NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 06:42 AM
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Might be a generic address template for people to fill in and it wasn't filled in. Ala "Fill in you address, ala 'Joe Smith ABC Main Street...."
Keep in mind the company name and email address are on there, so some modification to the template occurred. Also note the invoice came from the AR email address listed in the invoice, which is different than the info email address listed on the website for communication. - jason schroeder

Last edited by js95b1p; 11-21-2019 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Name addition
Old 11-21-2019, 07:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Names please.....

Everyone in this thread needs to have their full name next to their post, per the rules. If you don't want that then you can edit your response. All companies and people have a right, on this forum, to know who is throwing any shade their way.
Here is the rule at the top of every page in bold letters.

If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it.

Thanks

Last edited by Leon; 11-21-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:18 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Everyone in this thread needs to have their full name next to their post, per the rules. If you don't want that then you can edit your response. All companies and people have a right, on this forum, to know who is throwing any shade their way.
Here is the rule at the top of every page in bold letters.

If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it.

Thanks
I put my name at the front a longggggg time ago to avoid any hassles. I hate having to watch what I say. And in this day and age, these companies should KNOW that they need to be above board. Too many charlatans out there, and too many legit ones too.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:25 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceplay sport View Post
I'm very curious why Bob, wont explain on this thread, especially since he responded twice and is convinced he knows why .........
Indeed. And no answer to the question about where they got the email list either.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:47 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Indeed. And no answer to the question about where they got the email list either.
I asked where they got the email list in a thread that was up about this auction house a few weeks ago and got a PM message saying that "Crazy Uncle auctions purchased a number of email lists". Nothing more specific than that.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 11-21-2019, 07:53 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-illini View Post
I asked where they got the email list in a thread that was up about this auction house a few weeks ago and got a PM message saying that "Crazy Uncle auctions purchased a number of email lists". Nothing more specific than that.
Admittedly not a thorough search on the legalities, but the first thing I found.

Given that the specific rules in terms of buying/selling and/or sharing list lack total clarity, a general rule is that it is good practice to avoid buying or selling email lists. The buyer or seller of an email list can be liable for a CAN-SPAM violation – a criminal offense punishable by imprisonment. This arises when said buyer or seller either sells email addresses or sends emails to purchased addresses when he or she knew, or should have known by implication, that the list was the result of harvesting or was taken from a website or other service that warranted that it would not sell the users’ email addresses to third parties, the latter of which is commonly asserted in most websites’ ‘Terms of Service.’

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:20 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-illini View Post
Purchasing email lists is legal. Using them is murky. You have to have permission to have someone on an email list. How did you get that permission if you purchased the information?

EDIT: What Peter said.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 11-21-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:31 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

I think that they got the email list from Steiner Sports customer list. Aaron used to work for them before they went belly up. I have an old email address that I don’t ever use anymore, as well as, a new one. Both of them used to be Steiner Sports accounts. Both of them received unsolicited emails from Crazy Uncle auctions. I have not used the other email address for years.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:06 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Somehow the crazy uncle reminds me of:

Who can take a sunrise
Sprinkle it in dew (BABY)
Cover it in chocolate
and a miracle or two?
The candyman
The candyman can
The candyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good

I wonder if they're still in Dothan.
you forgot Sammy's (BaaaBY) so I added it for you.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
Just got a friendly phone call from them explaining to me what happened. They are trying to tell me that I placed a ceiling and there were other bidders on there and that is how I got pushed up. The problem with that is their site was showing me winning at $39 when I placed my Max. Maybe the site wasn't refreshed... I guess that is possible or another gent bid within those seconds that I was winning and placed a Max. Possible I guess.

Anywho they told me they didn't like my attitude and that my invoice was being canceled. A Woooo Hoooo 1 less auction catalog on my counter.

Sadly I screamed a few pleasantries at the young man that I can't write here and hung up on him. Oh well he pushed my button and I snapped so hopefully he has thick skin..

I do wish them luck in their future auctions as I actually love their logo!

Kinda neat

Dan Mckee
You're the winner in this, who the F cares?
Old 11-21-2019, 01:15 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
You're the winner in this, who the F cares?
He cares because his big got pushed up and he was bidding against himself. Period.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
He cares because his big got pushed up and he was bidding against himself. Period.
Bob if you have a legitimate answer surely it's better to post it than to have people assume the above?

Old 11-21-2019, 04:42 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I meant he was the winner for them running the bid on it/him and THEN canceling his order and never having to do business with them again.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 11-21-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:38 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

It's fascinating watching the reputation of this new auction house manifest here on the board and there is little to no communication by the auction house at all. It's like watching an accident happen in slow motion.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 11-21-2019, 07:13 PM
Luke Lyon

It's pretty hard to believe. The part about the items being from consignors and the AH not getting pictures uploaded until the last day was pretty shocking. Crazy that there is some more weird stuff happening.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:17 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
It's fascinating watching the reputation of this new auction house manifest here on the board and there is little to no communication by the auction house at all. It's like watching an accident happen in slow motion.
Stuff trumps all. If next auction has nice stuff with great PSA cards, from the right years with razor sharp corners..well maybe not that last one..but you know what i mean

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-21-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:25 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
Kinda depressing for some of us.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 11-21-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Howie Schenker

So I had the misfortune of winning a lot and have not received the cards over two weeks after payment. Their phone message box is full and there has been no response to emails. Nice start!

