NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 02-04-2022, 05:27 PM
Steve M.

Default Sold one of these Morant blues way too early apparently

Wow, completely floored by this price. Anyone else have a card you sold too early on? 😩

Share your stories below
Old 02-06-2022, 01:17 PM

How much time do you have?
Old 02-06-2022, 02:22 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

That would pretty much be everything I sold before 2020. When i see a PSA 7 Aaron RC sell i throw up a little in my mouth.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 02-08-2022, 06:49 AM

Yeah, if cards never went up, who would buy them?

It's okay to leave room for the next guy.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:41 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedcomputer View Post
Yeah, if cards never went up, who would buy them?
People who enjoy card collecting?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 02-14-2022, 12:26 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 02-14-2022, 01:12 PM
Dave

Anybody have any advice on what the meat and potatoes basic/base Ja Morant Rookie card would be to get?

I've dipped my toes in the water and picked up a few of his cards, but there's like 5 thousand different Rookie cards.

Is it Donruss Rated Rookie, Donruss Optic, Panini Prizm base (there seems to be like 150 different Prizm cards to). There also seems to be at least a couple different poses/numbers in each base set. There's cards with him in his college uniform that seem to have a 2019 copyright date on the back while the ones in his Memphis uniform all look like they have 2020 on the back, but people seem to like the Memphis ones better than the college ones.

Questions from a recently modern newbie. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:35 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Anybody have any advice on what the meat and potatoes basic/base Ja Morant Rookie card would be to get?

I've dipped my toes in the water and picked up a few of his cards, but there's like 5 thousand different Rookie cards.

Is it Donruss Rated Rookie, Donruss Optic, Panini Prizm base (there seems to be like 150 different Prizm cards to). There also seems to be at least a couple different poses/numbers in each base set. There's cards with him in his college uniform that seem to have a 2019 copyright date on the back while the ones in his Memphis uniform all look like they have 2020 on the back, but people seem to like the Memphis ones better than the college ones.

Questions from a recently modern newbie. Thanks.
College cards are very seldom valuable even though they are the first issues. I know of no one that considers them a rookie and I avoid them like the plague.

That rookie year the most collected base RCs (for Ja and Zion) are the base Panini Prizm in my belief, with Optic in second. Some base have short printed alternate poses, research before you buy. The costs have dropped quite a bit since last year as well, so it's not a terrible time to pick it up. If per chance he gets MVP (Not probable, but not impossible) they would be going back up.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 02-14-2022 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:37 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
College cards are very seldom valuable even though they are the first issues. I know of no one that considers them a rookie and I avoid them like the plague.

That rookie year the most collected base RCs (for Ja and Zion) are the base Panini Prizm in my belief, with Optic in second. Some base have short printed alternate poses, research before you buy. The costs have dropped quite a bit since last year as well, so it's not a terrible time to pick it up. If per chance he gets MVP (Not probable, but not impossible) they would be going back up.
Thanks for the insight. I always liked 1st cards over "true" Rookies, especially if they are in mainstream sets, but I definitely get where you are coming from. Explains why I picked up a bunch of Memphis State Uniform cards, at what I considered a pretty reasonable price.

His 2019 cards are definitely selling for less than the 2020 cards.

I guess, coming from the vintage world, if Topps put out a baseball card of a guy back in the day, it didn't matter if he was in a Minor League uniform or not. If it was his first card, it was his Rookie card.

Just weird to wrap my head around.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:43 PM
Dave

Sorry, Murray State. I always get a brain fart when it comes to Ja and say Memphis State for some reason.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:39 AM
Dave

Ok, another stupid newbie modern question.

Is there a difference Panini Prizm Draft Pick base card and the ones marked Silver Prizm on the flip, because I can't tell the difference between the two? I even bought two of Ja's #65 draft pick card. One says "Silver" and one doesn't, and I can't tell the difference between the two, even in hand.

Old 02-18-2022, 07:20 PM
Steve M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
That would pretty much be everything I sold before 2020. When i see a PSA 7 Aaron RC sell i throw up a little in my mouth.
Sorry man lol
Old 02-27-2022, 10:28 AM
Jeff Depue

When I sell I RC I take some of the proceeds and bet on that player to win RoY at higher odds. That way if they have big success you still win and if not still made a good sale.
Successful deals w/: awise1187, sycks, icurnmedic, Maj78, Asoriano, Frankish, 3-2-count, TMKenKen, Rdixon1208, CT94122, charlietheexterminator, zoomfest, esehombre, Casey2296, clydepepper, carolenny, Tere1071, ClementeOhFan, JDanos, iwantitiwinit
Old 03-01-2022, 10:34 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Thanks for the insight. I always liked 1st cards over "true" Rookies, especially if they are in mainstream sets, but I definitely get where you are coming from. Explains why I picked up a bunch of Memphis State Uniform cards, at what I considered a pretty reasonable price.

His 2019 cards are definitely selling for less than the 2020 cards.

I guess, coming from the vintage world, if Topps put out a baseball card of a guy back in the day, it didn't matter if he was in a Minor League uniform or not. If it was his first card, it was his Rookie card.

Just weird to wrap my head around.
Many do not consider a card a rookie unless the player is pictured in a pro uniform. I would consider anything in a college or minor league uni an XRC or pre-rookie.

Old 03-01-2022, 10:37 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Ok, another stupid newbie modern question.

Is there a difference Panini Prizm Draft Pick base card and the ones marked Silver Prizm on the flip, because I can't tell the difference between the two? I even bought two of Ja's #65 draft pick card. One says "Silver" and one doesn't, and I can't tell the difference between the two, even in hand.

Silver usually means holographic paper and slightly more valuable due to lower print numbers...slightly. Maybe they mislabeled it, maybe you need better sunlight to see a difference. They should be of higher quality.

Old 03-01-2022, 02:57 PM
Dave

Quote:
Silver usually means holographic paper and slightly more valuable due to lower print numbers...slightly. Maybe they mislabeled it, maybe you need better sunlight to see a difference. They should be of higher quality.
OK, thanks for the clarification. I'll take a look at them again.

Is there a breakdown somewhere that lists the Prizm color schemes in order of rarity?
Old 03-01-2022, 09:04 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
OK, thanks for the clarification. I'll take a look at them again.

Is there a breakdown somewhere that lists the Prizm color schemes in order of rarity?
It can be a complete pain in the ass honestly.

I search for the press release info prior to release to look for it. Places like Beckett and Cardboard Connection often have it.

Here is the Prizm Draft Set -

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...sketball-cards

The common parallels like Silver often have no print run. I look at eBay sales to guess value percentage over base for these.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:27 AM
Dave

Quote:
It can be a complete pain in the ass honestly.

I search for the press release info prior to release to look for it. Places like Beckett and Cardboard Connection often have it.

Here is the Prizm Draft Set -

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...sketball-cards

The common parallels like Silver often have no print run. I look at eBay sales to guess value percentage over base for these.

Thanks for the list. Wish I could say it's cleared everything up for me, but I think it's the best I'm going to get.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:22 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Lol, It’s a bit of a seat of the pants game sometimes if they are not serial numbered. I admit it’s my son that usually has me out knowledged on the ultra modern stuff and the reason I know most of it.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:33 AM
octavio ranzola

i doubt that was paid for ,shill auction lol