up and profit from it", or "What a cool set. I'd pay $2k, $3k or more for this because it's already compiled for me." I think I know the answer though curious of others thoughts.
Old 12-30-2021, 02:16 PM
ja.mes na.higian

This won't help you much but I sold my 100% complete PSA graded '57 FB set with REA about three years ago and fetched about $15K in total.

My set GPA was about 7.25 and all the RCs were 7's.

No qualifiers', plus it included two different low grade checklists (A Bazooka in grade 3 and a Blony in 4MK).

Also, I had the very tuff Zeke Bratkowski card in PSA 8, which fetched almost $900 itself.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:38 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Football

Very difficult to get a price without seeing the actual high value cards.... but a quick search of ebay shows 2 sets both supposedly ex-mt with some stars PSA graded, one for $4995 and the other for $2650. No takers for either one as yet. Im not a big fan of grading services but there is no doubt that PSA and even SGC graded cards bring more money and make a sale much easier. A set like yours in the binder along with all the duplicates you mention should easily be worth more than the $2000 you put into it.... how much more isnt clear. Like I said, the above sets are for sale to anyone who wants to click on them and so far nobody has. If you were looking for a quick sale, a price near $2000 would probably do it. Good luck and hope this helped at least a bit. Rocky PS as to whether someone on here would buy these to break them up or keep them, theres plenty of people here and all over the internet who would do both. Buying at a good price doesnt necessarily imply a breakup for resale. Personally Ive never done that in over 6 decades of collecting!

Last edited by NiceDocter; 12-30-2021 at 03:53 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-20-2022, 03:05 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
It's a sacrifice we binder folks take right? I'm happy to give up some equity if it means I can collect as I desire and view the cards and flip through with my son and talk about the players. I guess the advantage is that I won't pay a premium for a graded card - if it happens to be graded then that's fine. My curiosity here is more about set collecting and the value of a group. Piecing together a visually appealing and organized set with it's errors, toughies and unique attributes like scattered auto cards takes time. How is a collection like this valued by a potential buyer on the b/s/t? "Oh, I can break this up and profit from it", or "What a cool set. I'd pay $2k, $3k or more for this because it's already compiled for me." I think I know the answer though curious of others thoughts.
"How much can I break it for" times 80%

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk