NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-08-2012, 12:46 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Default Dormand postcards Anyone have experience with these?

I posted this on the CU boards but wanted to post them here too.

I have looked at Dormand postcards for a while now and am literally amazed by the photos on the cards. They just say "1950's New York Baseball" to me and I would love to dive in and do some collecting of these. Does anyone have experience with these cards?

I know there was some cards like the Hodges that were considered short prints but a hoard was just found that made them affordable now. Are there significant short prints still remaining?

What can I reasonable expect to pay for these cards? I have looked on Ebay and would like to know how close are the realized Ebay prices when compared to shows etc.

I assume non-used postcards will bring a premium but is there a signifcant premium for non-used cards?

I also see that there is a large size Rizzuto on line right now and was curious if this is a legitimate Dormand or something someone made on their own. Any thoughts?

Last question (at least for now)....Blank backs. Stay away from them or are these legit as well?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:53 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default dormand

large size rizzuto usually sells for $25 or so in nrmt
there was a recent small find of 9x12 mantles in nrmt they used to go for 1000 or so but theyve come down
the 6x 9 mantle is the toughest to get
along with these varieties

BAUER LARGE AUTOGRAPH, COLLINS PATCH SLEEVE AUTOGRAPH ON BOTTOM
STENGEL AUTOGRAPH BOTTOM, SCHANTZ AUTOGRAPH SLANTS DOWN
ive never seen these
regular issues the elston howard is probably the toughest
Old 06-09-2012, 07:06 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Thanks for the response Larry. This will help me in starting this search. From what I have seen it will be nearly impossible to complete the full run but it will be fun no matter what. I appreciate the insight.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Anthøny N. ex

I just finished the run (less a few of the variations I've never seen, as listed by Larry), it's a nice set and if you like '53 Bowman you'll love these.
I found Skowron and Howard to be the toughest, probably because they were only issued in '55. The medium size Mantle card was very tough as well, more so than the jumbo.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Bob Lemke

There is an authoritative article, with a new checklist including variations, by postcard guru Dan Even in the June 29 issue of SCD.

Link to my custom cards gallery:
http://tinyurl.com/customcards
Old 06-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Al Richter

Default Scd

I still have my subscription Bob
Old 06-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Patrick N.

Default Not

Not a big fan, nice photos but they are not baseball cards. Gil Hodges in high grade are superfluous. JMO
Old 06-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Al Richter

Default SCD Dormand Article & Checklist

I have my copy, if anyone wants it when I am done