NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Val Kehl

Welcome to Net 54. To answer your questions re the Chantilly Show:
- Yes, there are quite a few dealers with vintage cards, including some with pre-WWII cards.
- I always go on Friday (Show hours 2 - 8 p.m.) because (1) the admission is FREE, and (2) there is no autograph activity on Friday to distract the dealers, etc.
- It is by far the biggest/best show anywhere near to where you are located.
Val
Old 06-28-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Welcome to Net 54. To answer your questions re the Chantilly Show:
- Yes, there are quite a few dealers with vintage cards, including some with pre-WWII cards.
- I always go on Friday (Show hours 2 - 8 p.m.) because (1) the admission is FREE, and (2) there is no autograph activity on Friday to distract the dealers, etc.
- It is by far the biggest/best show anywhere near to where you are located.
Val
AWESOME! I already got it on the calendar and am 95% sure I will be able to make it. And if I came, I could only come Friday night, which sounds like it works out the best anyway.
http://journeyto407.wordpress.com
Old 06-28-2014, 06:31 PM

Journey

Very cool undertaking. Even more so having your kids involved. Bravo, indeed.
I started a low number run of them earlier this year and am up to about 100/310 without too much difficulty.

I, basically, broke the set up into three tiers: (a) most expensive HOFers and other expensive tough cards (Pafko, Loes, etc); (b) mid-range stars and others in that $50-$125 range; and (c) the true commons.

I am attempting to focus on (a) and (b) to only later close out with the 'easier' ones. The Mays is, naturally, proving the most daunting so far. That will probably be one of the last cards I add (unless I stumble across a steal).

I also think your historical curiosity about the players depicted will help you contextualize the set and provide even additional motivation to get it completed.

Best of luck and please keep up apprised of your progress.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:27 AM

Chris,

I agree with Val !!! Definately go to the Chantilly show on Fri, July 11. I always go on the Friday too for the reasons he stated. There are plenty of dealers that sell 1952's there !!!

See you at the Chantilly show !!!

Best,
Alan
Old 07-07-2014, 02:17 PM

Default Changed from graded to raw...

More detail can be found at my blog, but I wanted to write for 2 reasons:

1) This forum truly is awesome! Since I hopped on a couple of weeks ago I have met a bunch of great guys and really had a lot of my questions answered. I don't feel like I've given much back, but will do so as time goes on.

2) I have had a reality check in regards to my desire to get a 52 Topps PSA 5 graded set. I think I jumped the gun a little bit, but I realized some things over the weekend that made me conclude a) a graded set was out of my price range and b) it would be much more fun for me and my kids to collect raw, in binders, so that we can feel the cards, touch the cards, and have a more exciting journey together.

So onward and upward to a raw set. My goal at the Chantilly show is to pick up 10-20 to add to the collection. Pics will be up hopefully this weekend.

Thanks again for letting me be a part of the community!
http://journeyto407.wordpress.com

Tags
1952 topps