NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 07-27-2020, 08:01 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default At least 14 Florida Marlins test + covid

Team is not playing today. At least 12 players, 2 coaches.

Yankees scheduled to use same clubhouse today.

Should be an interesting day in world of MLB.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:01 AM

Yankee game cancelled. I think the responsible thing to do would be to call the season now.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:04 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Right people that want to work just dont let them work, just stop the season and have all the staff and clubhouse and video departments have no job...even though they want to work..

i think MLB worried Marlins were going to win World Series so someone in clubhouse took care of things
Old 07-27-2020, 09:18 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Yankee game cancelled. I think the responsible thing to do would be to call the season now.
Basketball can probably have their season because everyone is in a bubble. Unfortunately, with travel and hotels and no social distancing I don't think baseball (or football) works. I agree that before more players get sick and infect others the season should be cancelled. It's unfortunate, but necessary.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:27 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

This seems a little odd. Were they all asymptomatic? I mean if you feel a little ill in this day and age, might want to take a few precautions.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-27-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Right people that want to work just dont let them work, just stop the season and have all the staff and clubhouse and video departments have no job...even though they want to work..

i think MLB worried Marlins were going to win World Series so someone in clubhouse took care of things
How does what you want come into play when you're talking about a virus you have no control over. It's not like everyone returned to run concession stands or parking. What is the difference?

Last edited by packs; 07-27-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:46 AM
octavio ranzola

Hi steve this is crazy end the season
Old 07-27-2020, 09:48 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
How does what you want come into play when you're talking about a virus you have no control over. It's not like everyone returned to run concession stands or parking. What is the difference?
Not what i want...its what THEY want, free country, if the government doesnt shut it down, restaurants are still open, so are department stores.....people work in many places in which they come home to high density housing..

if they want to play play so bi it..plus there are lot more jobs that just concession and parking at risk......i think they will need another breakout before contemplate another season

and to address another posters point, the players are most likely asymptomatic..

its not going to be a 'real' championship....all hands on deck! A lot of minor league players who never would of had a chance to play MLB are getting that chance this year....you will see years from now a lot of MLB players who only played 98% or more of their MLB career in 2020.

Florida covid positivity rate is at 11% right now that last few days..if in a week or so its in single digits....it would be getting close to 5% which most experts agree you can have an open economy at that point....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-27-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:55 AM

Why is it important to note they're asymptomatic? That has nothing to do with your ability to spread the virus to someone who isn't. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:55 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Whole season just seems forced and unnecessary. And that was my opinion a month ago. Doesn’t feel like a real season at all. And I think it sends a
Message to kids in little league, college ball, etc. that athletes don’t need to follow the rules that are being articulated. Players not even following the safety protocols their union fought for. Went to a little league game last week and hardly a mask in view
Anywhere.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:00 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Why is it important to note they're asymptomatic? That has nothing to do with your ability to spread the virus to someone who isn't. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.
The point was that they didnt know they were sick the poster seems to think that the players who were sick should of let people know, my point is they probably didnt know they were sick ..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-27-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
The point was that they didnt know they were sick the poster seems to think that the players who were sick should of let people know, my point is they probably didnt know they were sick ..
That's not true though. Three Marlins tested positive before Sunday's game and the team as a whole still decided to play, which resulted in another 11 tests.

The Marlins did not consult the Phillies about their decision.

Last edited by packs; 07-27-2020 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:05 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
That's not true though. Three Marlins tested positive before Sunday's game and the team as a whole still decided to play, which resulted in another 11 tests.

The Marlins did not consult the Phillies about their decision.
Right we already knew about those 3., we are now talking about the ones that were not removed from playing yesterday...they may not have been symptomatic is the point..
Old 07-27-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Right we already knew about those 3., we are now talking about the ones that were not removed from playing yesterday...they may not have been symptomatic is the point..
No, I think the point is the Phillies probably wouldn't have played in the game if they knew the Marlins were contending with a possible outbreak in their clubhouse. I think the secondary point is the Marlins should not have played a game knowing they were potentially dealing with an outbreak in their clubhouse.

