NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-26-2021, 10:33 PM
Ryan Cambi⚾️

Default Who bought my T206 set ???

Definitely a long shot, but still thought I'd put it out there...

Hoping to see if anyone within this community might know who purchased my T206 set. I sold it in 2008 (needed the funds for our first home). It was sold as a "Buy-It-Now" on Ebay for $19,999 and paid for with a cashiers check (if memory serves). It was stored and shipped in the same type of binder as pictured. Each card was placed in a semi-rigid holder that was trimmed down along the top and one side in order to fit standard 9 card pages. The set was complete at 520 and to account for the missing big 4 slots I had added a second (normal) Magee and Doyle, along with a Plank 1909 e95 & an altered re-print Wagner.

-Ryan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210506_083412.jpg (77.0 KB, 1024 views)
Old 07-27-2021, 10:52 AM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Hi Ryan -

That is a great story. I hope you can reconnect with your old cards. Where are you at with your T206 set now?

Great story and I sure hope someone has an answer! What was that decision like? How long did it take you to acquire the 520? At any point, did your wife tell you not to sell? Or, was she encouraging you to sell? Which cards do you remember?

I find it interesting when I see folks referencing old cards that they had, they saw sold, the reacquired.

Talk soon,
Kevin
Old 07-27-2021, 03:18 PM
Robert Williams

I hate to say it, but they probably pieced it out. Scattered to the wind.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I hate to say it, but they probably pieced it out. Scattered to the wind.
I was sort of thinking that to...sort of sad.
Old 07-28-2021, 03:12 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I was sort of thinking that to...sort of sad.
It's the circle of life. Cards get bought one by one and put together into collections and then sold off as a group, only to be broken apart and sold again and put back together into a new collection.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)
Old 07-28-2021, 05:27 PM
Bruce Mattioli

After years of collecting this is the reason I do not sell.. Ever..
Old 07-29-2021, 12:17 AM
Ryan Cambi⚾️

So my wife (girlfriend at the time) was actually ok with me keeping the set, but I felt like it was the right thing to do, as we were investing in our first home together. The set took me just under 1 year to complete (obviously I wasn't to picky), the vast majority bought on eBay with some lots here and there from dealers online (t206.com...? Mike Wheat...? Don't overly remember the sites).

Didn't think the set would necessarily still be together, more just curious what path it took and when. I can say the second attempt is going great. Have an emphasis on off-backs which I feel makes for great viewing (especially in the 20 card pages)...the best part this time around is now I've got a little mini me who's probably more into playing/watching/collecting baseball than I ever was at his age!
Old 07-29-2021, 05:28 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFire82 View Post
So my wife (girlfriend at the time) was actually ok with me keeping the set, but I felt like it was the right thing to do, as we were investing in our first home together. The set took me just under 1 year to complete (obviously I wasn't to picky), the vast majority bought on eBay with some lots here and there from dealers online (t206.com...? Mike Wheat...? Don't overly remember the sites).

Didn't think the set would necessarily still be together, more just curious what path it took and when. I can say the second attempt is going great. Have an emphasis on off-backs which I feel makes for great viewing (especially in the 20 card pages)...the best part this time around is now I've got a little mini me who's probably more into playing/watching/collecting baseball than I ever was at his age!
Wow Great Observations and Great Focus and joy on the little mini me.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 07-29-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFire82 View Post
.the best part this time around is now I've got a little mini me who's probably more into playing/watching/collecting baseball than I ever was at his age!
Thanks for sharing this...how old is the boy? I have a 5 year old that I am sort of introducing to the T206s. He is aware of their existence. Acknowledges them...
Old 07-30-2021, 08:03 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
After years of collecting this is the reason I do not sell.. Ever..
Interesting take… I have never regretted a purchase I made to add to my collection. But I think all the time about cards that I wished I had ever sold!

I might be getting close to this too