NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-04-2020, 05:27 PM

Default eBay sellers not showing both sides of a card

Looking at a relatively expensive PSA graded card on eBay. Card is graded a 1 and the seller has multiple items listed. I emailed for a picture of the reverse with no response. I understand it’s a holiday but just wonder why only one side of the card is shown. What would you do in this case? Take a chance or let it go? Obviously there’s a reason why the card is graded 1.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:34 PM
Eddie Zuercher

Default back

I would pass without back pic, it's not hard to post a second pic. There's probably a reason for no back pic. Just my opinion
Old 07-04-2020, 05:38 PM
Jay Shumsky

I would wait for a back scan. I am currently working on the 1935 Goudey set and have had to contact several sellers to ask for pictures of the card backs which are really needed for that set, but I usually won't buy anything without seeing both front and back, unless there is at least something in the listing saying "back clean."
Old 07-04-2020, 05:55 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

What are your expectations? In other words, does the front have the typical problems that would lead it to being graded a PSA 1, or does it look better, so you would expect the back to be in much more awful shape than it 'should' be?

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 07-04-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:40 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

Depends but for many cards they have lost my bid or sale.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:51 PM

The front looks like a 4.....
Old 07-04-2020, 08:01 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurJ View Post
The front looks like a 4.....
If you have nothing else to go on, that sorta answers the question. I would ask your question again, but tell him although you're interested in it, you never buy anything without seeing the back, even if it's just a quick cell phone pic. If he still ignores you, I wouldn't waste any more time on his card.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:00 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

There are 5 or 6 ebayer's that I probably buy 75% of my cards from that I trust to grade accurately enough that if they didn't show the back I would certainly trust them. Everyone else, no back no sale...I don't even take the time to ask. Been burned enough in my past...ugh

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 07-05-2020, 05:19 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
There are 5 or 6 ebayer's that I probably buy 75% of my cards from that I trust to grade accurately enough that if they didn't show the back I would certainly trust them. Everyone else, no back no sale...I don't even take the time to ask. Been burned enough in my past...ugh
I know what you mean. Ironically, my trusted sellers just happen to provide back scans.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I don't post back scans, but about 98% of my listings are modern where a back pick isn't necessary. Also, I don't think I've ever asked for a back pic. I just ask to make sure there's no creases, etc. I guess it's something I could/start need to doing.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:29 PM

Default back pics

I only show the back of graded cards if they are expensive.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:42 PM
Ch.r.ls M.u.lr

Assume this is in reference to the 1952 Jackie auction that ends tonight. Yeah no back pic is very frustrating. What's crazy is this seller has a bunch of higher end RAW vintage on eBay....with no back pic. Only scrolled through a few listings, but saw a raw 52 Eddie Mathews. Like, why would you ever sell that raw with no back pics? Nuts.

Last edited by here2havefun; 07-05-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here2havefun View Post
Assume this is in reference to the 1952 Jackie auction that ends tonight. Yeah no back pic is very frustrating. What's crazy is this seller has a bunch of higher end RAW vintage on eBay....with no back pic. Only scrolled through a few listings, but saw a raw 52 Eddie Mathews. Like, why would you ever sell that raw with no back pics? Nuts.
That was the card. He did add a back pic the day the auction was ending. There were two stains likely from tape. Card sold for a strong price for the grade, but the eye appeal was exceptional.