NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > T206 cards B/S/T

Old 08-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Default Successful Transaction

Just completed one half of a transaction with a member (refz) and I am very pleased with the smooth process. I sent my end of te trade yesterday and hopefully he is please with my end as I am with his

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2014, 10:52 AM
bR@dY ThuRsT0N

Great to hear, although I'm not sure that B/S/T is the best option for your post.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

I didn't know where else to post since I'm still a new booty on duty to the site, I figured a T206 B/S/T post goes in the T206 B/S/T Thread. Makes sense to me.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by team-of-rivals View Post
Great to hear, although I'm not sure that B/S/T is the best option for your post.
Maybe he is posting here to publicly document the deal? Not sure if that is necessary, or if it belongs here, but that's my take.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Maybe he is posting here to publicly document the deal? Not sure if that is necessary, or if it belongs here, but that's my take.

That was the exact intent, but for future purposes, where should "said" post be placed respectively?

Old 08-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
That was the exact intent, but for future purposes, where should "said" post be placed respectively?

I think it's fine to post of successful transactions.
You can also put some of them in your tagline instead, as some other members do. Anyone can always PM me for some pointers though I am probably not the best at technical stuff.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Danny Gr|mes

+1 Leon . Anthony im am very glad you enjoyed the card and likewise looking forward to the t207. Enjoy!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You can also put some of them in your tagline instead, as some other members do.
+1. I'm always happy to answer pms asking about my experiences with a member.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Anthony Rodriguez

Will do, thanks

Old 08-23-2014, 02:12 PM
bR@dY ThuRsT0N

My bad.....I am not a fan of perusing 'pats on the back' etc. when I'm looking for items to purchase. Just my take. I imagine those of you who are okay with it would change your tune if we all used the B/S/T as a 'shout out' thread for each and every successful transaction. Again, just my two cents and I realize it isn't worth much!
Old 08-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Luke Lyon

Quote:
My bad.....I am not a fan of perusing 'pats on the back' etc. when I'm looking for items to purchase. Just my take. I imagine those of you who are okay with it would change your tune if we all used the B/S/T as a 'shout out' thread for each and every successful transaction. Again, just my two cents and I realize it isn't worth much!
Yeah, I agree. However he is new and didn't realize no one else really does this. No problem in my opinion. Anthony, you'll realize soon enough that there are very rarely any issues when trading or selling on here. I've done hundreds of sales/trades here and never had anything other than a great transaction. I think posts warning others about someone who didn't deal in good faith would be good to have here. But there are dozens of deals done through the b/s/t every day. We obviously wouldn't want to know that each went off without a hitch (I assume they all do).
Old 08-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Anthony Rodriguez

Got it, lesson learned.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Alex

Quote:
Got it, lesson learned.

I usually just post about the deal in the original thread.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Anthony Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
I usually just post about the deal in the original thread.

There was no "original thread"

Old 08-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
There was no "original thread"
That's ok. That will happen sometimes, Anthony. Not every transaction is going to have a thread. If somebody shoots you a message about a card you mentioned you were looking to buy or sell in another thread, for example, there might not be a public record of that transaction. When something like that happens to me, I just add that forum member's name to the list of those I have in my signature. Anybody who sees that will know I had a problem-free transaction, and they can ask for details if need be.

You have nothing to worry about. If you ever have a question about something like that, please feel free to send me a pm. I'm always happy to help if I can.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Not sure why someone would choose to click on a thread titled "successful transaction" if they're looking for something to purchase? Seems to me that's an error in judgment on your part if you actually expected to find something for sale here. Your latest post seems redundant and somewhat unnecessary as it's been clearly established that a) nothing is for sale here and b) this probably could have been posted somewhere else.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:37 PM
bR@dY ThuRsT0N

Quote:
Not sure why someone would choose to click on a thread titled "successful transaction" if they're looking for something to purchase? Seems to me that's an error in judgment on your part if you actually expected to find something for sale here. Your latest post seems redundant and somewhat unnecessary as it's been clearly established that a) nothing is for sale here and b) this probably could have been posted somewhere else.
Well Dan, that is my point. I don't believe that it belonged in the B/S/T section at all. The post offers nothing in regards to B/S/T. It simply mucks up the section as does your dragging this on. From what I understand it's now a non-issue. Have a good day.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:55 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Well Dan, that is my point. I don't believe that it belonged in the B/S/T section at all. The post offers nothing in regards to B/S/T. It simply mucks up the section as does your dragging this on. From what I understand it's now a non-issue. Have a good day.
Actually no. Your original point was that you were frustrated that someone had the nerve to post in B/S/T, without anything to offer you to purchase, even though the title of the thread "successful transaction" gave no indication that there was ever anything for sale. You chose to make a big deal about it and then got defensive when others, myself included, pointed out the fact that the post was probably misplaced with no harm done. If it's dragging on now it's solely to point out the fact that you seem like a dick.

Last edited by Gobucsmagic74; 08-24-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:26 PM
bR@dY ThuRsT0N

Quote:
Actually no. Your original point was that you were frustrated that someone had the nerve to post in B/S/T, without anything to offer you to purchase, even though the title of the thread "successful transaction" gave no indication that there was ever anything for sale. You chose to make a big deal about it and then got defensive when others, myself included, pointed out the fact that the post was probably misplaced with no harm done. If it's dragging on now it's solely to point out the fact that you seem like a dick.
You're a real treat.