Howie Schenker
Old 12-04-2019, 02:34 PM
Ja@ck Win.ston

Not sure how you paid, but to be fair, if it was by check, I know of at least one other auction house that waits two weeks for checks to clear.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Howie Schenker

I paid by credit card. I wouldn't mind the delay, but they don't communicate.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeson View Post
PM them directly through this site it worked for another member with the same problem.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackW View Post
Not sure how you paid, but to be fair, if it was by check, I know of at least one other auction house that waits two weeks for checks to clear.
I will say as a small company I have to wait for checks to clear. Eating a big check could kill me. That being said my bank advised me that 5 business days is more than safe now-a-days.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Howie Schenker

I paid by credit card the day of invoicing.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
I paid by credit card the day of invoicing.
I got nothing.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Ja@ck Win.ston

Quote:
Wow. Sorry about your situation.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:11 PM
pete ullman

has anyone received their winnings from this quality outfit?
Old 12-05-2019, 06:47 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
has anyone received their winnings from this quality outfit?
No. In my case, they created a shipping label last Friday, November 29. But, as of this morning the status on the tracking number is "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item."
Old 12-05-2019, 06:51 AM
Peter Spaeth

Not ready for prime time, apparently.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:52 AM
Howie Schenker

At the suggestion of a fellow member, I messaged Aaron here last night. So far it's been "crickets".
Old 12-05-2019, 08:05 AM
Howard Chasser

Default I guess

the proprietors of Crazy Uncle Auctions never heard the expression:

You only have 1 chance to make a good first impression.

I hope this is just poor business practice, lack of preparation and dismal customer service and nothing worse.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:11 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
the proprietors of Crazy Uncle Auctions never heard the expression:

You only have 1 chance to make a good first impression.

I hope this is just poor business practice, lack of preparation and dismal customer service and nothing worse.
it's hilarious I quote various sayings and idioms at work all the time...to mostly youngsters...and they usually scoff at them.

A patient of mine who is a teacher told me the other day that the kids today expect "do overs" for practically everything so they do a half assed job the first time figuring they will have a chance to "do it again!"
Old 12-05-2019, 10:22 AM
Howard Chasser

Default I totally relate!

Quote:
it's hilarious I quote various sayings and idioms at work all the time...to mostly youngsters...and they usually scoff at them.

A patient of mine who is a teacher told me the other day that the kids today expect "do overs" for practically everything so they do a half assed job the first time figuring they will have a chance to "do it again!"
Millenial=ENTITLED
Old 12-05-2019, 10:48 AM
Ja@ck Win.ston

But it's so many boomers in this hobby who repeatedly have shown the willingness to turn a blind eye toward the questionable and downright fraudulent people and businesses. The "do over" business plan works very well in this hobby, because so many people aren't willing to call a spade a spade, which allows the questionable businesses to keep rolling right along.

Last edited by JackW; 12-05-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:00 AM
Howie Schenker

Someone won, and presumably paid $39K for a 52 Mantle in that auction!

My lot was less than $200. Though I really wanted the cards (51 Bluebacks), it's time to call the credit card company.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:28 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Millenial=ENTITLED
my patient was referring to whatever generation the teenagers are today!
Old 12-05-2019, 11:29 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackW View Post
But it's so many boomers in this hobby who repeatedly have shown the willingness to turn a blind eye toward the questionable and downright fraudulent people and businesses. The "do over" business plan works very well in this hobby, because so many people aren't willing to call a spade a spade, which allows the questionable businesses to keep rolling right along.
the "boomers" are heavily invested and don't want to lose their eggs!
Old 12-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Jason

Quote:
At the suggestion of a fellow member, I messaged Aaron here last night. So far it's been "crickets".
I called as well and left an SMS message since the voicemail was full. I also sent an email with no response as of yet. - jason schroeder
Old 12-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Howie Schenker

Quote:
Originally Posted by js95b1p View Post
I called as well and left an SMS message since the voicemail was full. I also sent an email with no response as of yet. - jason schroeder
Aaron just sent me a message saying I should have tracking by tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Mike Henry
Mi.ke Hen.ry

Default Where are my items?

I paid via credit card on Nov. 21. I've never even received a shipping confirmation. I've emailed 3 times with no response. I called today and their mailbox is full, which is no surprise based on the other posts.

Has anyone had any lucky speaking to anyone from Crazy Uncle?

Thanks,
Mike Henry

Always buying and selling everything prewar, ESPECIALLY TY COBB, and also 1950s cards.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:21 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I heard they were going to change the name to Lazy Uncle, but they never got around to it.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

Candiman is looking good by comparison.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:01 PM
Banned

maybe aaron is traveling again. If the queen mary doesn’t dock soon perhaps he can send a cable to explain the delay.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
I heard they were going to change the name to Lazy Uncle, but they never got around to it.
In their defense, that would require a lot of scratching out the 'CR' and writing a "L' on their letterhead. Which will take a LOT of ink.

Brian
Old 12-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
In their defense, that would require a lot of scratching out the 'CR' and writing a "L' on their letterhead. Which will take a LOT of ink.

Brian
Oh great now you told them how to do it. I was gonna see if they'd eventually figure it out on their own.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:58 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Candiman is looking good by comparison.
Has it been established they aren't working together? I can't say I'm sorry I missed this auction.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Has it been established they aren't working together? I can't say I'm sorry I missed this auction.
Has Aaron even posted since Dan McKee questioned whether he was run up and Bob declined to explain what happened?

Old 12-05-2019, 05:12 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Has Aaron even posted since Dan McKee questioned whether he was run up and Bob declined to explain what happened?
i dont believe aaron has ever posted...has he?
Old 12-05-2019, 05:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=276003

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=275564

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 12-05-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
i dont believe aaron has ever posted...has he?
he travels a lot
Old 12-05-2019, 05:21 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
he travels a lot
I stand corrected...ya seems like whenever i used to call Bill Goodwin about my $$$$ he was always at disney world!
Closed Thread