Last edited by packs; 07-27-2020 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:09 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

To some extent the players have themselves to blame. I watched parts of all 3 of the Mets games and I can tell you that social distancing at times was a joke (and contact could have been avoided).

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 07-27-2020 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:33 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Whole season just seems forced and unnecessary. And that was my opinion a month ago. Doesn’t feel like a real season at all. And I think it sends a
Message to kids in little league, college ball, etc. that athletes don’t need to follow the rules that are being articulated. Players not even following the safety protocols their union fought for. Went to a little league game last week and hardly a mask in view
Anywhere.
The little league and travel team games around here have been going for a while, they started while the MLB was still fighting with itself. No masks anywhere around then or now.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:36 AM
Larry P.

The NFL will have an even bigger problem than baseball with physical proximity and body secretions.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:36 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
The little league and travel team games around here have been going for a while, they started while the MLB was still fighting with itself. No masks anywhere around then or now.
Finally, a ray of sanity. Just curious though. Where is "around here"?
Old 07-27-2020, 10:45 AM
Mike

Same here, little league etc are playing but the Major Leagues need to shut down ? I thought this is why the rosters were expanded ! If players got sick from the virus the additional players would step in from their pratice facilities. If you test positive leave the team for 14 days and get a negative test before you return and let the rest of the players play. Again the players are not wearing masks in the dugout and not practicing social distancing.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:57 AM
Jeff Sherman

Default This is diffferent

This is not about freedom to work; its about freedom from involuntary exposure to a potential lethal pathogen. I don't care if someone wants to work in their basement. I care if someone wants to work in a physical space that has any non-zero potential to kill someone else. I watched the Nationals games. Repeated non-mask wearing, physical contact, no social distancing, and that affects the players AND the staff, clubhouse staff, dugout staff, media, etc., etc. It also affects and puts at risk people in hotels, airports, and anywhere the players go or gather for any reason (see Clippers’ Lou Williams story). I admit I'm a flaming liberal, but here I am pro-life -- mine, yours, our families, and our neighbors. There is NO good reason, except entertainment, for this dangerous environment to host sports in the manner MLB has chosen. The season is an illegitimate joke anyway. Why risk players' health, their families health, and their organizations and communities' health?
Old 07-27-2020, 11:11 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

You know, there's a really, really good argument for going on regardless of how many get sick and are sidelined--on a battlefield. The baseball park ain't a battlefield and the a sports season isn't a war. I would love to see sports resume but not at the cost of getting people sick. And these are meaningless exhibition games in the biggest asterisk season ever. Canned crowd noises and cutouts in the stands? What a joke. I guess to complete the synthetic experience if I decide to watch a game I should park my car a mile from my house and tuck a $20 under the wiper blade, then eat a bad hot dog and flush $10 down the toilet. And since I am in Los Angeles, find someone to beat the crap out of me in a parking lot.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-27-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:14 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36GoudeyMan View Post
I care if someone wants to work in a physical space that has any non-zero potential to kill someone else.
Those people have the right to remain in their bunker, which is still probably a non-zero potential.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:26 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Finally, a ray of sanity. Just curious though. Where is "around here"?
I'm in Cleveland, and I don't consider groups of people getting together like this to be particularly smart.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:39 AM
©hri$ $€X₮ŘΝ

I wish they would just end the season. Players opting out, others in quarantine for two weeks at a time, short schedule, half the teams get a playoff seed...if my team won it all this year, I wouldn't consider them a World Series winner. I would rather everyone stay healthy than continue this farce.

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 07-27-2020, 11:55 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:

If this percentage of their roster has it, and was asymptomatic, a heck of a lot more of MLB may have it and are asymptomatic. At what point do we let them play? When not a single person tests positive after then how many days?

Try to have a post you dont edit, I did see one this thread! One post at a time my friend.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:23 PM
Dave

To think Clint Frazier was called a sheep for wearing a mask during game play.

