NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-28-2020, 09:14 PM
Shawn M

Default Show how you store your cards

I know its been shared before, just couldn't find it, so lets start it again.. Looking forward to some new ideas !
Old 12-28-2020, 09:32 PM
Andrew

Especially looking for good ways to display cards in top loaders.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:33 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Unikeep clamshell binders. I put raw cards in either mylar card sleeves or card saver 1s, then into pages, and into these 1.5" clamshell binders by Unikeep. The binders are 100% polypropylene and stand up on their own in a straight line with very little shelf space wasted. My T-sized cards go into mylars made for 1951 Bowman cards from tcverify then into nine-pocket pages. Larger cards go into 4 or 2 pocket pages. Photos and premiums into single-pocket pages.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 12-29-2020 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:19 AM
Rick
Mike Mc.Gr@il

A bit pricey but very strong quality. I like this: www.baseballcardbinders.com
I keep my cards in ultra pro heavy gauge sleeves, then in the ultra pro sheets and then in these binders.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:43 AM
J0hn Collin$

I have slabs in shoeboxes and stacks of toploaders in a closet. I could probably stand to get a bit more organized, but it's never been a huge priority. I am not a fan of albums in general, just because of how many of them I had as a kid - and it seemed they always got messy and were a hassle. I am doing a '72 set in card savers and toploaders, which is probably insane.

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-29-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:21 PM
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I have slabs in shoeboxes and stacks of toploaders in a closet. I could probably stand to get a bit more organized, but it's never been a huge priority. I am not a fan of albums in general, just because of how many of them I had as a kid - and it seemed they always got messy and were a hassle. I am doing a '72 set in card savers and toploaders, which is probably insane.
Right now my storage for my (still small) HOF collection is a bunch of toploaders in a box. It's very unsatisfying in that basically my interaction with them is limited to opening the package from eBay, saying "nice, that's a cool card" (or occasionally "dammit, it has a crease that was hidden"), and putting it in the box. I want to get more enjoyment out of them.

I don't think binders are the way to go for me, though - I have memories from when I was a kid of trying to put a card in a sheet pocket maybe a little too quickly at the wrong angle and creasing it across the entire front.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:21 PM
Gary

I've tried a number of approaches. I now mostly use storage boxes. I like the BCW Graded Shoe Box best https://www.bcwsupplies.com/graded-card-shoe-box because it allows me to have a mix of toploaders, one touch holders and graded slabs in the same box.

I also used the BCW Super Vault Boxes but I need a 2 or 3 of them to store a full set. https://www.bcwsupplies.com/super-va...ds-storage-box

Because I couldn't find dividers that were tall enough for graded cards, I created my own by cutting BCW Comic Book dividers to size.

I have a few sets in albums (with UltraPro 9 pocket pages). I've also tried the ToploaderBinder binders here https://toploaderbinder.com/ They allow you to store Toploaders in a binder but they're not cheap and the size of the binders is just too big.

For Coins (Topps, Salada, etc) I used coin flips stored in these boxes https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000EK50O/

For larger items (e.g. Redman, R316, Ticket Stubs, etc). I'm using larger toploaders in this: https://www.reallyusefulstorageboxes...ox-c2x12352367

I've come to prefer toploaders in boxes rather than binders. It's really easy to pick up a box and look at the cards whenever I want. I really like the nostalgia of binders, but I worry that I'm going to damage the cards as I turn the pages.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201229_210857.jpg (73.0 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg 20201229_210753.jpg (71.6 KB, 320 views)
Old 12-29-2020, 02:50 PM
Ethan

Default 1952 Topps

Here is how I store my ungraded set in top holders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2570.jpg (77.6 KB, 320 views)
Old 12-29-2020, 02:55 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Old School for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pirate.jpg (75.9 KB, 319 views)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 12-29-2020, 03:39 PM
D@le Irv*n

Default 52 Topps cards

My 52's are stored in this, except my Mantle, Mays and Robinson that are stored in my safety deposit box.

