NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Frost View Post
To be honest the signature does not look that bad via scan, I would need to physically examine the Mickey Mantle signature if you are interested in the authenticity. As for the COA, I can guarantee to you that is a forgery. Collectibles of the Stars was no longer open in 1997 and the signature on the COA is not mine nor my brothers. Where and who was this signed photograph purchased from?
In an unrelated question. I know your name's not on it, but I was wondering if you possibly know anything about the Cheetah the Chimp signatures that were discussed here a while back? Apparently they were signed in '97, with the COA using the names "collectibles of the stars" and Michael Wehrmann.

http://www.timelessautographauctions.com/lot-4319.aspx
http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=176306

Last edited by novakjr; 10-22-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Mike, I could not just sit back a let you spew garbage. You brag about being friends with Mantle. If that is true why cant you authentic his signiture. It is just hard to belive a man who watched Mantle sign all those items cant tell a good one from a bad. I am sure not only Chris but many other people on this site have seen your PAAS letters that authenticated many forged Mantles.
If you where the only one handleing Mantle. Where was Tommy Catal and Gree Johnson at that time?
Old 10-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Michael Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Mike, I could not just sit back a let you spew garbage. You brag about being friends with Mantle. If that is true why cant you authentic his signiture. It is just hard to belive a man who watched Mantle sign all those items cant tell a good one from a bad. I am sure not only Chris but many other people on this site have seen your PAAS letters that authenticated many forged Mantles.
If you where the only one handleing Mantle. Where was Tommy Catal and Gree Johnson at that time?

Shelly, the only garbage being spewed here would be you.
I do not fell comfortable sharing information nor proof with someone with your credentials. I will share some information with others that I know tune in to this type of gossip. Yes I was friends and trusted by Mickey Mantle, something a small time .50 cent baseball card guy like yourself would know nothing about.
P.A.A.S Autograph Authentication is one of a small group of authenticators or dealers that would be qualified to truly examine and authenticate Mickey Mantle's autograph. Shelly once again mentions the many P.A.A.S. letters of authentication for forged Mickey mantle items. Yet I see no examples of all these bad letters for Mickey Mantle autographs. It seems funny when this come from you mouth and I am thankful that most (good guys & bad guys) believe about a tenth of what you have to say.
As for Tommy Catel, I know Tommy for over 30 years around 1983-84 he was no longer doing much with Mickey Mantle although they always remained friends. Greer Johnson was a dear friend of mine and I work with her directly on many Mickey Mantle Appearances as well as private signings.

Last edited by Michael Frost; 10-25-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Michael Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
In an unrelated question. I know your name's not on it, but I was wondering if you possibly know anything about the Cheetah the Chimp signatures that were discussed here a while back? Apparently they were signed in '97, with the COA using the names "collectibles of the stars" and Michael Wehrmann.

http://www.timelessautographauctions.com/lot-4319.aspx
http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=176306
This was a actual private signing done by may partner Michael Wehrmann. I have never seen one authenticated by a 3rd party authentication company before. I do not understand how one can examine nor authenticate this signature without a library of exemplars. I would have to presume that this signature was authenticated based upon the credentials of Michael Wehrmann's name and reputation.
Each signed photograph was signed and numbered and was sold with a matching numbered certificate with the signature of the owner and the chimp. This private signing initially started out as a joke but it was very successful and did sell out. I believe the asking price in 1997 was $15.00 each and I am glad to see such a big increase. It would be something to start seeing forged Cheetah autographs in the market.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:58 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Frost View Post
This was a actual private signing done by may partner Michael Wehrmann. I have never seen one authenticated by a 3rd party authentication company before. I do not understand how one can examine nor authenticate this signature without a library of exemplars. I would have to presume that this signature was authenticated based upon the credentials of Michael Wehrmann's name and reputation.
Each signed photograph was signed and numbered and was sold with a matching numbered certificate with the signature of the owner and the chimp. This private signing initially started out as a joke but it was very successful and did sell out. I believe the asking price in 1997 was $15.00 each and I am glad to see such a big increase. It would be something to start seeing forged Cheetah autographs in the market.
Thank You Michael... I know we all discussed it, mostly due to the 3rd party authentication, but I was still a little curious about the item in general.. So thank you for that response.

Last edited by novakjr; 10-22-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Ken Goldin

I figured I would help the group out and add a unique , authentic, inscription from Mickey Mantle to the exemplar pile.
This is November 1991, as it was waiting for me at my office when I came back from my honeymoon (1st wife. wedding 10/19/91). He didn't give my marriage long I guess....lasted 13 years
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mantlewedding.jpg (46.8 KB, 242 views)
Old 10-22-2013, 03:40 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengoldin View Post
I figured I would help the group out and add a unique , authentic, inscription from Mickey Mantle to the exemplar pile.
This is November 1991, as it was waiting for me at my office when I came back from my honeymoon (1st wife. wedding 10/19/91). He didn't give my marriage long I guess....lasted 13 years
I'm curious about those stray dot's in the signature, Ken. Are his M's supposed to look like boobs when you turn the sig upside down?
Old 10-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Ken Goldin

[QUOTE=novakjr;1198065]I'm curious about those stray dot's in the signature, Ken. Are his M's supposed to look like boobs when you turn the sig upside down?[/QUOTE]

LOL!
maybe on that one, if so, it was a joke I didn't get till 22 years later
Old 10-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Really Mike, who had the first West Coast show with Mantle. I did two others with him as well in Vegas. You have authenticated more bad Mantles outside of the Donald and Morales and I don't keep examples of your crap. So stick the fifty cents where it belongs. I would be willing to bet that my opinion Mantle whould be much trusted on this site than yours hands down.
By the way you still selling hot dogs at Kiosc?

Last edited by shelly; 10-22-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=kengoldin;1198069]
Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
I'm curious about those stray dot's in the signature, Ken. Are his M's supposed to look like boobs when you turn the sig upside down?[/QUOTE]

LOL!
maybe on that one, if so, it was a joke I didn't get till 22 years later
I thought they were tears lol