He was rewarded by being sent back down to the training facility after two games and no game play.

I used to think he was a bit of a knucklehead, but it turns out he's the smartest player on that team.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:35 PM
Kyle May

MLB has been playing without the Marlins for the majority of the time since basically 2004. Just continue the season.

They expanded the rosters for a reason. Many flu outbreaks have occurred over the years and the MLB didn't shut the season down. Those who didn't want to "risk" getting COVID-19 had the option to opt out. Those who were ok with the "risk" are playing. So Play Ball.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 07-27-2020, 12:41 PM

I don't know (and will not opine on) whether baseball, or any other sport, should be played this year. But I do know this thread has the making of a massive train wreck. The discussion will 1000% devolve into fighting and politics.

I am claiming "I told you so now". Boy will this be a good read (unfortunately).
Old 07-27-2020, 12:47 PM
Chase

I say call the season out of an abundance of caution. I "watched" a game. Not sure much will be lost. As mentioned the fan noise back track and the cardboard cuts out is a bit too artificial for my taste. Players did not seem to be that into it either. Just another cost to outlasting the pandemic.

Anyone know what the TV ratings have been for the games that have been played?
Old 07-27-2020, 12:49 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36GoudeyMan View Post
This is not about freedom to work; its about freedom from involuntary exposure to a potential lethal pathogen. I don't care if someone wants to work in their basement. I care if someone wants to work in a physical space that has any non-zero potential to kill someone else. I watched the Nationals games. Repeated non-mask wearing, physical contact, no social distancing, and that affects the players AND the staff, clubhouse staff, dugout staff, media, etc., etc. It also affects and puts at risk people in hotels, airports, and anywhere the players go or gather for any reason (see Clippers’ Lou Williams story). I admit I'm a flaming liberal, but here I am pro-life -- mine, yours, our families, and our neighbors. There is NO good reason, except entertainment, for this dangerous environment to host sports in the manner MLB has chosen. The season is an illegitimate joke anyway. Why risk players' health, their families health, and their organizations and communities' health?
Got news for you, we likely will be living with Covid next year as well maybe even years later. Will always be non-zero death potential for years to come. 20-30% of people are not going to get a vaccine. By the way some people die when having a vaccine, its not a non-zero potential thing to do as well

There are people dying of heart disease and cancer that would of been saved had there not been a shut down.

A high percentage of the Covid deaths occurred in nursing homes.. Theres a reason Florida has far less death than New York even though there were more infections in Florida

Driving a car to look around for no apparent reason has zero benefit but there is not non-zero potential of death..

You guys need to stop taking all your news from just CNN...

Football risk of head injury is far worse then Covid risk in terms of health down the line...they didnt cancel football forever...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-27-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
If this percentage of their roster has it, and was asymptomatic, a heck of a lot more of MLB may have it and are asymptomatic. At what point do we let them play? When not a single person tests positive after then how many days?

Try to have a post you dont edit, I did see one this thread! One post at a time my friend.
Being asymptomatic does not mean you can't transmit the virus to someone who doesn't have it. You will test positive for the virus when you're asymptomatic. I really don't know what you're suggesting when you say let asymptomatic players cohabitate with people who don't have the virus at all.

Last edited by packs; 07-27-2020 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:50 PM
Wayne V

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I don't know (and will not opine on) whether baseball, or any other sport, should be played this year. But I do know this thread has the making of a massive train wreck. The discussion will 1000% devolve into fighting and politics.

I am claiming "I told you so now". Boy will this be a good read (unfortunately).
+1
Old 07-27-2020, 12:56 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Being asymptomatic does not mean you can't transmit the virus to someone who doesn't have it. You will test positive for the virus when you're asymptomatic. I really don't know what you're suggesting when you say let asymptomatic players cohabitate with people who don't have the virus at all.
Now you are lying. I didnt say let them play once theyve been tested. I said probably many more havent been tested that are asymptomatic. Please stop the insinuations as you will have to edit even more of your posts.

