NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-03-2012, 12:41 PM

Default CSA show, Edison, NJ

Went to the show with moderate expectations for pre-war cards, but was pleasantly surprised. Several dealers had everything from Pinkertons to E cards to Goudeys/Playballs, and I made some nice pre- and post-war pickups at decent prices. I think that several of the dealers that had planned on doing Valley Forge showed up here (Kevin Savage at least); and the foot traffic was pretty good. PSA and SGC were set up as well.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Thinking of going tomorrow. I know its not pre-war, but by any chance did u see any Jackie Robinson cards aside from the mainstream Topps and Bowman issues?

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default Nj show

I thought pretty good show for vintage... saw many of the popular $1., $2, and even $10 boxes.. many vintage dealers ...I sold and bought..and quite happy with results...10 bucks to get in is a bit out of line though
Old 03-03-2012, 03:27 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Agree, the $10 to get in was steep, but I was also very much surprised by the show. From a card prospective, I thought there was a good selection considering I expected the show to be almost exclusively pictures and autographs. Overall I would say there was a good spread between modern, postwar and prewar. Considering its only a 20 min drive for me, I'd most likely go back to the next show.

DJ
Old 03-03-2012, 04:41 PM
jeff v

I'm debating whether to make the drive up to Edison from Philly tomorrow morning. Kind of craving some new vintage, especially after the Philly show was cancelled. Last time I made the trek up to Edison it was definitely worth it. Sounds like it may be worth the drive again.

Last edited by molen; 03-03-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Matt

Did anybody notice vintage bats for sale?
Thanks Matt

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Brian Marshall

Thanks for posting about this show. I live one town away and was unaware it was happening until last night. I was able to pick six cards for my T206 set, including a Cicotte at reasonable show prices, and make my first submission to the SGC, who were very helpful in taking my best cards into their care for two weeks.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:20 PM

Default shows

I should have went to Edison Sat...I went to a Show at the Sheraton in Eaton Town N.J.....supposedly 80 tables...there were 20 tables at best and one vintage guy with 1 t206 Cobb....