NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2024, 11:17 AM
deweyinthehall deweyinthehall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 803
Default 1975 Topps Information Sought

Hello - me again.

Appreciate any information/images regarding the 1975 Topps set - minis are of interest when specifically noted.

1) Have 4 of 5 printing sheets - upper left corners featuring Giusti, Taveras, Alou and Washington - need #5.

2) need image of wax wrapper with uncut team checklist ad

3) Grocery packs - info/images of potential 192-pack case/display stand

4) was there a 6-box rack case?

5) Minis:

Cello case, rack box, rack case images;
Were there mini grocery packs? If so, images would be great;
Any uncut sheet images

On the distribution of the minis - I've here at net54 and other places that they were sold from Northern California up the coast to Washington, in Michigan and New Jersey. Any other known areas?

Even though prices have evened out in recent years we still believe they are rarer than the full sized - by a wide margin or not so wide?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2024, 05:07 PM
jmoran19 jmoran19 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 270
Default

Missing sheet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75seaver_singlemiddlesectionrak.jpg (224.2 KB, 227 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2024, 05:10 PM
deweyinthehall deweyinthehall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 803
Default

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2024, 05:11 PM
jmoran19 jmoran19 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 270
Default

I "think" this is the full size wax case
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75casefullwax.jpg (188.3 KB, 225 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2024, 05:27 PM
Cliff Bowman's Avatar
Cliff Bowman Cliff Bowman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Atlanta
Posts: 2,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoran19 View Post
Missing sheet
You are the man! I looked all over the web for that sheet and couldn’t find it anywhere.
__________________
“interesting to some absolute garbage to others.” —- “Error cards and variations are for morons, IMHO.”
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2024, 05:30 PM
jmoran19 jmoran19 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
You are the man! I looked all over the web for that sheet and couldn’t find it anywhere.
TY, been saving Topps 1976 and earlier for 25 plus years, football and basketball too
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2024, 05:40 PM
deweyinthehall deweyinthehall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 803
Default

That must be a full size wax case - I thought I already had and image of one, but the serial number or whatever it is (332-75) is different and I know that minis were in an identically marked case.

Thanks!

PS These are minis then....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mini Wax Case (16 Boxes).jpg (77.2 KB, 222 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2024, 05:54 PM
Kutcher55 Kutcher55 is offline
J@son Per1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 668
Default

Man lots of tough cards on that sheet. 380 bando is just so tough. Grimsley upper right ain’t no picnic either. Tommy Davis up top is notorious for color bleed. 646 Checklist lower left also quite hard.

Been working on this set for over two years. It’s a lot of fun. There must be 40 or more condition sensitive cards in the set.

Last edited by Kutcher55; 05-17-2024 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Because
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-18-2024, 03:20 PM
toppcat's Avatar
toppcat toppcat is offline
Dave.Horn.ish
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
That must be a full size wax case - I thought I already had and image of one, but the serial number or whatever it is (332-75) is different and I know that minis were in an identically marked case.

Thanks!

PS These are minis then....
Interesting. Packed in April and June if I'm reading those case stamps right. I always thought they were done in one big run but maybe the mini's had a second printing?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-18-2024, 04:13 PM
deweyinthehall deweyinthehall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 803
Default

Have I heard correctly - did the uncut team checklists in 1975 come in both regular card stock as well as the lighter white card stock of later years?

I have the version on regular stock. If they did also come on the white stock, would that be the rarer version? If anyone could provide an image of the white stock version, particularly the reverse, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-18-2024, 05:49 PM
Cliff Bowman's Avatar
Cliff Bowman Cliff Bowman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Atlanta
Posts: 2,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
Have I heard correctly - did the uncut team checklists in 1975 come in both regular card stock as well as the lighter white card stock of later years?

I have the version on regular stock. If they did also come on the white stock, would that be the rarer version? If anyone could provide an image of the white stock version, particularly the reverse, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
Yes, I'm guessing Topps realized at some point the regular gray card stock wasn't feasible for folding and sending off in the mail and switched to the much thinner white stock toward the end of the print run. The 75 gray back team mail in cards are much more common than the 75 white back mail in cards. I have a complete uncut 1975 gray back team sheet and a hand cut white back 75 Cubs team card. Here is a scan of a white back 75 Giants team card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75 mail in team white.jpg (183.9 KB, 184 views)
__________________
“interesting to some absolute garbage to others.” —- “Error cards and variations are for morons, IMHO.”
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-18-2024, 05:52 PM
Kevvyg1026 Kevvyg1026 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 460
Default 1975 Bando sheet

I have a scan of the back, if interested.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-19-2024, 06:44 AM
deweyinthehall deweyinthehall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 803
Default

Very much so!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-19-2024, 12:31 PM
Rrrlyons Rrrlyons is offline
R!CK LYON$
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Washington
Posts: 327
Default

Minis definitely distributed in Washington. Bought thousands of them from my local pharmacy.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-19-2024, 01:56 PM
deweyinthehall deweyinthehall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 803
Default

Page is live -

https://mrpekrul.wixsite.com/narcissism/1975
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-20-2024, 09:05 AM
steve B steve B is offline
Steve Birmingham
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern Mass.
Posts: 8,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
Hello - me again.

