NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Default Leon is a "save thread"......

Posted By: mr. moses

option possible? I'm no computer person. I read the threads here nearly every day. Much important material is discussed in and amongst the fluff. I would like to not have to cut and paste into notepad or whatever every time there is a salient point or something worth archiving. I was thinking like a "watch this item" or "add to watch list" feature like in auctions...... Thanks in advance for a reply.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

The only way I would know to save a particular thread is by adding it to favorites and making a seperate folder for them. I have been updating the links page for a while and am not quite finsihed. I saved that thread by going to "favorites" and adding it to "add favorites"....now when I click on it, it pulls up that particular thread and only that thread....Hope this helps...Maybe someone else knows a better way but that's the way I do it. I am not very computer savvy.......best regards

edited grammar a little bit...but I still ain't no good at it...

Old 06-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

good question...my solution has been to save a thread by saving that page in my Favorites

edited to say: "yeah, same as what Leon said"...we were writing at the same time...

Old 06-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Administrator

my gustatorial twin . I wanted to ask you about what you said relative to the big difference in our collecting style or what we collect. I know what I like and have - but nothing about your collecting desires and proclivities. I DO tend to like the peripheral, ancilary, and secondary nature of the cards and their manufacture more than the people on the cards themselves - that alone seperates me from many...... And you??? It's a big hobby with room for all. BTW, for dinner tonight rack of lamb with garlic'd cracker crumbs and cracked mustard seed along with wilted spinach and wasabi mashed potatoes. It's no Peter Luger's but it's much closer as it's in my kitchen already......

Old 06-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Hornish

First of all, that meal sounds fantastic! Secondly, I agree about the saving of some threads, like Ted Z's "No Print" lists. There was a T206 Wiki set up a while ago ( a search should yield the site) that nobody used but I wonder if the threads could be pasted into there?

Old 06-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad Green

Up near the top of your browser, you should be able to find a button (the "page" button on Internet Explorer) that has an option under it to "Save as". With this button you can save the page as an html file. This will save the page and all the pictures on it. After 20 days (?) some of the pictures will disappear on the net54 threads, but if you save the page as an html file on your hard-drive then you will be able to double-click on that html file anytime you want and look at what was in that thread. It will put all the pictures and smiley faces in a folder in the same directory as the html file.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

Wow! another top-shelf menu tonight! very jealous

You hit the nail on the head with regards to the main difference in collections...my collection at this time is far more narrow (mostly cards, and newer at that, as I only recently found the vintage marketplace) and boring to someone who is interested in the tobacco-related "ephemera" (if that is the right word?) as well as the cards...

I did not mean any slight to you, just a moment of levity while remarking how similar our dinner tastes are!

Here's where I'm at, if you're interested.
http://www.freewebs.com/chisywact/

Cheers!
Jason

Old 06-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Administrator

in anything anyone collects. I'll take a look tomorrow. Thanks for the replies. I've used the favorites thing but wanted more AND I'm exploding apart at the seems. I looked at the "save as" option and still a bit cumbersome 4 me. Just thought I'd give Leon something else to do. Idle minds are the devil's playground....