In peoples humble opinion, How long do we keep mlb cancelled? Until not a single player test positive for how many days? What if MLB players are immune to these novel virus symptoms, but older coaches and owners and ones with comorbidities are?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 07-27-2020, 01:01 PM

I thought you were suggesting it was safe for asymptomatic players to play. Sorry for misunderstanding.

MLB policy is that if a player tests positive the player has to test negative twice 24 hours apart and have no fever for 72 hours before they can become active again.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:08 PM

I guess a number thresh hold would be when a team can no longer field a team under the policy guidelines. But that's probably only if numbers are the sole determination.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:14 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Basketball can probably have their season because everyone is in a bubble. Unfortunately, with travel and hotels and no social distancing I don't think baseball (or football) works. I agree that before more players get sick and infect others the season should be cancelled. It's unfortunate, but necessary.
The only places MLB could have "bubbled" are hot spots...AZ and Florida. I have a close friend who lost his father to COVID this weekend. His pop was only 55 and had no underlying health conditions.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:41 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
The only places MLB could have "bubbled" are hot spots...AZ and Florida. I have a close friend who lost his father to COVID this weekend. His pop was only 55 and had no underlying health conditions.
I really think today is the low point in MLB in terms of Covid...you will see when we look back when in September it worked out...
Old 07-27-2020, 02:39 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Not what i want...its what THEY want, free country, if the government doesnt shut it down, restaurants are still open, so are department stores.....people work in many places in which they come home to high density housing..

if they want to play play so bi it..plus there are lot more jobs that just concession and parking at risk......i think they will need another breakout before contemplate another season

and to address another posters point, the players are most likely asymptomatic..

its not going to be a 'real' championship....all hands on deck! A lot of minor league players who never would of had a chance to play MLB are getting that chance this year....you will see years from now a lot of MLB players who only played 98% or more of their MLB career in 2020.

Florida covid positivity rate is at 11% right now that last few days..if in a week or so its in single digits....it would be getting close to 5% which most experts agree you can have an open economy at that point....
It’s not a free country, Jake. There are laws to restrict freedoms for the public good. The public good would be served if baseball was shut down before these teams travel around the country infecting as they go.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:41 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
I really think today is the low point in MLB in terms of Covid...you will see when we look back when in September it worked out...
And if it isn’t—it’s not worth the risk.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:42 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
It’s not a free country, Jake. There are laws to restrict freedoms for the public good. The public good would be served if baseball was shut down before these teams travel around the country infecting as they go.
so do many other groups of people but at least in baseball they are getting tests almost daily and have a bunch of money tied into keeping people safe..at least a lot better than the other groups of people that would be on the similar flights as them or people using public transportation.

the risks are very low.....shutting down things can also be deemed against the public good and the public good can be argued to being better served as not shutting things down.....its not all in a vacuum.

They allow group social protesting right..thats considered much bigger than the pandemic (according to health experts on CNN at least) ..too me if there are other things more important than the pandemic than dont really need to get into the public good argument about some ballplayers..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-27-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:54 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

If the rule were simply wear masks when u are away from home regardless of your occupation things would be different. Until that is implemented I doubt very seriously that any endeavor to revert to "normalcy" will succeed. Just wear a mask!!
Old 07-27-2020, 02:59 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Were the season to continue, I would simply have my catcher repeatedly cough and sneeze and blow his nose. No batter would want to get anywhere near the plate, and thus...

5.04 (b) (6.02) The Batter’s Box
(3) If the batter refuses to take his position in the batter’s box during his time at bat, the umpire shall call a strike on the batter. The ball is dead, and no runners may advance. After the penalty, the batter may take his proper position and the regular ball and strike count shall continue. If the batter does not take his proper position before three strikes have been called, the batter shall be declared out.

