NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Default Any good shows upcoming?

Posted By: Tom

I'm hankering for a good show to visit in June or July but can't make the National. Any other good choices for vintage/oddball this and that?

Tom

Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Tom - I'm sure Paul Fusco will chime in, but the Ohio Sports Collector's Convention is coming up in about a week and it is supposed to be one of the biggest vintage card shows of the year.

http://www.ohiosportscollector.com/

Old 04-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd

anyone know of any shows except the Tri Star show in San Francisco ?

Old 04-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: nbrazil

The only Bay Area show worth attending if you're a vintage collector is Mark Macrae's shows that he holds twice a year. I believe the next one is in June. They are usually in San Leandro.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Fusco

Hi guys, Paul Fusco here. The Ohio Sports Collectors Convention is next weekend at the Strongsville Holiday Inn April 11-13th. I dare to say after going to several other shows in the midwest over the last six months that we have assembled the best vintage show outside of the National for the 2008 show season. You can check out the listing of dealers on the show website at www.ohiosportscollector.com. Admission is only $4 with free parking.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

Is this the Holiday Inn on Royalton Road?

Does anyone remember any of the OJs that were there? Player names?

Thanks!

Old 04-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Fred - it is the Holiday Inn on Royalton (right off 71). I did not see any HOFer OJs (not saying they weren't there, but I walked around the show about 3 times and didn't see any).

Old 04-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

Thanks Matt. Do you recall how many OJs you saw and the condition (and prices)?

Old 04-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Unless I missed something there were less then a dozen OJs there; I wasn't shopping for them so I can't speak to prices. Generally, prices on the pre-war stuff was normal for a show - about 15%-20% more then on ebay.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jantz

I have to echo Matt's comments. I seen probably the same amount of OJs & recall only one of them with a price. It was raw & had 225 written on the top-loader. The OJs that I did see all had clear images. I do remember that. I was told that alot of the nice/rare prewar cards were snatched up by some of the bigger dealers before the doors opened. All-in all it was a very nice show with alot of stuff (memorabilia & cards) to see. Without a little self control, one could do alot of damage to their savings account. I'll drive back up the next time the show comes to town.

Jantz

Old 04-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: scott brockelman

Myself and fellow board member Richard Masson will be setting up at the PCCE show in Chicago this weekend. I would venture to say we will have the largest Pre-war selection at the show, 10 cases full of 19th and early 20th century cards. We will be buying as well. I will also be taking consignments for the upcoming Brockelman & Luckey May auction.

We welcome everyone to stop by and say hi.

Scott

Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Masson

I will have lots of Old Judges (primarily HOFers), Butter Creams, D359s, many other caramel and tobacco cards and other odds and ends. Scott and I will have plenty of neat stuff for sale and there is nothing like actually seeing a card in person before you buy it. The Chicago show may seem small, but it will be very focused and it is likely that everyone who is setting up will bring their best stuff for the occasion.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

Hi Richard,

When you have a second would you e-mail me at wolfie51sb@aol.com? I have a quick question. (I'd e-mail you, but your address isn't listed with your post.)

Thanks,

Rob