The rest of my cards are currently in shoeboxes and some of the cards I have that I have owned since my youth are in binder sleeves and in binders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20201228_19_21_15_Pro.jpg (74.9 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20201228_19_21_25_Pro (2).jpg (74.1 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by irv; 12-29-2020 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:11 PM
Andrew

Quote:
I've also tried the ToploaderBinder binders here https://toploaderbinder.com/ They allow you to store Toploaders in a binder but they're not cheap and the size of the binders is just too big.
Yeah, I came across that one too, but was put off by the price. There's gotta be a better solution, I tell you!
Old 12-29-2020, 08:22 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

When I got back into collecting over a year ago all of my cards were in Rubbermaid totes under the bed. They had been stored like that for 25 years. I saw the baseball card binder website and loved the concept of finally having all of my sets in binders so I could look through them. I thought the cost was kind of high for a binder and a couple of prints so I set out to make my own. I also wanted the use actual wrapper or box artwork and not art inspired by them like those are. So far I have art all the way back to 1970 created but it has taken some time to get them in binders. I'm using the Ultra Pro sheets. I'm making them up for my modern sets as well as my vintage sets. I'm using heavy duty D ring binders with vinyl windows from Target that cost 8 bucks and the prints are a buck each on light cardstock. I created all the artwork for the prints using wrapper photos off the internet. Shown are a few completed binders and the shelf I'm currently using in my toy room for them. Once I get more filled I'll switch to a bigger shelf I've made for more binders. Picked up a few clear easels to display my favorite cards on the top shelf.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg albums.jpg (51.3 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg shelf.jpg (46.1 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg album close.jpg (53.1 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg toy room shelf.jpg (43.9 KB, 290 views)

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 12-29-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:43 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimberleycardcollector View Post
When I got back into collecting over a year ago all of my cards were in Rubbermaid totes under the bed. They had been stored like that for 25 years. I saw the baseball card binder website and loved the concept of finally having all of my sets in binders so I could look through them. I thought the cost was kind of high for a binder and a couple of prints so I set out to make my own. I also wanted the use actual wrapper or box artwork and not art inspired by them like those are. So far I have art all the way back to 1970 created but it has taken some time to get them in binders. I'm using the Ultra Pro sheets. I'm making them up for my modern sets as well as my vintage sets. I'm using heavy duty D ring binders with vinyl windows from Target that cost 8 bucks and the prints are a buck each on light cardstock. I created all the artwork for the prints using wrapper photos off the internet. Shown are a few completed binders and the shelf I'm currently using in my toy room for them. Once I get more filled I'll switch to a bigger shelf I've made for more binders. Picked up a few clear easels to display my favorite cards on the top shelf.
Ummm...are we supposed to just ignore the serpent on the floor?? Guess it's better than a guard dog.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:09 PM
Andrew

It's either a serpent, or someone was very excited to see the Red Heart Mantle.

Last edited by ASF123; 12-29-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:22 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Lol. That’s a 1970s GIJoe snake. I also collect toys from my childhood. GI Joe and Marx toy soldier play sets among them.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:23 AM
Mark

Quote:
Lol. That’s a 1970s GIJoe snake. I also collect toys from my childhood. GI Joe and Marx toy soldier play sets among them.
I was going to ask if the snake was real, fake, or trimmed.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:38 AM

I see an Intruder on that bottom shelf...from the GI Joe Big Trapper... just sold mine earlier this year! Good times...good memories
Old 12-30-2020, 10:51 AM
D@le Irv*n

Just seen these on a face book hockey site. Seem pricey (at least up here) but they are supposed to be water proof?
Remove the foam, cut it to accommodate your cards and be done. Might look into these when they go on sale? The OP said he purchased his not long ago at 50% off.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...-0581545p.html
Old 12-30-2020, 11:08 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Old 12-30-2020, 04:33 PM
Shawn M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnVT View Post
Here is how I store my ungraded set in top holders.
Amy's! Great choice!
Old 12-30-2020, 04:55 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

THAT IS AWESOME! Would you be interested in selling some of those inserts? That is really the coolest binder idea I have seen!

Quote:
Old 01-09-2021, 03:11 PM
Shawn M

show 'em