You'd be able to toss a perfect game without ever throwing a single pitch.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
You know, there's a really, really good argument for going on regardless of how many get sick and are sidelined--on a battlefield. The baseball park ain't a battlefield and the a sports season isn't a war. I would love to see sports resume but not at the cost of getting people sick. And these are meaningless exhibition games in the biggest asterisk season ever. Canned crowd noises and cutouts in the stands? What a joke. I guess to complete the synthetic experience if I decide to watch a game I should park my car a mile from my house and tuck a $20 under the wiper blade, then eat a bad hot dog and flush $10 down the toilet. And since I am in Los Angeles, find someone to beat the crap out of me in a parking lot.
That's funny.. I will tip the waitress on the way out.

Personally, I think wearing face masks isn't political or about rights. It's common sense to wear one. I could hurt others by not wearing one. I will make the sacrifice of the little bit of discomfort until there is a vaccine or cure.( though we don't have a cure for the common cold yet)

Last edited by Leon; 07-27-2020 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:08 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

So what if its not a normal season

You know in 1981 the the top 2 NL teams with the overall best record in the entire league didnt make the playoffs. teams played a different number of games for the season as well

"They had the best overall record in all of baseball. That was the Cincinnati Reds, who went 66-42 overall but did not make the playoffs. The St. Louis Cardinals, by the way, had the second-best overall record in the NL — 59-43 — and didn’t make the playoffs either. The Orioles had the same number of overall wins as the Yankees but had two fewer losses due to an uneven number of games played, yet they stayed home in October too. The Tigers had one more win than both of them"

Also there was a team in the 1970s that missed the playoffs by 1/2 game and played one less game then the team in front of them..
Old 07-27-2020, 03:25 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
And I think it sends a
Message to kids in little league, college ball, etc. that athletes don’t need to follow the rules that are being articulated.
I think that ship sailed long ago. LOL
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 07-27-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:

Also there was a team in the 1970s that missed the playoffs by 1/2 game and played one less game then the team in front of them..
I never knew that about the 1972 Red Sox, they got screwed. I wonder if the strike had anything to do with that decision and MLB was pressed for time and didn’t want to delay the playoffs with two more possible games. ETA: after reading up on it, Bowie Kuhn said that absolutely no games lost to the strike would be made up after the matter was settled, and the Red Sox had a 1 1/2 game lead with four games left in the season including a winner take all three game series to end the season in Detroit. The Red Sox lost to the Orioles on a Sunday, lost two straight in Detroit on Monday and Tuesday to be eliminated, and then only winning the meaningless finale in Detroit.

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 07-27-2020 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 07-27-2020, 04:14 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
I never knew that about the 1972 Red Sox, they got screwed. I wonder if the strike had anything to do with that decision and MLB was pressed for time and didn’t want to delay the playoffs with two more possible games.
I cant imagine that do that now but just making a point that there are many traditions broken so who cares if this 2020 Covid year is all mixed up...there have been prior mixed up years with things people wouldnt stand for now and all within our lifetimes.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:21 PM
Bruce Mattioli

MLB tried although it might fail. I hate this Virus as most do.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:21 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I've been coaching little league kids since end of May ZERO problems.

In Illinois Sunday 1 Covid death - a 90 year old man. No offense but 90!!!! Please.

Shut the world down, because someone dies from a disease.

PATHETIC!

Play ball!

Shut everything down until every person on Earth is safe. What a joke!

Oh no a few healthy 20 years olds tested Positive oh no Shut the season down. Everyone back to their basements.

IDIOTS!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 05:41 PM
Fred

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcmwPYCUysw

This whole year is pointless... feel free to pee in my Cheerios if you're offended by that.

What? Nobody enjoys it when the broadcast crew raises the volume on the cheering when the home team hits one over the fence or someone makes a great play?

That was the beauty of baseball - over a long season, things usually "even out" so to speak. IF it lasts 60 games, it'll be interesting to see how it all ends... I'd like nothing more than watching the San Francisco Giants battling it out with the the Kansas City Royals for the WS title.