NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-17-2023, 08:46 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Upcoming REA and Huggins & Scott auctions with Howe McCormick stamped T206s

In the next couple of weeks, there are two auctions with fairly large lots of Howe McCormick stamped cards. While I wouldn’t be able to bid and win on lots that large, I would like to contact the winner of either or both lots, if they happen to be members of this board. There is a total of eight cards from the two lots that would fill holes in my quest to now build a complete T206 set of cards with Howe’s stamp on the back.

In a Huggins and Scott auction that begins July 21, there is ….

https://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-...l?itemid=71228

From that lot, two cards – Gray and Mowrey – I would be very interested in. There are two Mowrey’s in the lot, so it would be like getting rid of a dupe for the winner.

In the upcoming REA Summer Auction, lot 403 has 47 Howe-stamped cards.

Of those - Carr, Fiene/portrait, Lord, Mullen, Murphy/batting, and J Tannehill, Washington - would be the ones I am interested in obtaining.

As always, thanks to everyone on the board for the help the past 16 years in first trying to rebuild Howe’s collection, and then refining that when we found out exactly now large it was. If you happen to be a winner of either of these lots, congratulations, and I hope to hear from you.

(and thanks Leon for saying I could post this on the main page)

Last edited by Howe’s Hunter; 07-24-2023 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added lot number for REA auction
Old 07-19-2023, 07:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Good luck obtaining some, Ed.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:22 AM
Derek Granger

Still my favorite collection focus of a Net54 member. And this coming from a collector with not a single T206 in his collection. How is that even possible?!?

Good luck!! I hope you’re able to work something out with the eventual buyers of these lots!!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 07-19-2023, 10:00 AM

Here's hoping you land some or all of these that you need Ed.

You would think Huggins and Scott would show the backs of the T206 cards in their lot...Howe is featured in both the title and the writeup, but no images of the stamped backs?

Brian
Old 07-19-2023, 12:28 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Could turn out well for the winner …

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
You would think Huggins and Scott would show the backs of the T206 cards in their lot...Howe is featured in both the title and the writeup, but no images of the stamped backs?
Could be several Old Mill cards in there, or even a couple Hindu-backed cards. But I would guess if that were the case, they would have included a back scan.
Old 07-19-2023, 01:16 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

By far my favourite collection, good luck Ed!

Back scans of the Hunt lot.

Last edited by atx840; 07-19-2023 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2023, 11:35 AM
Ed McCollum

Default The REA auction is now lice

The lot number for the Howe-stamped cards is 403. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2023, 08:24 AM
Robert Williams

Were you able to get the recent Huggins and Scott auction Ed?
Old 08-11-2023, 12:19 PM
Ed McCollum

Default I have been in contact with the winner of the H&S auction

More to come on that in the near future ….
Old 08-23-2023, 02:13 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Good luck on the Huggins & Scott. But don’t know who won REA

As I mentioned earlier, I did find out who the winner was of the Higgins & Scott auction that had two cards I was after. But found out today the winner of the REA lot is unknown (so far).

So if you happen to be the winner of lot 403 in the recent REA auction (47 T206s with Howe McCormick stamp on the back), I’d like to talk to you about five of them.

If you happen to see a lot of McCormick-stamped cards for sale (not from Greg Morris) please also let me know.

Thanks to everyone’s help in my strange quest. It is very much appreciated.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:52 AM
Ed McCollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howe’s Hunter View Post
If you happen to see a lot of McCormick-stamped cards for sale (not from Greg Morris) please also let me know.
Just to clarify, I’ve got nothing against Greg Morris. He has been supportive and helpful in my quest over the years. I just know he didn’t win the REA lot, so any cards he might list on eBay in the near future are not the ones I’m after.

Just worded that original post very poorly.