Appreciate any information/images regarding the 1975 Topps set - minis are of interest when specifically noted.

1) Have 4 of 5 printing sheets - upper left corners featuring Giusti, Taveras, Alou and Washington - need #5.

2) need image of wax wrapper with uncut team checklist ad

3) Grocery packs - info/images of potential 192-pack case/display stand

4) was there a 6-box rack case?

5) Minis:

Cello case, rack box, rack case images;
Were there mini grocery packs? If so, images would be great;
Any uncut sheet images

On the distribution of the minis - I've here at net54 and other places that they were sold from Northern California up the coast to Washington, in Michigan and New Jersey. Any other known areas?

Even though prices have evened out in recent years we still believe they are rarer than the full sized - by a wide margin or not so wide?

Thanks!
The minis were at least briefly available in Dalton Ma.
Although it's possible the store got them from a wholesaler or someone he knew in NJ.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-20-2024, 12:00 PM
toppcat's Avatar
toppcat toppcat is offline
Dave.Horn.ish
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
The minis were at least briefly available in Dalton Ma.
Although it's possible the store got them from a wholesaler or someone he knew in NJ.
A small town in the Berkshires, interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-20-2024, 06:20 PM
Harliduck's Avatar
Harliduck Harliduck is offline
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Marysville, Wa
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrlyons View Post
Minis definitely distributed in Washington. Bought thousands of them from my local pharmacy.
Hey Rick! Yep, only mini's here in Washington and I know this has come up before here. Still weird to me to see regular size 75's...they don't seem right. I have complete sets of each.

I don't have many wax pack wrappers, but I do have one 1975 Mini wrapper....just not the one you are requesting, there is no ad for uncut team checklists...sorry
__________________
John Otto

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-21-2024, 09:32 AM
steve B steve B is offline
Steve Birmingham
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern Mass.
Posts: 8,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post
A small town in the Berkshires, interesting.

I had one packs worth I'd bought new. Had no idea about them until I moved to a town with a card shop in late 77.

I suspect he really did get a box from someone in NY/NJ.
The store I went to as a kid got raided by the FBI at one point. It was where everyone local got their "football cards" something that totally baffled young me. Why was the FBI interested in football cards. I had a whole boxful. Was I in trouble?
No, these are different foot ball cards.
Well how do I get them, how may in the set? It's not those wonder bread ones is it?

Soooo many questions. That also went unanswered until about 3 years later.
Tried getting one for the collection, but they were not easy to get, being used for "accounting purposes" by the issuer.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-21-2024, 11:26 AM
toppcat's Avatar
toppcat toppcat is offline
Dave.Horn.ish
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I had one packs worth I'd bought new. Had no idea about them until I moved to a town with a card shop in late 77.

I suspect he really did get a box from someone in NY/NJ.
The store I went to as a kid got raided by the FBI at one point. It was where everyone local got their "football cards" something that totally baffled young me. Why was the FBI interested in football cards. I had a whole boxful. Was I in trouble?
No, these are different foot ball cards.
Well how do I get them, how may in the set? It's not those wonder bread ones is it?

Soooo many questions. That also went unanswered until about 3 years later.
Tried getting one for the collection, but they were not easy to get, being used for "accounting purposes" by the issuer.
My grandparents had a summer cottage on Big Pond in Otis until around 1974. We would go to the diner/coffee shop in town (Hall's) and they always had a few boxes of cards out on the counter. Usually they had the current baseball set and last year's football cards and sometimes the secondary issues like the previous year's Tattoos left over as well. Only place I ever saw cards up there as a kid.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-21-2024, 12:38 PM
steve B steve B is offline
Steve Birmingham
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern Mass.
Posts: 8,162
Default

A lot of the towns were pretty small.

My "neighborhood" store was on the end of town near Pittsfield, right in with some subdivisions, and a couple hundred yards from a park that was used for little league.
There was another that had them a couple streets over from school but I only went there once or twice.
K mart had a vending machine, and another chain had rack packs usually in a 4x4 display just piled loose. Mom found me a Hank Aaron card there that I really wanted in 74.

The smaller towns - not like Dalton was huge or anything, may not have had much since the stores were pretty far away from where kids would usually be.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1983 Topps Information Sought deweyinthehall Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) 10 05-22-2024 04:51 PM
1976 Topps Information/Images Sought deweyinthehall Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) 5 05-10-2024 05:55 PM
1981 Topps Information Sought deweyinthehall Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) 10 04-27-2024 05:03 PM
Worch Cigar sets information sought timn1 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 8 02-07-2024 08:56 AM
Information Sought on Mono T217s canjond Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 0 06-13-2010 10:08 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 PM.


ebay GSB